Most entertaining match ever seen at argyle and the least | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Most entertaining match ever seen at argyle and the least

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Best fun and most memorable for me were our 5 v1 win at Fratton Park against Portsmouth in the late 70's when Fred Binney scored the funniest goal you will ever see and David Kemp scored one of the best. Also up there was Sheff Wed win 3 v 1 away in the first Sturrock/Friio era. Torquay 6 v 0 win on Boxing Day made it a good Christmas. As someone said, all wins are entertaining in their own way.

The worst - there are so many. Macclesfield away 3 or 4 nil loss, it was so bad I can't remember the exact score. I lost the will to live by the end. As for home games, Hull in the FA Cup. I think it was 1 v 5. Desperate.

E

exmouthgrecian

City winning 3-0 in the eighties when Alan Ball was manager

Mar 23, 2008
exmouthgrecian":e009yme4 said:
That sticks in my mind but only because a defeat to Exeter is so very rare. How many years did it take you to beat us after that game? Circa 15 years.

E

exmouthgrecian

Deacster":3upnd4x5 said:
exmouthgrecian":3upnd4x5 said:
That sticks in my mind but only because a defeat to Exeter is so very rare. How many years did it take you to beat us after that game? Circa 15 years.

Well it is certainly becoming more commonplace nowadays :thumbup:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
exmouthgrecian":3ej94h1k said:
Deacster":3ej94h1k said:
exmouthgrecian":3ej94h1k said:

Shows how low we've sunk, didn't we finish with more points in League 1 when we had a 10 point deduction than you did last season?
I see you're all wetting your pants with excitment on exeweb "songs for the plymouth game" How very sad :funny:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Steve.PAFC2012":3351odns said:
exmouthgrecian":3351odns said:
Deacster":3351odns said:
exmouthgrecian":3351odns said:

Shows how low we've sunk, didn't we finish with more points in League 1 when we had a 10 point deduction than you did last season?
I see you're all wetting your pants with excitment on exeweb "songs for the plymouth game" How very sad :funny:

He said having visited Exeweb himself :lol:

Mar 23, 2008
exmouthgrecian":1k4ebwh8 said:
Deacster":1k4ebwh8 said:
exmouthgrecian":1k4ebwh8 said:

Thats it, 1 league win in 1992 and the next in 2010 was it? If 2 league wins is more commonplace doesn't say much for what went before!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
bringonthemilkman":3u8ie9g1 said:
Palace in the cup when Jim Furnell saved a venables penalty which was the last kick of the match.

Also memorable for yet more Jim arguing with Devonport Enders, true character.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Ollieargyle9":351tjvf5 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":351tjvf5 said:
exmouthgrecian":351tjvf5 said:
Deacster":351tjvf5 said:
exmouthgrecian":351tjvf5 said:

He said having visited Exeweb himself :lol:

:lol: :facepalm:

E

exmouthgrecian

Deacster":3q19ibh5 said:
exmouthgrecian":3q19ibh5 said:
Deacster":3q19ibh5 said:
exmouthgrecian":3q19ibh5 said:

Thats it, 1 league win in 1992 and the next in 2010 was it? If 2 league wins is more commonplace doesn't say much for what went before!

I was thinking more of having knocked you out of the paper boys trophy and the Johnstones Paint trophy along with our 1-0 league win. Not much I know but it is a start.

Btw rarely venture on Exeweb nowadays too much doom and gloom Im afraid

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
exmouthgrecian":1k242hhk said:
Deacster":1k242hhk said:
Deacster":1k242hhk said:

I was thinking more of having knocked you out of the paper boys trophy and the Johnstones Paint trophy along with our 1-0 league win. Not much I know but it is a start.

Btw rarely venture on Exeweb nowadays too much doom and gloom Im afraid
You should try coming on Pasoti! Wait a minute..... :lol: