New training facility announced | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New training facility announced

Jul 12, 2016
Maybe we'd get even better players with better facilities, and Norwich, Wolves and Swansea are loaning players to us despite our lack of training ground.

You can have all the opinions you like, that's totally fine. I actually apologised to you a couple of pages ago as MGM's post made me realise I was being a tw*t to you... but in a post directly after that you told someone else to 'wake up', so it goes both ways. I think you're objectively incorrect, but you can make your points in a reasonable and thoughtful way.
Only because he told me to go to bed early! 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Olly Watkins' money I assume.

It's certainly not from the large amount of fans they attract.

Its the only way they survive - selling on players with % fees on top.

It will be a lovely feeling in years to come to be able to take some of their academy prospects to entice them to a shiny new training facility in Plymouth and we get the new Ollie Watkins, Michael Cooper, Adam Randell or Luke Jephcott.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Maybe not from the large amount of fans they attract but as much as we are meant to hate them, I think we should look on in envy which I think we do as they have something we don't, the ability to make good money from player sales.
Plymouth prices.... never heard of Exeter prices

We’ll see - I fully believe we’ll be the club making the next multi million pound sale, not Exeter.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Forget Exeter who cares. Concentrate on Devon’s first team.
I don't think we should forget Exeter, without them we wouldn't have rivals though its not on a regular basis, without them we wouldn't have this reminder that no matter how much bigger we are than them, when it comes to conveyor belt players selling on for large sums, we are a long way behind!
We all know how much potential there is as a club, we know from Wembley we can amass a great following, our history tells us of attendances being much bigger than we can hope for today but we are a large city, we have a large catchment area and we are the largest city to never host top flight football!
Those who say we will never reach the top league are the ones most used to failure and disappointment, the false dawns, but we have a chairman who has bought in people with big money and that will be where the success begins.
Eventually, in my opinion, these new people will take over the club, the infrastructure will be complete, Championship football the norm, the stadium will be expanded and as the saying goes.... build it and they will come!
It's going to need money men to get us there, sustainability is only going to get us so far, football is a different thing these days.
Small steps today, giant strides tomorrow.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I know the creatures up the road are crowing about winning 7-0, but it was against Cheltenham who've lost every single one of their matches this season so far.

Also Cheltenham dropped nearly their entire team to play Exeter in the league cup first round, with only their goalkeeper and 2 outfield players retaining their places in a game they clearly weren't prioritising.

It's one result against incredibly weak opposition - We'll see where we all are at the end of the season..

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I know the creatures up the road are crowing about winning 7-0, but it was against Cheltenham who've lost every single one of their matches this season so far.

Also Cheltenham dropped nearly their entire team to play Exeter in the league cup first round, with only their goalkeeper and 2 outfield players retaining their places in a game they clearly weren't prioritising.

It's one result against incredibly weak opposition - We'll see where we all are at the end of the season..
And we didn't crow when we won 8-1 at Hartlepool?
It is still an achievement, you still have to beat what is in front of you.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
And we didn't crow when we won 8-1 at Hartlepool?
It is still an achievement, you still have to beat what is in front of you.

That was in a league match where the opposition fielded their strongest team, it’s not the same.

We won 15-1 in pre-season, so what.?! So what because it was against weak opposition, same as Cheltenham were who were bottom of L1 having lost all their matches and we’re worse still having dropped all their players.

Last edited:

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Ollie Watkins, born in Newton Abbot

Transfers:
18 July 2017 Exeter to Brentford on a four-year contract, with an option for a further year, for an undisclosed fee, reported to be £1.8 million.

9 September 2020 Brentford to Aston Villa on a five-year contract, for a £28 million fee, which could rise to £33 million.

To make millions from a transfer, Argyle have to be in the Championship at least - and for that player to have demonstrated their skill and worth at a high level.

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Ollie Watkins, born in Newton Abbot

Transfers:
18 July 2017 Exeter to Brentford on a four-year contract, with an option for a further year, for an undisclosed fee, reported to be £1.8 million.

9 September 2020 Brentford to Aston Villa on a five-year contract, for a £28 million fee, which could rise to £33 million.

To make millions from a transfer, Argyle have to be in the Championship at least - and for that player to have demonstrated their skill and worth at a high level.

They got another £3.5m when he went to Villa. 15% sell on clause

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
They got another £3.5m when he went to Villa. 15% sell on clause

£3.5 mill is massive - keeps them running for years.

To put that amount into context - our entire yearly turnover is around double that amount.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I regularly drive past the Exeter City training ground fairly and I'll always refer to it as the Cat and Fiddle training ground :D Seems more apt than Cliff Hill.

That aside, it has the advantages which I think Argyle will struggle to match with this new site (although it's great we've secured the area over at Ernesettle) - it's out of town, room to develop (I know there's options at Ernesettle too, but I don't think they'll be easy hurdles to overcome), 5 mins from the M5 and roughly the same (if you know the back-road) to the airport. And if you look at their plans for the main building - offices, gym, canteen, classrooms...

Jul 12, 2016

They also beat Port Vale 4-0 on Saturday. 11 scored ,none conceded in two games.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
They also beat Port Vale 4-0 on Saturday. 11 scored ,none conceded in two games.

And only drew with Lincoln on the opening day.

There’s only 132 points left up for grabs.
If they’re still scoring 11 goals every two games by Xmas then it’s worth taking note of imo.

All I care about is us getting promoted and them being lower than us in the table after 46 matches.