mr Brent does not appear to be listening . | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

mr Brent does not appear to be listening .

P

Paul_Roberts

Tugboat":3tp31a5t said:
I've stopped thinking about it now. Switched off.

I've got a sneaky feeling that we might scrape a result this weekend and everything starts over again.

It's all too draining to really give it any intrest now.

Tugboat, you keep saying that, but you obviously think of little else!

I know what you mean, though. I don't think my interest has ever been at such a low ebb. I didn't realise until Tuesday that Argyle actually lost 3-0 at Fleetwood (I thought it was 2-0), and it wasn't until about 9.30pm on Tuesday night that I remembered we were playing at Bradford.

This declining interest in a club I've been obsessed with for 25 years seems (to me anyway) to be in direct correlation with the direction the club is taking. I thought over the summer we would shift from reverse into 3rd gear at least, but all we've done is nudge the stick into neutral and now seem content to drift along while a bunch of old bangers show us the finger as they whizz past.

The lack of football nous at the club is hugely worrying, but more so is the inability of the owner to address it (a whole year spent searching for the right man? It would be funny if it wasn't so concerning). As for the manager, my faith in him started wavering a couple of months ago, but completely disappeared after he highlighted his managerial incompetence in front of a national television audience at Dorchester (which alone was a sackable offence).

The club is stagnating, with key decisions being made by a hotelier with no knowledge of football, and a rookie manager with no clue how to manage. My patience with the former is running out, and it's already in negative equity with the latter.

Jul 9, 2008
Holsworthy
Paul_Roberts":39jjxxz5 said:
Tugboat":39jjxxz5 said:

I've got a sneaky feeling that we might scrape a result this weekend and everything starts over again.

I know what you mean, though. I don't think my interest has ever been at such a low ebb. I didn't realise until Tuesday that Argyle actually lost 3-0 at Fleetwood (I thought it was 2-0), and it wasn't until about 9.30pm on Tuesday night that I remembered we were playing at Bradford.

This declining interest in a club I've been obsessed with for 25 years seems (to me anyway) to be in direct correlation with the direction the club is taking. I thought over the summer we would shift from reverse into 3rd gear at least, but all we've done is nudge the stick into neutral and now seem content to drift along while a bunch of old bangers show us the finger as they whizz past.

The lack of football nous at the club is hugely worrying, but more so is the inability of the owner to address it (a whole year spent searching for the right man? It would be funny if it wasn't so concerning). As for the manager, my faith in him started wavering a couple of months ago, but completely disappeared after he highlighted his managerial incompetence in front of a national television audience at Dorchester (which alone was a sackable offence).

The club is stagnating, with key decisions being made by a hotelier with no knowledge of football, and a rookie manager with no clue how to manage. My patience with the former is running out, and it's already in negative equity with the latter.

I agree :sick:

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
crownhillpilgrim":zbzxixln said:
The title of the thread should read 'JB does not care what a few dozen people on Pasoti think'

The Pasoti poll resulted in 195 people or 84% wanted him to go, not "a few dozen". I'd suggest that same high percentage would be reflected outside Pasoti too.

Head in sand. :facepalm:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
If that percentage is reflected by the fanbase at all then the chanting will be loud and long tomorrow,specially if we are losing.Shades of "You dont know what you're doing" in the Williamson era spring to mind.

M

Mr Smith

It's utterly cringe worthy and embarrassing as a fan to read what some people on this site think and post. Espically in teh name of 'supporters'.

The arrogance it must take to assume that as you think CF should go and he hasn't, that must mean that JB is either wrong/stupid/'over a barrel'/etc.

JB's put his money in.
JB's knows what we can/can't afford.
JB's get's daily updates/full explanations about why things are/are not happening.
JB's just brought in an experienced Director to advise on exactly these matters.

But no, some blokes on the internet that have access to none of that information or the money to put where there mouth is are winding each other up into a frenzy, so better do what they want!

Jokers!

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Mr Smith":2ph16853 said:
It's utterly cringe worthy and embarrassing as a fan to read what some people on this site think and post. Espically in teh name of 'supporters'.

The arrogance it must take to assume that as you think CF should go and he hasn't, that must mean that JB is either wrong/stupid/'over a barrel'/etc.

JB's put his money in.
JB's get's daily updates/full explanations about why things are/are not happening.
JB's just brought in an experienced Director to advise on exactly these matters.

But no, some blokes on the internet that have access to none of that information or the money to put where there mouth is are winding each other up into a frenzy, so better do what they want!

Jokers!

Blind faither!

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Mr Smith":at7k9ael said:

JB's put his money in.
JB's get's daily updates/full explanations about why things are/are not happening.How do you know this?
JB's just brought in an experienced Director to advise on exactly these matters.On a non executive, part time basis. Not exactly finger on the pulse is it?

Jokers!

As a Joker, I am a paying customer of PAFC. If you would like to refund my ST money (I'll take half what I paid, since the season is half over) I will shut up and go away. Until I get a refund of my hard earned money, I will continue to voice my opinion and vent my disgust in any legal way I chose. You are entitled to sit on your hands and watch Nero playing his violin if you like. If the chants start on Saturday, I'll stand up and join in, I hope I go home unable to speak from the amount of shouting I've done.

L

leelowndes27

So are us that aerent shouting and screaming for everyone to be sacked!!

Sep 26, 2009
Plymouth
Actually I feel that Mr Brent has done more to bring supporters onboard than any other owner I can remember, also the man is a successful business man and I am sure that he will not jump into hasty
decision making at a whim, also he will be fully aware of the results & the feeling of the supporters just
like you or I, that is all supporters, not just the ones that frequent Pasoti, we are all disappointed with the
outcome of recent results and nobody gets more miserable than I do when we lose on a saturday, and I
hate losing at anything, we will just have to be patient & hopefully things will swing our way, I am sure we
will once again have our day.

"I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed"
Patton.

Oct 24, 2010
Considering our results the attendance has stood up remarkably well which is perhaps an indication that a majority on Pasoti is by no means a majority of the paying fans. Perhaps many are like me and see Fletcher and the attractive, passing football we try to play as breath of fresh air after years of hoofball, whatever they obviously like what they see and keep coming back.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Why would any Argyle fan who's been following them for the past few years demand a refund of their season ticket based on bad results? It would be like demanding a refund from your box of Milk Tray because some of the chocolates contained toffee or orange creme.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Paul_Roberts":2n6vxfre said:
Tugboat":2n6vxfre said:

Ok I'll rephrase it.

I don't care much at all. The whole footballing scene is beginning to stink now. Expensive, dissapointing, time consuming pile of over hyped poo for 90 minutes a week. Argyle are a poor poor show of an already overrated overpriced bile that calls itself the national sport.

People that are struggling financially trying to bust a gut to watch a corrupt sport that pays people tens and tens of thousands a week to do what? Turn up and run for an hour or so to score a goal?

There's more to life than that poo.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Tugboat":jmykfut0 said:
Ok I'll rephrase it.

I don't care much at all. The whole footballing scene is beginning to stink now. Expensive, dissapointing, time consuming pile of over hyped poo for 90 minutes a week. Argyle are a poor poor show of an already overrated overpriced bile that calls itself the national sport.

People that are struggling financially trying to bust a gut to watch a corrupt sport that pays people tens and tens of thousands a week to do what? Turn up and run for an hour or so to score a goal?

There's more to life than that poo.

You keep saying that, yet you keep posting... you obviously care, Tuggers.