mr Brent does not appear to be listening . | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

mr Brent does not appear to be listening .

Nov 20, 2011
cloud cuckoo
took on board comments re the title and think the points made were fair so have edited .
i still believe what i have written it is my opinion, just as others have a differing view are entitled to theirs but one thing i am sure of is that i care deeply about plymouth argyle just like those with other views do , and plymouth argyle do need supporters like me as well as those of a differing viewpoint , we ALL have a place as we ALL have the same ultimate aim ....what is best for plymouth argyle and no single person me,you,carl fletcher or james brent is bigger than the club.

Oct 24, 2010
X Isle":2o79aij5 said:
esmer":2o79aij5 said:
Considering our results the attendance has stood up remarkably well which is perhaps an indication that a majority on Pasoti is by no means a majority of the paying fans. Perhaps many are like me and see Fletcher and the attractive, passing football we try to play as breath of fresh air after years of hoofball, whatever they obviously like what they see and keep coming back.

A breath of fresh air? - we're still losing every week, we're still in a relegation scrap. That's not fresh air, that stinks just as much as before. The air is no fresher, if it comes from a more attractive backside.

Gates have been stoically solid all things considered, I agree. But I don't think redundancies would've been on the cards if they were hitting JB's required levels, rightly or wrongly he was expecting more from his 'considerable' budget.

So the happy clappers think this is all a storm in a teacup, a few loose cannon firing out of sequence with the party line? Nah, real fans care enough to complain, real fans care enough to demand better.....and real businessesmen ultimately listen to their customers. The tide is turning, politeness will soon end, crowds will soon stray from orchestrated positivity to spontaneous disapproval and JB will get some face go face feedback.

You guys dismiss voicing displeasure as a minority view all you like. I've seen enough managers depart down the years to know when a manager had cashed in their chips with the green army, and Carl has had longer than any other would've got with those results.

I also know that when they turn the green army turns quickly, so this is no dismissable ripple on a sea of tranquility green tints, it's the tip of a tsunami.
If we were still playing hoofball and getting these results our gates would be probably less than 4,000. I'm not the only one who is encouraged by what we see each week, the problem is with the relative handful of posters on here who can't see beyond the result. I fully accept that if over time Fletcher cannot produce results then we would need to change but that possibility is, as long as Mr Brent keeps his nerve, and I have no doubt he will, a long way into the future.

Jul 29, 2010
Are some nice tippy tappy wins in the conference south what you are looking to 'way in the future'?, because that's the only level Fletch's powderpuff team with it's negative tactics and lack of creativity will start winning regularly.

Seriously I would agree with you *IF* we were creating chances, if there was some consistent end product to our possession football.

I'm not blindly negative, I turn negative only when I can no longer see cause for hope to be invested. There was a point at which I could see some green shoots of optimism, I was supportive and patient. I recall Port Vale at home, a really nice tidy passage of possession first half and we even had the lead. Dad and I drove away from that home defeat feeling annoyed but still with a degree of hope.

Looking back now though I can see what happened WASN'T bad luck and three breakaway goals, I know this because what happened is replicated week in week out now.

When we were in possession Port Vale were running round all over the place trying to get it back, thing is though it happened in our own half or just into theirs, it never hurt them, we never took advantage of it, never punished them (our goal was before the sustained possession period and was a speculative long range effort).

Half time, Micky Adams, a proper manager who can motivate a response in his players and understands tactics gave them a rocket and switched formation. We lost the second half 3-0.

So in hindsight that 20-30 minute spell of possession that raised some hope back then has been proved time and time again to be pointless. The opposition have us at arms length, we never land a blow and then a simple formation change or change in opposition tempo is all it takes for the defences to be breached.

So no Es, the hope you are clinging to, the hope you want JB to cling to is the same vain hope I was clinging to. Problem is it's like clinging to a twig while headed for niagra falls.......POINTLESS.........it's not going to save us from anything.

He must go, our 'good spells' are never going to be enough.

Mar 23, 2008
I agree X isle and I like many others was encouraged by several promising halfs of football. Problem is a pragmatic manager failed to cajole and encourage during half time team talks and sent the team out with a negative game plan for the second half. Said it before and say it again, not interested in ineffective attempt at total football, just want a committed and competant team that get at other teams and are difficult to play against.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
imasadpilgrim":2bnet31o said:
its clear with most of the threads on this site that the majority of supporters would like a change of manager , the polls are quite conclusive too and comments on other sites are backing this also, but Mr Brent who i will forever remain greatfull to for saving the club i love has chosen to ignore the wishes of a large amount of his customers, i am gutted that he has taken this course of non-action as it only goes to show that he disregards for the views of supporters ,the paying public, or his ineptitude at running a football club . i make one final appeal to Mr Brent and that is please please please listen to us , your loyalty to carl fletcher although commendable on one hand is folly for the future of our league status , if you value the supporters and our goodwill then you must act now as doing nothing is unthinkable... :cry:
the council saved argyle really.were you at the first meeting in the lower guildhall?i think it was mrs pengelley who said "we know james brent".

P

pafcstafford

X Isle":3shjzbhq said:
Are some nice tippy tappy wins in the conference south what you are looking to 'way in the future'?, because that's the only level Fletch's powderpuff team with it's negative tactics and lack of creativity will start winning regularly.

Seriously I would agree with you *IF* we were creating chances, if there was some consistent end product to our possession football.

I'm not blindly negative, I turn negative only when I can no longer see cause for hope to be invested. There was a point at which I could see some green shoots of optimism, I was supportive and patient. I recall Port Vale at home, a really nice tidy passage of possession first half and we even had the lead. Dad and I drove away from that home defeat feeling annoyed but still with a degree of hope.

Looking back now though I can see what happened WASN'T bad luck and three breakaway goals, I know this because what happened is replicated week in week out now.

When we were in possession Port Vale were running round all over the place trying to get it back, thing is though it happened in our own half or just into theirs, it never hurt them, we never took advantage of it, never punished them (our goal was before the sustained possession period and was a speculative long range effort).

Half time, Micky Adams, a proper manager who can motivate a response in his players and understands tactics gave them a rocket and switched formation. We lost the second half 3-0.

So in hindsight that 20-30 minute spell of possession that raised some hope back then has been proved time and time again to be pointless. The opposition have us at arms length, we never land a blow and then a simple formation change or change in opposition tempo is all it takes for the defences to be breached.

So no Es, the hope you are clinging to, the hope you want JB to cling to is the same vain hope I was clinging to. Problem is it's like clinging to a twig while headed for niagra falls.......POINTLESS.........it's not going to save us from anything.

He must go, our 'good spells' are never going to be enough.

Agree totally.

winning football is entertaining football.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Womble":35lp61qt said:
For all we know brent may be activly looking for a nee boss roght now; its wrong to assume he is happy or doesnt care.

Hello you went all Officer Crabtree there! Remarkable effort from the denizen of Wimbledon Common.