New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Don't_Panic":1wgwybii said:
Willis88":1wgwybii said:
samjones":1wgwybii said:
Emeraldinho":1wgwybii said:
Forgive me for any naiievity but if and when the corners are filled in, won't the new shop/ticket office be in the way of any construction work and have to come down anyway, hence their current perceived temporary nature? Just asking. :think:

That's the sort of forward thinking I'm talking about. All these bitty developments ultimately cost more for less.
I'm of the opinion that you either do it right and properly or not at all.
Half measured efforts don't cut it.
Love to see the higher home park development use 2nd hand prefab units ?
A city the size of plymouth should have a decent sporting stadium
Aren't we the biggest city in the country NEVER to have had a first flight team ?

Sam can you do everyone a favour and publish this inside knowledge you seem to have on the build, how buildings are made, the construction industry, the costs of such constructions, where the funds are being scrimped, the timescales for the development showing why it's behind schedule and how things will look once phase 2 is completed including where the "forward thinking" is failing please? You seem to understand more than anyone else on here, or are you just complaining for the sake of being miserable

Of course he won’t be able to, he knows nothing, just on one long pathetic windup as he clearly has nothing else going on in his sad little life, & I’m not even sorry to say that. The internet world is too full of wasters like this.

Exactly the point I was making, he's either on a wind up and enjoys watching people bite or he's Marvin from the hitch hikers guide.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Or he could be someone with a different opinion and take on things?

Aug 5, 2005
samjones":1fitzzi6 said:
Emeraldinho":1fitzzi6 said:
Forgive me for any naiievity but if and when the corners are filled in, won't the new shop/ticket office be in the way of any construction work and have to come down anyway, hence their current perceived temporary nature? Just asking. :think:

That's the sort of forward thinking I'm talking about. All these bitty developments ultimately cost more for less.
I'm of the opinion that you either do it right and properly or not at all.
Half measured efforts don't cut it.
Love to see the higher home park development use 2nd hand prefab units ?
A city the size of plymouth should have a decent sporting stadium
Aren't we the biggest city in the country NEVER to have had a first flight team ?

Sam tell me about the 2nd hand prefab units?

I asked before how much you knew about modular buildings. You are being extremely disrespectful to call them 2nd hand prefab buildings.

Aug 5, 2005
jerryatricjanner":1oqgmmcf said:

Problem is, if this is true, he is unwilling to listen to why he is incorrect about his assumptions, and has been for a long while.

Whilst I respect different views, stating untruths and refusing to listen to why they are incorrect is not on. Or Trump.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
jerryatricjanner":32o9try3 said:

:lol:

He spent most of last season either taking great pleasure at creating hashtags for Argyle’s inevitable demise, or mocking fans for their play-off ambitions and bets.

When it comes to the grandstand, he’s either lying, is woefully misinformed, plain thick, or on a long term windup. You’d have to be, to continually insist that it’s just a paint job and that Exeter City are getting something better.

I’ve asked several times where he thinks £15m is coming from to build a new 5,000+ stand, corners, and hospitality/banqueting facilities and he refuses to answer. So there’s no point engaging with him any further :thumbup:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
jerryatricjanner":1ev3zrtr said:
Surely thats not allowed !

Everyone has to be a green tint or happy clapper to avoid derision on here

Aug 5, 2005
samjones":3i883k54 said:
jerryatricjanner":3i883k54 said:
Surely thats not allowed !

Everyone has to be a green tint or happy clapper to avoid derision on here

Oh so that's the tactic is it Sam?

Talk a load of rubbish, and when people take time to try to explain why you are wrong, claim that everyone is picking on you and slag off the site.

Why not just respond to the points made to you?

Oct 31, 2015
samjones":20aem4n3 said:
All I want is a proper stadium with proper corners and decent capacity. I'm sure it would not have been much more expensive to do the thing properly from the outset rather than save a fiver and peacemill some abomination together which is compromised.
This is how stands were first built a century ago and shows how in the past our thinking is.
When the horse shoe phase 1 was done wasn't the idea that phase 2 would simply bolt on and join it up ?
10 years down the line we are bodging together some half hearted effort and dressing it up as saving the ancient facade that basically needs scrapping.
Even city with their ground and finance restrictions are making a better fist of it than us.

I bet the higher home park development won't get short changed and everything will be state of the art, brand new
Jesus mate.

Are you ever happy. Your #nailedonrelegation last season will haunt you for years and now the refurbed stand gets your back up.

Look we have 6 million not 20 million so we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Get your head out your arse about the club doing things on the cheap. Off site built buildings are fine with todays technologies. Even the new stand at anfield has modular buildings within.

The club are doing it properly first time with the money they have available. Now if you want to throw some of your millions at the boatd to help then I bow to you and you can criticise like you do all the time.

When we lose you are so far down on here its unbelievable.

Tbh with the way you are you should find another hobby bevause supporting a 3rd teir team is doing you no good.

I dont know how old you are but there are 2 things in life that always happen to everyone. You are born and you die. The bit in the middle is up to you so make the most of it.

Start enjoying life and the club you say you support ffs or move on to pastures new.

Argylegames":3d3jxxfp said:
Judging from the work now done behind the iconic facade, it is disappointing to realise that the new 'Superstore' and Ticket Office is not going to be a permanent building.
The footings have been put in for a temporary structure with metal beams sat on concrete pads. Perhaps that makes it easier to get it built in time for next season but it will never look as good as a properly constructed permanent building.
Quite a common construction method nowadays, particularly for steel frame buildings. Those I have been involved with are far from temporary with a projected life of sixty years. Traditional footings for commercial buildings are quite rare now.

rsp4":1q31fi2l said:
samjones":1q31fi2l said:
All I want is a proper stadium with proper corners and decent capacity. I'm sure it would not have been much more expensive to do the thing properly from the outset rather than save a fiver and peacemill some abomination together which is compromised.
This is how stands were first built a century ago and shows how in the past our thinking is.
When the horse shoe phase 1 was done wasn't the idea that phase 2 would simply bolt on and join it up ?
10 years down the line we are bodging together some half hearted effort and dressing it up as saving the ancient facade that basically needs scrapping.
Even city with their ground and finance restrictions are making a better fist of it than us.

I bet the higher home park development won't get short changed and everything will be state of the art, brand new
Jesus mate.

Are you ever happy. Your #nailedonrelegation last season will haunt you for years and now the refurbed stand gets your back up.

Look we have 6 million not 20 million so we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Get your head out your arse about the club doing things on the cheap. Off site built buildings are fine with todays technologies. Even the new stand at anfield has modular buildings within.

The club are doing it properly first time with the money they have available. Now if you want to throw some of your millions at the boatd to help then I bow to you and you can criticise like you do all the time.

When we lose you are so far down on here its unbelievable.

Tbh with the way you are you should find another hobby bevause supporting a 3rd teir team is doing you no good.

I dont know how old you are but there are 2 things in life that always happen to everyone. You are born and you die. The bit in the middle is up to you so make the most of it.

Start enjoying life and the club you say you support ffs or move on to pastures new.
Here, here.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Lots of activity this afternoon up at HP with a rather large dark green modular office/portakabin-type unit being craned in and onto the old disabled stand area.