New Nike England shirt | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Nike England shirt

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I really donā€™t understand why people get so angry about these things. Say it is about the LGBTQ community then if it makes a few more people feel included in football then that is only a good thing. Also if anyone wants to use ā€œwokeā€ as an insult then they really need to look up the definition.

If itā€™s not about LGBTQ like theyā€™ve said and itā€™s just a funky design then donā€™t buy it if you donā€™t like. Most people getting annoyed by it probably werenā€™t anyway.

Maybe the world needs to take up yoga and generally take a deep breath about all things.
Whether itā€™s to do with LGBTQ or just a funky design is not really the issue here, the problem is that the England flag is being changed. People from all over the world are proud of their flags, yet weā€™re made to feel that we should be ashamed of ours. Pop a rainbow flag somewhere on the shirt if you like, maybe have a nice funky design, but leave the flag as it is.

We're the current European champions in the women's game, presumably it's in reference to that.
It's not got a thing to do with anything besides 1966, but if it were the result of the women's team actually winning something then, for me, it's more power to them.
I mean, at least the women provide the success in the world of football - perhaps the men should ask them!

Sep 13, 2003
It's not got a thing to do with anything besides 1966, but if it were the result of the women's team actually winning something then, for me, it's more power to them.
I mean, at least the women provide the success in the world of football - perhaps the men should ask them!
Brussels was refering to my photo of the coffee mug taken in the England store.

AdelaideGreen

šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ
Jan 11, 2017
Big deal about not a lot.

Don't know why they did it but 'ho hum'.

Reactions: J Y Kelly

unhinched

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
Whether itā€™s to do with LGBTQ or just a funky design is not really the issue here, the problem is that the England flag is being changed. People from all over the world are proud of their flags, yet weā€™re made to feel that we should be ashamed of ours. Pop a rainbow flag somewhere on the shirt if you like, maybe have a nice funky design, but leave the flag as it is.
Being proud of your flag is the antithesis of globalism.
It's not Nike's first controversial act.
I'd go further and say I'd hate a rainbow flag on an England shirt - not because I hate people who choose to identify in various ways - but because it also would be a very divisive. Many people would feel they are being forced to go along with ideologies that they might not buy in to, in whole or part.
In fact I'd hate ANY other flag on the England shirt because it's all inevitably so divisive. Can you imagine a Palestine or Israel flag on the shirt to ' show solidarity with ..'
The St George's flag unites ( as does the tricolour or tricolore of Italy and France) although there have been various attempts to stop even that by certain political types suggesting that putting one up in your window or on your white van is somehow an act of veiled racism.
Time to wise up to those who constantly seek to divide us. ' Romanesque Divide and Conquer ?'
Football is effortlessly one of the most unifying things on the planet - ( unless it's Derby Day !) Leave it to football to be about football Nike / English FA.

Reactions: GreenThing

smudja

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
It's not even an England flag on the collar, it's just a colourful cross.. not a rectangular shape with a white background and red cross.

J Y Kelly

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Aug 14, 2006
Being proud of your flag is the antithesis of globalism.
It's not Nike's first controversial act.
I'd go further and say I'd hate a rainbow flag on an England shirt - not because I hate people who choose to identify in various ways - but because it also would be a very divisive. Many people would feel they are being forced to go along with ideologies that they might not buy in to, in whole or part.
In fact I'd hate ANY other flag on the England shirt because it's all inevitably so divisive. Can you imagine a Palestine or Israel flag on the shirt to ' show solidarity with ..'
The St George's flag unites ( as does the tricolour or tricolore of Italy and France) although there have been various attempts to stop even that by certain political types suggesting that putting one up in your window or on your white van is somehow an act of veiled racism.
Time to wise up to those who constantly seek to divide us. ' Romanesque Divide and Conquer ?'
Football is effortlessly one of the most unifying things on the planet - ( unless it's Derby Day !) Leave it to football to be about football Nike / English FA.
The St. George's flag unites... everyone else to support the team that England are playing šŸ™‚

smudja

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
3 lions is what has always been on England cricket and football shirts, the symbols of unity

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
For me, the England (football) flag is The Three Lions. The FA is a private entity, has it's own branding and is NOT a State organisation.

We now have the Prime Minister saying that national flags should not be tampered with. So where was Rishi or his predecessor in 2012 when the eyes of the World were upon London and our athletes were wearing these.....

View attachment 14546
The Union flag is unique and recognisable on these kits. The St Georgeā€™s Cross isnā€™t in the new one, thatā€™s the issue.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
Nike quote? You've completely lost me, England are the current women's European champions. Or is that woke as well?
The Nike quote he is referring to is about them saying theyā€™ve done a playful update to
unite - it clearly hasnā€™t done that. No one, literally no one would have said a thing if it was just the St Georgeā€™s Cross on the collar.

The mug with European champions on is clearly related to the Women team which means poor old Clarke B has to go on a diversity course to remember England is not just the menā€™s team, itā€™s the womenā€™s as well. šŸ˜‚

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Itā€™s just a really tedious debate. It shows the priority of politicians though. They could have easily kicked up a stink at the prices Nike are charging and had an easy PR win. Instead they have decided to feed into a non-existent culture war to whip up already angry people in a move that benefits no one.