Most entertaining match ever seen at argyle and the least | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Most entertaining match ever seen at argyle and the least

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Yeh Swindon 3-2 with Marinooooooo scoring at the end. The Swindon fans were right by us and they were pig sick when that winner went in!! I remember one of their fans offering to meet me outside after the game. Now, I'm in no way a hooligan and have never raised my fists to anyone, so I think when I just laughed it didn't help!! Also watch the build up to the 2nd goal again, great football.

I remember the night we beat Forest at home early into Williamson's reign. That was a great night. Think it was 3-2 to Argyle.

5-1 at Port Vale sticks in the mind too.

And now as I've written all that I realise that the OP was asking for matches at Home Park....so I apologise, but these were good games nonetheless!!

I remember seeing us draw 0-0 at Wycombe back in the Sturrock era. We were doing well at the time, it was just a dire game, but thankfully at that time this was a rarity.

Dec 7, 2006
The 3-3 draw vs Cardiff at HP about 5 years ago was some match - cant see us coming back from 3-0 down these days! I think one of the worst was the 1-0 home loss to Hull (under Williamson?) - the only time I've ever considered going home at half time.

Mar 9, 2011
The 3 - 3 draw against Cardiff was a good one, as already mentioned.

Also remember our abandoned match against Barnsley who were winning 4 - 1 at the time, but due to the heavens well and truly opening up during the second half, the ref decided to abandon the game because of the waterlogged pitch :scarf: Felt sorry for Barnsley, in a way, but then again .... :greensmile:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Sue Pollard":1iy9v0f3 said:
The 3 - 3 draw against Cardiff was a good one, as already mentioned.

Also remember our abandoned match against Barnsley who were winning 4 - 1 at the time, but due to the heavens well and truly opening up during the second half, the ref decided to abandon the game because of the waterlogged pitch :scarf: Felt sorry for Barnsley, in a way, but then again .... :greensmile:

I've never been so happy after watching Argyle lose 4-1 nor have I ever been so happy to see a game called off. The cheer when the referee blew his whistle to end the game early was brilliant as were the moments leading upto the end, Argyle players sliding around to show off the soaked pitch in all it's glory and the green army willing the referee to end things early. :scarf:

Good times, it's a shame we've got an un-sinkable pitch now :lol:

D

DannyPAFC

Has to be that Dramatic semi final against Colchester united in the semi final play-off game at Home Park, winning 3-1 to take take us to Wembley (1996) Paul williams with a header i recall?.

Aug 7, 2010
crownhillpilgrim":3p81lppa said:
Argyle 2 - 1 QPR
Boxing day 2007. Ebanks Blake scores 4 minutes into injury time. Strange to think that 5 years later we'll be struggling against Torquay (again).

Worst.... take your pick from the lat 4 seasons... losing 1-2 to Peterborough at home on the last day of the season 09-10 when we both were relegated. Dire stuff.

Good shout. Awful, awful match

E

Every Saturday

Most entertaining:

4-3 home to Swindon in 1974
7-3 away to Bournemouth (same season)
3-2 home to Port Vale to avoid relegation in 1978
5-1 home to Chester in 1981 - our first victory that season in late October (att 2.6k)
6-4 home to Preston in 1984 - 3 goals in last 5 mins (the Tommy English game)
1-0 away to Derby (FA Cup 1/4 final replay)
1-0 away at Pompey in Dave Smith's day
2-2 home to Barnsley in FA Cup during Shilton's time
3-2 away to Exeter same season
3-2 away to Stockport same season (Steve Castle's hat trick & Alan Nicholls amazing goalkeeping)
3-2 away to Rushden in Luggy's day - could tell something special was happening
3-1 away at Rochdale to get promoted
4-1 away to Darlo to lift the Div 2 Championship in Luggy's first full season
The 3 game run when we beat Tranmere 6-0, Turnips 4-0 & Port Vale 5-1 away (Friio's stunner) in Luggy's Div 1 Championship season

Least entertaining:

Dave Kemp's final season - but to be fair he almost kept us in the Second tier with no money. If he received the financial backing Shilton received I think he would have kept us up that season

The worst:

This season by a country mile

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Argyle 3 Man City 2

Back in the late 80's I think, Argyle were 0 - 2 down at Half time and scored 3 in the 2nd half to win

Taking the smerk off the Mancuianian faces = Priceless

COYG

Jul 25, 2011
twist of lime":22dbubn8 said:
Argyle 3 Man City 2

Back in the late 80's I think, Argyle were 0 - 2 down at Half time and scored 3 in the 2nd half to win

Taking the smerk off the Mancuianian faces = Priceless

COYG
We were, Even bubble mullet Evans scored :clap:
deflated bananas galore in the barn :thumbup:

N

NorfolkGreen

with-menace":1ut4itpl said:
4-3 home to Turquay Littlejohn hat trick was a corker

My Wife's first game and she had Littlejohn as the first scorer with he bookies, I think there was also a penalty and red card

N

NorfolkGreen

Can't believe no one has mentioned the 4-4 at home to Cardiff on New Year or Boxing Day, what a game!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Beating Exeter 2-0 under Reid, never seen us control a game so much that day.

Worst? For me it has to be Dagenham away this season, no plan just constant hoooof to Chadwick whilst bouncing over his head and Blanchard just toe punting it anywhere when the ball came to his feet, anyone who was there will know what I mean!

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
The 3-2 wins over Bristol City (09/10) and Sheffield Wednesday (10/11), and the 3-3 draw with Watford in 05/06 come to mind (some bloke called Ashley Young scored 2 that night).

As for the worst: The 0-3 against Doncaster in '09 comes close, but for me it has to be Argyle 0-1 Notts Forest the year we went down. Everything about that day was utter garbage - the proof that we couldn't get big crowds by even giving tickets away, the world cup bid video, and the truly awful performance on national telly - IMO the worst out of that horrible run of 7 games in a row that we lost, and the worst performance of that season - perhaps apart from when we lost 3-0 at Forest in April.