New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
the problem with the sam jones type in the world is they are never happy.they love to spend other peoples money.if he and his sort were allowed to spend someone elses millions it still wouldn't be right.remember this about sam jones,he spent most of last season with #relegationisnailedon as his signing off line. :facepalm:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
samjones":1nly1os1 said:
Sorry to disappoint you but just a true green with ambition for the club to progress not put sticky plasters on gaping wounds.
This whole project has gone downhill at every stage/opportunity.
Always said it would end up being a tin of paint

You’re a cretin :thumbup:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Biggs":3rl5zd85 said:
samjones":3rl5zd85 said:
Sorry to disappoint you but just a true green with ambition for the club to progress not put sticky plasters on gaping wounds.

And you are an apathetic unambitious Removed by Site Admin if you want to play name calling.
We got sold a pup and it's a sham IMHO

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
samjones":1uni50rc said:
PL2 3DQ":1uni50rc said:
Pogleswoody":1uni50rc said:
Wait until you seen the new portakabins for changing rooms.
No expense spared opps sorry meant incurred.
Good olde Argo

I daresay that the lockers will be nailed on?? shoddy!! :whistle:

Lol. We are all screwed !

Every time any info comes out on the big new grandstand development it makes me want to cry.
Sadly it's a real shoddy cheap refurb and nothing like what was being promised. Talk about a cordial effort
#DILUTEDFIASCO

Exeter fan alert. :facepalm:

Fair play to you because the Exeter fans who previously visited Pasoti to troll and take the pee out of our manager, team, fans and everything Argyle soon get bored and leave but not you - you've carried on for years. :thumbs:

Aug 5, 2005
samjones":1gb5zexf said:
Biggs":1gb5zexf said:
samjones":1gb5zexf said:

And you are an apathetic unambitious {Insult removed by Site Admin} if you want to play name calling.

Sam, did you complain about this when the plans were first published or are you just becoming aware of them now?

How familiar are you with modular building and are you aware of how widespread it is nowadays in all industries?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
samjones":59ye2aqy said:
Biggs":59ye2aqy said:
samjones":59ye2aqy said:

And you are an apathetic unambitious {Insult removed by Site Admin} if you want to play name calling.

What does ambition mean to you Sam? If it means spending money that we don’t have, that isn’t ambition, because there’s only one road that leads down and we know it well. If it means investing in our infrastructure with money we do have, to build sustainably, then you will be disappointed. As will this those that ask for more money on players. Because that level of ambition equals the £6million we are spending, and even that is a grace and favour loan. If you are constantly diappointed by Argyle, what bother? What joy do you get from this? I’m looking forward to taking my place on the grandstand with a reasonable expectations of what it will be.

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
Before we criticise factory built modular buildings, remember airplanes are factory built in lightweight materials and we still trust them to fly us to all corners of the globe

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
All I want is a proper stadium with proper corners and decent capacity. I'm sure it would not have been much more expensive to do the thing properly from the outset rather than save a fiver and peacemill some abomination together which is compromised.
This is how stands were first built a century ago and shows how in the past our thinking is.
When the horse shoe phase 1 was done wasn't the idea that phase 2 would simply bolt on and join it up ?
10 years down the line we are bodging together some half hearted effort and dressing it up as saving the ancient facade that basically needs scrapping.
Even city with their ground and finance restrictions are making a better fist of it than us.

I bet the higher home park development won't get short changed and everything will be state of the art, brand new

May 8, 2011
samjones":gmmdk2tf said:
All I want is a proper stadium with proper corners and decent capacity. I'm sure it would not have been much more expensive to do the thing properly from the outset rather than save a fiver and peacemill some abomination together which is compromised.
This is how stands were first built a century ago and shows how in the past our thinking is.
When the horse shoe phase 1 was done wasn't the idea that phase 2 would simply bolt on and join it up ?
10 years down the line we are bodging together some half hearted effort and dressing it up as saving the ancient facade that basically needs scrapping.
Even city with their ground and finance restrictions are making a better cost of it than us.

I bet the higher home park development won't get short changed and everything will be state of the art, brand new

Exeter City FC aren’t paying for their new grandstand their landlord the City Council is.

Mar 8, 2016
samjones":p6j4t9y5 said:
Even city with their ground and finance restrictions are making a better cost of it than us.

We are where we are Sam, It’s taken how many years for the grandstand to be redeveloped? No board prior has managed to make progress on turning the grandstand into something more user friendly, let’s just wait and see what it looks like when it’s finished before we critisie to much. Although I have to admit it’s hard to disagree with the last 3 lines of your post.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Kentishgreen":zpl8nedv said:
And this is why Plymouth is just getting by instead of thriving
Exactly scrapping by with small town thinking and philosophy.
Whereas Exeter is thriving and attracting major companies and investment. House building is at an all time high and unemployment negligible.
Look at the chiefs progress versus their football counterparts.
Have we learnt nothing from asking them how they have achieved all their success on and off the field at little old Exeter???
Chiefs proves what can be achieved with ambition and decent management

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Do you EVER have anything positive to say?!