New Nike England shirt | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Nike England shirt

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I see that the new shirt, complete with a "woke" St Georges Cross on the collar, is priced at £124.99 for adults but only £119.99 for kids.

I hope at least that the people making them in third world sweat shops are being paid a bit more now.

There's a lot of things you could use to describe all that's wrong with the money-driven football at the top level in this country and this is another.

Reactions: L G
I must say, I do despise how everything and anything that pertains to societal progress is castigated so swiftly by certain bods of the media and dismissed with their favourite word - Woke.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of this Windows Paint-looking thing on the collar, but I do firmly believe that it's designed to complement the other flashes of colour on the home kit and the general body of colour on the away kit.

As far as the intention to promote inclusivity goes, irrespective of whatever else is done, fiddling with the cross is not the way to go.

Just imagine a British company doing the same to the American flag, you'd have all the duck-bothering types there shooting teabags.

Reactions: Quinny

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I see that the new shirt, complete with a "woke" St Georges Cross on the collar, is priced at £124.99 for adults but only £119.99 for kids.

I hope at least that the people making them in third world sweat shops are being paid a bit more now.

There's a lot of things you could use to describe all that's wrong with the money-driven football at the top level in this country and this is another.

The one what costs over £100 is the same material etc what the players shirt will have but there is a cheaper version but I know it’s still not the point.

Regarding the Cross I wouldn’t call it woke, but it looks horrible and Nike and The FA should’ve left it alone.

The away shirt is horrible in my opinion

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I bet Nike haven’t got the balls to fill the star spangled banner with purple. Can you imagine the uproar?

Reactions: GreenThing

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I genuinely don’t understand why they’ve changed the flag, what exactly are they trying to achieve? It doesn’t signify anything so just seems like someone at Nike doesn’t like the St George’s Cross.

Reactions: ChepstowGreen

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That is a ludicrous sum of money for a football shirt. Inexcusable.

As you say hopefully the people who are actually making it are being paid properly for their time.

This is the worst part of it. I remember when there was a big scandal over price fixing to keep shirts over £40, how the hell is it now the norm for them to be 2-3 times that??

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
It's scandalous. £120 for the dry fit version and £85 for the cheaper version. That's a fudging disgrace.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Firstly the prices is disgusting, however people will be stupid enough to buy it.

As for the kit. I like it, nice retro feel to it.

However changing the english flag on the back it unacceptable. You do not and should not change a nations national identity or flag. The government should make a stand and say no. Imagine nike chaning the stars and stripes.......

I for one will not be buying it even if i could afford too.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I've got no problem with it whatsoever. It doesn't impact me.

Hundreds of football fans up and down the country vandalise the flag with writing, logos and changing the colours to create their own flags that they take to games and no-one ever seems to have a problem with that.