mr Brent does not appear to be listening . | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

mr Brent does not appear to be listening .

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
crownhillpilgrim":14rxmw3q said:
Tugboat":14rxmw3q said:
Ok I'll rephrase it.

I don't care much at all. The whole footballing scene is beginning to stink now. Expensive, dissapointing, time consuming pile of over hyped poo for 90 minutes a week. Argyle are a poor poor show of an already overrated overpriced bile that calls itself the national sport.

People that are struggling financially trying to bust a gut to watch a corrupt sport that pays people tens and tens of thousands a week to do what? Turn up and run for an hour or so to score a goal?

There's more to life than that poo.

You keep saying that, yet you keep posting... you obviously care, Tuggers.
I used to post 15-20 times a day and enjoy it. Ill never stop reading and posting on here but it's not what it used to be.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Mr Smith":28vkzj2y said:
It's utterly cringe worthy and embarrassing as a fan to read what some people on this site think and post. Espically in teh name of 'supporters'.

The arrogance it must take to assume that as you think CF should go and he hasn't, that must mean that JB is either wrong/stupid/'over a barrel'/etc.

JB's put his money in.
JB's knows what we can/can't afford.
JB's get's daily updates/full explanations about why things are/are not happening.
JB's just brought in an experienced Director to advise on exactly these matters.

But no, some blokes on the internet that have access to none of that information or the money to put where there mouth is are winding each other up into a frenzy, so better do what they want!

Jokers!

Agree. I realise that this run is frustrating, especially after the years of misery, but some of the reactions on here beggar belief. There is no alternative! The club has narrowly avoided going OUT OF BUSINESS and now people are starting on JB. Jesus wept, get a grip guys!

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
dennis the menace":3hmtx0fp said:
What a headline for this thread! With supporters like this who needs enemies?

Spot on bud! It's attitudes like this that pull the club down. Thank God it's only a tiny percentage of the fanbase with attitudes like this!

Apr 15, 2008
London
Tugboat":3r16owna said:
I used to post 15-20 times a day and enjoy it. Ill never stop reading and posting on here but it's not what it used to be.

But we've had 5 terrible seasons in a row...(since you joined) it's always been crap !

Jul 6, 2011
Totally agree with the previous posts on this page.

Seems that the lunatics are trying to run the assylum. :crazy:

G

Greenskin

999mattyg":mw4jm2h0 said:
Mr Smith":mw4jm2h0 said:
It's utterly cringe worthy and embarrassing as a fan to read what some people on this site think and post. Espically in teh name of 'supporters'.

The arrogance it must take to assume that as you think CF should go and he hasn't, that must mean that JB is either wrong/stupid/'over a barrel'/etc.

JB's put his money in.
JB's knows what we can/can't afford.
JB's get's daily updates/full explanations about why things are/are not happening.
JB's just brought in an experienced Director to advise on exactly these matters.

But no, some blokes on the internet that have access to none of that information or the money to put where there mouth is are winding each other up into a frenzy, so better do what they want!

Jokers!

Agree. I realise that this run is frustrating, especially after the years of misery, but some of the reactions on here beggar belief. There is no alternative! The club has narrowly avoided going OUT OF BUSINESS and now people are starting on JB. Jesus wept, get a grip guys!

How would you know that there is no alternative?

Apr 15, 2008
London
Greenskin":32astz8k said:

Trust me, there was no alternative

S

Sporting Lipson

This is a disgraceful thread title IMO.

Paul Roberts summarises well fans, supporters are genuinely loosing interest after years of crap. Another generation of Plymouth's youth wearing United, City and Chelsea shirts. I see the Liverpool ones are scarcer than they used to be though!

J

James_Dennis

Tugboat":3vpmzxno said:
Ok I'll rephrase it.

I don't care much at all. The whole footballing scene is beginning to stink now. Expensive, dissapointing, time consuming pile of over hyped poo for 90 minutes a week. Argyle are a poor poor show of an already overrated overpriced bile that calls itself the national sport.

People that are struggling financially trying to bust a gut to watch a corrupt sport that pays people tens and tens of thousands a week to do what? Turn up and run for an hour or so to score a goal?

There's more to life than that poo.

Know what you mean Tugboat. I liken football to watching a soap opera that you realise went very bad several years ago (Eastenders anyone?) but you keep watching it for old time's sake. I hate the obscene amounts of money involved (at the top of the game, anyway) and the endless bickering and handbags (again, at the top of the game). Taking a step back, £20 to watch a 4th division game is utterly ridiculous - though I accept that that's what it costs to run a football club these days - and I find it very difficult to justify paying it, even less recommend others to come and share the experience.

Oh, and just for clarification, I haven't watched Eastenders in a very long time, or any other soap for that matter!

Feb 21, 2011
Greenblooded1":39o83o8f said:
crownhillpilgrim":39o83o8f said:
The title of the thread should read 'JB does not care what a few dozen people on Pasoti think'

The Pasoti poll resulted in 195 people or 84% wanted him to go, not "a few dozen". I'd suggest that same high percentage would be reflected outside Pasoti too.

Head in sand. :facepalm:
you can suggest what you like but unless you want to post people on every gate and hand out voting slips you'll never know so i suggest you facepalm yourself to sleep.

G

Greenskin

crownhillpilgrim":3bg53mky said:
Greenskin":3bg53mky said:

Trust me, there was no alternative

That isn't the point.The previous poster said that there is no alternative,not that there was no alternative [which i'm not sure about anyway,given Guilfoyles disgraceful handling of the administration].I don't personally know of any alternatives but that isn't to say that they don't exist,which seemed to be the conclusion of the post in question.Put it this way,if Mr Brent proves to be far more interested in the off field interests of the club rather than the football ones [and i'm not saying that he necessarily will],are you going to put up a picture of Heaney rather than provide any criticism of the incumbent regime? Doesn't sound the right way of going about things to me and it wouldn't be a model followed by the supporters of other clubs.Heaney is in the past now and we can't go on for eternity with the "grateful it wasn't this man" stuff-the progress of the club should be the issue.But in any case no matter what i or anyone else thinks,i would surmise that Mr Brent will be rather difficult to shift,certainly until his ambitious plans through the offices of Five Directions are completed.Holds most of the cards really,doesn't he.

Jul 29, 2010
esmer":xolhayqy said:
Considering our results the attendance has stood up remarkably well which is perhaps an indication that a majority on Pasoti is by no means a majority of the paying fans. Perhaps many are like me and see Fletcher and the attractive, passing football we try to play as breath of fresh air after years of hoofball, whatever they obviously like what they see and keep coming back.

A breath of fresh air? - we're still losing every week, we're still in a relegation scrap. That's not fresh air, that stinks just as much as before. The air is no fresher, if it comes from a more attractive backside.

Gates have been stoically solid all things considered, I agree. But I don't think redundancies would've been on the cards if they were hitting JB's required levels, rightly or wrongly he was expecting more from his 'considerable' budget.

So the happy clappers think this is all a storm in a teacup, a few loose cannon firing out of sequence with the party line? Nah, real fans care enough to complain, real fans care enough to demand better.....and real businessesmen ultimately listen to their customers. The tide is turning, politeness will soon end, crowds will soon stray from orchestrated positivity to spontaneous disapproval and JB will get some face go face feedback.

You guys dismiss voicing displeasure as a minority view all you like. I've seen enough managers depart down the years to know when a manager had cashed in their chips with the green army, and Carl has had longer than any other would've got with those results.

I also know that when they turn the green army turns quickly, so this is no dismissable ripple on a sea of tranquility green tints, it's the tip of a tsunami.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
X Isle":amrcobbu said:
esmer":amrcobbu said:
Considering our results the attendance has stood up remarkably well which is perhaps an indication that a majority on Pasoti is by no means a majority of the paying fans. Perhaps many are like me and see Fletcher and the attractive, passing football we try to play as breath of fresh air after years of hoofball, whatever they obviously like what they see and keep coming back.

A breath of fresh air? - we're still losing every week, we're still in a relegation scrap. That's not fresh air, that stinks just as much as before. The air is no fresher, if it comes from a more attractive backside.

Gates have been stoically solid all things considered, I agree. But I don't think redundancies would've been on the cards if they were hitting JB's required levels, rightly or wrongly he was expecting more from his 'considerable' budget.

So the happy clappers think this is all a storm in a teacup, a few loose cannon firing out of sequence with the party line? Nah, real fans care enough to complain, real fans care enough to demand better.....and real businessesmen ultimately listen to their customers. The tide is turning, politeness will soon end, crowds will soon stray from orchestrated positivity to spontaneous disapproval and JB will get some face go face feedback.

You guys dismiss voicing displeasure as a minority view all you like. I've seen enough managers depart down the years to know when a manager had cashed in their chips with the green army, and Carl has had longer than any other would've got with those results.

I also know that when they turn the green army turns quickly, so this is no dismissable ripple on a sea of tranquility green tints, it's the tip of a tsunami.

:nworthy: