Most entertaining match ever seen at argyle and the least | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Most entertaining match ever seen at argyle and the least

Nov 12, 2012
Argyle v Blackburn - 4-3 (best - Tynan scoring a hatrick)
Argyle v Hull (Blobby Williamson) Lost 0-1, remember we were so bad, could'nt pass five yards, run two yards, or shoot a turkey with a 12 boar

Apr 15, 2008
London
Argyle 2 - 1 QPR
Boxing day 2007. Ebanks Blake scores 4 minutes into injury time. Strange to think that 5 years later we'll be struggling against Torquay (again).

Worst.... take your pick from the lat 4 seasons... losing 1-2 to Peterborough at home on the last day of the season 09-10 when we both were relegated. Dire stuff.

Nov 12, 2012
Qpr games was good - that's when QPR showed the worst sportsmanship - it was xmas game if memory serves, QPR tried wasting time every chance they got, which was devine justice when they were beaten deep into injury time.

G

Greenskin

There's been a few over the years but one of the best was a 4-3 win over Swindon in the 1974/75 season,Boxing day i think-2-0 down,some classic goals and two teams going all out for the win from start to finish.Least entertaining-a few of them as well but i would say that a match against Coventry a couple of years ago when we lost 1-0 was one of the more dire matches to try and erase from the memory.

Mar 7, 2009
The 3-2 against Bristol City with our current manager scoring the winner is a personal favourite.

I remember being with HBLC in the Mike Bickle suite and that was the one time I had seen him take his beanie off as he threw it into the air.

I seem to remember us having a few good games against cardiff in the championship. Also the 3-0 victory against Exeter when McCarthy was sent off was entertaining. To be honest a home game when we win is generally entertaining.. meaning there have been a lot of dire games in the last few years!

Feb 21, 2011
Argyle 6-3 Leeds Oct 1987, Barn Park terrace packed with 2000 Leeds fans who couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Agree with Greenskin that Coventry game was dire.

12ftpinkmonkey

argyle vs chesterfield 7 - 0 or a close second to that plymouth 3 cardiff 3, we were 3 down. I did find our FA cup exits to eveton and watford at home park entertaining though. :scarf:

worst, i would have to say our recent defeat to dorchester!! And stourbridge :furious: :furious: :banghead:

12ftpinkmonkey

oh yes, argyle 3 exeter 0 at home park promotion year, mcarthy sent off

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
the worst match I saw without doubt was losing 4-3 to Reading at Elm Park during Dave Smith promotion year. Probably the most entertaining was beating Bristol City 4-1 the same season. My first promotion season I saw as a 16 year old still have plenty of happy memories.

Sep 3, 2011
WBA 2 Argyle 5 it was Easter Monday 1993, expectations were low after the 3-0 home loss to Exeter 48 hours earlier

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Both 3-2 games versus Gas and Swindon.

As previously mentioned, the 1-2 home loss against Posh although that 4-0 drubbing at home to the hands of Swindon the following season takes the biscuit for me.