New Nike England shirt | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Nike England shirt

May 22, 2006
I genuinely don’t understand why they’ve changed the flag, what exactly are they trying to achieve? It doesn’t signify anything so just seems like someone at Nike doesn’t like the St George’s Cross.
The flag has been changed to represent the colours of the training kit England had for the 1966 World Cup(according to Nike).

I always thought that the tracksuits were plain royal blue, but then again we only had a black and white tv.

Reactions: aNorthernSoul
Apr 12, 2016
What I find most annoying about this very expensive shirt is that it will be bought in vast numbers by mug punters happy to pay rip-off prices. Happens all the time

Reactions: Argy1e
Sep 13, 2003
What I find most annoying about this very expensive shirt is that it will be bought in vast numbers by mug punters happy to pay rip-off prices. Happens all the time
Least England kits are durable...I've still got shirts from 15 years ago which are still in good nick. Unlike my £50 Argyle home top this year - the puma logo started peeling off after two months......

Reactions: Since I Was 33

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I've got no problem with it whatsoever. It doesn't impact me.

Hundreds of football fans up and down the country vandalise the flag with writing, logos and changing the colours to create their own flags that they take to games and no-one ever seems to have a problem with that.

Pretty much this: there are plenty of Argyle daubed St George Cross flags, or all-green Union Jacks.

I'd wager that if ... if, mind ... the cross on the new shirt was a different design and didn't look a little bit, you know, LGBT, then there wouldn't be half the pearl-clutching as there is at the moment.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pretty much this: there are plenty of Argyle daubed St George Cross flags, or all-green Union Jacks.

I'd wager that if ... if, mind ... the cross on the new shirt was a different design and didn't look a little bit, you know, LGBT, then there wouldn't be half the pearl-clutching as there is at the moment.

I certainly did see anything to do with LGBT, I just saw a daft cross which represents nothing.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Dec 3, 2005
Not one penny of my money will go anywhere near the FA. Absolutely ridiculous price, what normal person would even contemplate buying one. Can you imagine being the father/mother of young children wanting these shirts.
The St George's flag is NOT for changing.
I doubt very much that the children in the sweat shops of the far east have had a pay rise.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
For me, the England (football) flag is The Three Lions. The FA is a private entity, has it's own branding and is NOT a State organisation.

We now have the Prime Minister saying that national flags should not be tampered with. So where was Rishi or his predecessor in 2012 when the eyes of the World were upon London and our athletes were wearing these.....

2012 Olympic Kit.jpeg

Reactions: smudja

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

I didn’t see it look like anything to do with LGBT

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Quite like the new kits to be fair. The away kit especially.

Think the newer version of St George’s cross looks quite nice.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The flag has been changed to represent the colours of the training kit England had for the 1966 World Cup(according to Nike).

I always thought that the tracksuits were plain royal blue, but then again we only had a black and white tv.

If that is the case, why didn’t they just do what they’ve done on the away shirt and have the colours on the side of the shirt?