New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Wait until you seen the new portakabins for changing rooms.
No expense spared opps sorry meant incurred.
Good olde Argo

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Been up there today nearly bought the home shirt came to my senses just in time bought a training top instead, had a good look around to see what what progress has been made disappointed to say very little, now if someone at the club had the spence and carried a feasibility studie they would have come to the conclusion a modular stand would have been more cost effective than the dogs leg we are going to end up with.

Edited just in case someone took offence to word used in previous post.

Aug 5, 2015
So was it actually intended that the work on the grandstand would be completed by now? No I didn’t think so

Mar 21, 2013
samjones":3qdiakuo said:
Good olde Argo

What an odd way to live a life.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Princerock":3q7zikze said:
Argylegames":3q7zikze said:
tonsk":3q7zikze said:
I think it's more a case of pre-fabricated off site rather than temporary.
Yes Tonsk

My point is that it is not being built on proper foundations in brick and thermal-block as a permanent structure. Any pre-fab building is temporary - even if these days temporary can be 20 years.

I was hoping/expecting that the new building would be built onto the back of the facade, thus strengthening it and retaining it at the same time.

The large (breeze-block?) pillars built onto the back of the facade will stop it falling backwards, and hopefully they are tied to the facade to stop it going forwards, but making it part of a permanent building would have been a better option IMHO.

Pre-fabs built after WW11 lasted sometimes 50 years....and those that lived in them were heart-broken at times that they had to move out.

Pogle is a Chard Road prefab sprout :scarf:

As for 'temporary structures' and modern buildings. The footings and foundations are only important if the ground is likely to go anywhere, swell or shrink over the life of the building and on the predicted footfall and usage of the building. In stable conditions a prefab building could outlast most of us, quite easily.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I don't recall Home Park being situated on a major fault line! Not exactly the earthquake centre of the World is it.

Footings and foundations don't need to be "mega" for single/two storey buildings but for the grandstand...totally different matter.

May 16, 2016
Kentishgreen":p0eppzqe said:
So was it actually intended that the work on the grandstand would be completed by now? No I didn’t think so

I've seen comments elsewhere that suggests people thought it would all be done or heavily in progress by September. Complaints about lack of progress by those who didn't want to see, or try to stop, any progress !

May 8, 2011
samjones":16q6gcpt said:
Good olde Argo

As Derek Adams is heavily involved in the design and fittings for the changing rooms and medical rooms in the new building I know that no expense will be spared on the home ones at least!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Pogleswoody":230ykt20 said:
samjones":230ykt20 said:
Good olde Argo

I daresay that the lockers will be nailed on?? shoddy!! :whistle:

Lol. We are all screwed !

Every time any info comes out on the big new grandstand development it makes me want to cry.
Sadly it's a real shoddy cheap refurb and nothing like what was being promised. Talk about a cordial effort
#DILUTEDFIASCO

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
samjones":3ck26brh said:
Pogleswoody":3ck26brh said:
samjones":3ck26brh said:
Good olde Argo

Every time any info comes out on the big new grandstand development it makes me want to cry.
Sadly it's a real shoddy cheap refurb and nothing like what was being promised. Talk about a cordial effort
#DILUTEDFIASCO

Exeter fan alert. :facepalm:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
PL2 3DQ":2es2zlpr said:
samjones":2es2zlpr said:
Pogleswoody":2es2zlpr said:
samjones":2es2zlpr said:
Good olde Argo

#DILUTEDFIASCO

Sorry to disappoint you but just a true green with ambition for the club to progress not put sticky plasters on gaping wounds.
This whole project has gone downhill at every stage/opportunity.
Always said it would end up being a tin of paint

Aug 5, 2015
Strange that as I thought a refurb was exactly what was promised and financed. Here we have one of the biggest changes at Home Park in living memory and apparently it’s just going to be a tin of paint. I suggest you look at the photos on GOS and the webcams mate. Must be a bloody great big tin of paint!

Jan 4, 2006
St Austell
samjones":mc65gn7i said:
PL2 3DQ":mc65gn7i said:
Pogleswoody":mc65gn7i said:
Good olde Argo

#DILUTEDFIASCO

Sorry to disappoint you but just a true green with ambition for the club to progress not put sticky plasters on gaping wounds.
This whole project has gone downhill at every stage/opportunity.
Always said it would end up being a tin of paint

Perhaps you could lob in 5 million of your own to bring it up to a standard acceptable to your totally unrealistic ambition.