New roles for Hughes and Dickinson | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New roles for Hughes and Dickinson

Aug 22, 2020
I do worry that we haven’t got any household names other then dewsnip to bring players down here, I’m slightly disappointed with the appointment of Hughes as assistant manager. I think we need a proper defence coach and now that’s gone

Apr 1, 2009
I do worry that we haven’t got any household names other then dewsnip to bring players down here, I’m slightly disappointed with the appointment of Hughes as assistant manager. I think we need a proper defence coach and now that’s gone
Why's it gone? Why can't he be defensive coach and assistant manager?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Oh this looks very much like a tight budget .. Oh well, we have some new seats and a TV
Not forgetting the cost of more stewards or police to counter those so passionate fans of course Nikkk. The TV isn't an expense though is it?,it's a money maker. The seats clearly needed replacing after 20 or more years or should we just let the stadium fall into disrepair with no further maintenance?

Jan 28, 2010
Plymouth
Congratulations also to both Sam Morcom and Harry Powell for their promotions to Lead Performance Analyst and Performance Analyst respectively. Both Marjon graduates and staunch Argyle supporters. They have been in and around the club for the last 3 seasons working as Analysts, with Sam as Jimmys Assistant with the 1st team last season and Harry with the Academy. Good luck to the pair of them.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021
Maybe argyle thought Hughes was a gamble so end of last season was a trial, bring him in and see what he can add to the team. Then from what they witnessed offered him the position when it came to fruit that our assistant was moving on.

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
Schuey has stated that it was his long term plan for Mark Hughes to be his assistant. That plan has just been accelerated. With Nance and Daniel Behcet (who interestingly won the manager's Award at the End of Season Awards) we have a cohesive management coaching team. Together with the in-house promotions on the data analytics side it is indicative of a confident and talented young management team which the players clearly respect an enjoy working with. Such unity is normally the springboard for a great team spirit throughout the club which is the often the basis for a successful season.

Nov 18, 2011
Maybe argyle thought Hughes was a gamble so end of last season was a trial, bring him in and see what he can add to the team. Then from what they witnessed offered him the position when it came to fruit that our assistant was moving on.
Maybe it was allowing Mark Hughes some time to move down and see if he would fancy living in the area long term and moving his family down.

It's a huge step and one that many people such as Keith Downing weren't willing to commit to. We need a settled management team and not one that is homesick or spending half it's time travelling between Plymouth and another part of the county.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Oh this looks very much like a tight budget .. Oh well, we have some new seats and a TV
Maybe we could save money from not committing health and safety breaches like climbing the stadium steel beams or pitch invasion fines. Or even smoke grenade charges? Weren’t you all for these as a show of passion?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

I think our reputation as a very well run club, our fabulous support from the Green Army, the chance of plenty of game time we give to younger players and a known brand of the aim of entertaining passing football also helps to entice potential players to the club personally.

Reactions: saxman

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Sep 2, 2008
That's potentially a good thing isn't it?
Yes and No.

There are a couple of adages that over my very many years on the planet have proven to be true, those being; 'You pay for quality' and 'You pay peanuts, you get monkeys'.

I guess time will tell on Hughes.

The fact that a very inexperienced Manager is saying that he feels Hughes is ready is also a concern to me.