New roles for Hughes and Dickinson | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New roles for Hughes and Dickinson

Sep 2, 2008
Playing career in the lower divisions. Just finished his playing career, had no coaching experience and still studying for his A Licence, supported by an similarly inexperienced assistant manager - I give you Ryan Lowe. Two promotions in his first two full seasons.
Bought and paid for with a lot of someone elseā€™s money. We are not going to get the same level or type of investment.

Also, we all know what happened after that.

Graham Clark

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Bought and paid for with a lot of someone elseā€™s money. We are not going to get the same level or type of investment.

Also, we all know what happened after that.
Ryan Lowe was appointed manager in May 2018. In December 2018 Steve Dale bought the club for Ā£1 from Stewart Day who had presided owned the club during their previous 3-year tenure in League One. In the season 2018-2019, in which Bury gained promotion to League One under Lowe the players were not paid for two months and had other wage payment delayed on other months.

Bury's promotion was 'not bought and paid for' by someone else as wages were not paid and the level of investment in their promotion season was limited to paying off one winding up order demand. That an inexperienced and not fully qualified management team achieved promotion in those circumstances, whilst playing an admired 'brand' of football, was nothing short of remarkable.

Mark Smith

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
These appointments make perfect sense from every angle IMO. However, I really hope there won't be a knee-jerk reaction from the fanbase if next season is not quite as successful as 21/22. This league seems to become more competitive with each passing year.

One thing is certain, Neil Dewsnip's responsibility as guide and advisor has increased significantly. Potential needs guidance.

And finally, on that subject, and without considering a direct role, I hope the club is taking seriously Neil Warnock's offer to help out with his knowledge of the English football landscape. He is not everyone's cup of tea, but hints and tips from him feeding into the management team (on a pull not push basis) won't be a net negative. I also hope we'll see him more in the stand on matchdays.

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Agreed. Cooper is a quality player who just doesn't fit our system at all. I think he'll do really well in another team who play to his strengths.

George Cooper might get his chance to shine at RM if the right bid comes in for Camara ..

JannerinCardiff

ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think you may be right about that, such a shame for both sides about his injuries. He had a lot to offer.

Has, not had.. In my opinion.

Reactions: saxman

JannerinCardiff

ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I hope notā€¦he is cack.

Thereā€™s no need for that kind of comment for one of our players imo.

Cooper was excellent a couple seasons ago when he has the second most assists in the division I think and got himself the nickname ā€˜Assist Kingā€™ - you donā€™t get that sort of name if you arenā€™t any good.

Heā€™s had injuries since so hasnā€™t had a proper run in the team.

Reactions: saxman
Sep 3, 2011
Some would say it keeps costs down, buy cheap buy twice etc. Let's just see what happens this season. No doubt the club will be criticised if it goes wrong and receive no praise from the critics if it goes well.

Sep 2, 2008
Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not breaking any confidentiality clause when I say that all my knowledge, time, insight, guidance and predictions are provided gratis.

PASOTI has given on many occasions to many good causes and this is just a very small way in which I can give something back. Itā€™s not much but itā€™s all I have and I give it willingly and without expectationšŸ˜‡šŸ™

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Yes and No.

There are a couple of adages that over my very many years on the planet have proven to be true, those being; 'You pay for quality' and 'You pay peanuts, you get monkeys'.

I guess time will tell on Hughes.

The fact that a very inexperienced Manager is saying that he feels Hughes is ready is also a concern to me.
Bob Paisley was a very inexperienced manager when he took over from Shankly. But his judgement on assistants didn't turn out too badly?

Reactions: IJN