New Nike England shirt | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Nike England shirt

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
If that is the case, why didn’t they just do what they’ve done on the away shirt and have the colours on the side of the shirt?

Always? I've just had a look and the first time the St George's Flag appeared on any England shirt (home or away) was 1998.

May 11, 2019
I see that the new shirt, complete with a "woke" St Georges Cross on the collar, is priced at £124.99 for adults but only £119.99 for kids.

I hope at least that the people making them in third world sweat shops are being paid a bit more now.

There's a lot of things you could use to describe all that's wrong with the money-driven football at the top level in this country and this is another.
I really disliked the shirt and the price and then I realised that so many people were using it as a political football to be outraged about, I think I might be warming to it.

TaviGreen1990

✅ Evergreen
Nov 3, 2022
I really don’t understand why people get so angry about these things. Say it is about the LGBTQ community then if it makes a few more people feel included in football then that is only a good thing. Also if anyone wants to use “woke” as an insult then they really need to look up the definition.

If it’s not about LGBTQ like they’ve said and it’s just a funky design then don’t buy it if you don’t like. Most people getting annoyed by it probably weren’t anyway.

Maybe the world needs to take up yoga and generally take a deep breath about all things.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The flag has been changed to represent the colours of the training kit England had for the 1966 World Cup(according to Nike).

I always thought that the tracksuits were plain royal blue, but then again we only had a black and white tv.

Those of us around for the 66 World Cup will recall that the flags being waved as England won the trophy was the Union Jack. Not many flags of St George existed back then.

A massive amount of publicity for Nike so sure they'll be delighted. The price is outrageous in my view at a time when so many people are struggling financially.

How long will England wear this before an update occurs? 2 years at most I think.

Reactions: ChurPev

unhinched

🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
Nike Football wrote: “A playful update to the [cross] of St. George appears on the collar to UNITE .... " !!
A spectacular failure based on the comments so far ... with certain posters predictably displaying the standard views of their 'camps'.
IMO the biggest issue is probably the price , but the ideological wetness is a bit nauseating too.

unhinched

🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
We're the current European champions in the women's game, presumably it's in reference to that.
You could be wrong , you could be right - (as John Lydon said in 'Rise')
But if the Nike quote didn't come straight out of the David Brent school of BS , we might have a clue.