Most entertaining match ever seen at argyle and the least | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Most entertaining match ever seen at argyle and the least

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Away to Norwich about 5 or 6 seasons ago . . . in those dizzy days of championship football against the big boys . . . seems like a lifetime ago . . . when we beat Norwich 1-3, Buzsaky scored two brilliant goals from the same spot a few minutes apart and my 10 year old daughter telling me that the reason she likes football, is that she can swear as loud as she likes and I can't hear her.

May 22, 2006
Least entertaining?

I've been to some pretty bleak games before - at home to Oxford when Argyle were already relegated to the fourth tier. The home defeat to Chester, singing "we're poo and we're sick of it" away at Kidderminster. But all those games at least had incidents.

Stoke v Argyle on valentine's day 2006 was a vacuum. Nothing good, admirable, praiseworthy, positive, noble, notable or skillful happened at the Britannia Stadium on that day. The game ended 0-0 and I honestly don't even remember a shot from either team.

Jul 25, 2011
3-3 WBA in about 1987. Andy gray gave them the lead then we banged in three, near the end they missed a pen but then scored twice on the 90th minute !
Gutted but hell of a game. Took then girlfriend who stared at the Albion fans going mental and said 'why are they jumping about?'
She had to go.
Another stinker was home to Barnsley possibly same season,apparently it was 0-0 not that any of us could tell. Fog so thick you couldn't see the touch line. Eyry science all match...much like today.

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Least entertaining was against QPR 2009-10 season when we lost 0-2 away and we were dire. This is the point when I realised we were on the way to oblivion and by golly we were. . . and we have been crap ever since.

Jul 25, 2011
Steamer":3ncr28kl said:
Least entertaining was against QPR 2009-10 season when we lost 0-2 away and we were dire. This is the point when I realised we were on the way to oblivion and by golly we were. . . and we have been crap ever since.
I was at that game, unfortunately next to someone who's only interest seemed to be to slate dugiud. Paul wotton was sat right behind me and eventually asked 'who's that tw@' felt ashamed all game but not as ashamed as I was over that performance. No shots, nothing. Mackie was the only one playing for the shirt,possibly why they signed him?

Jul 29, 2010
4-4 or 3-3 against Brighton at Home in Luggy's first stint. We clawed it back and then Hodges made a run in the dying seconds from left back to the penalty area before smacking the post.

Worst - any given home performance I've been unfortunate to have witnessed in the last 2-3 years, sickening inevitability.

L

leelowndes27

The worst for me has to be a 2-1 home defeat to Norwich under Williamson (i think). It could have been 22.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
The midweek win at Wednesday (3-0) a few years back, we must have had 3500 there, we were superb for 45 mins, Friio was outstanding, as we left the ground every Owls fan you heard were saying the same thing "They'll go up as Champions"

The worst, thats a much tougher one, personally, there is one i've tried to erase from the memory, but a 1-0 defeat midweek at Underhill, Steve Perkins played centre midfield (the only time i've said i could do better at a league game and meant it), it was wet and we were beyond woeful.

S

Spank Shop

Most entertaining:
4-3 home to Torquay (Littlejohn hatrick)
3-1 home to Colchester in play offs
3-1 away at Shef Weds that Tuesday night

Least entertaining:
Losing 0-5 at Bristol Rovers FA Cup early 90s. Got in the car to hear Rovers draw Liverpool in the next round.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Home to Fulham has to be up there, the Cottagers had late career Bobby Moore, George Best and Rodney Marsh in their ranks, we gave them such a hard time that the late, great Bobby Moore did not appear for the second half. Fulham also playd a young lad called Tyrone James. The Boxing Day match versus Swindon is always up there.

C

Cult Of Personality

Stourbridge away is the worst i have ever seen

I nearly gave up football that night and i never been so glum about a defeat

Best

Rushden away we won 3-2
Swindon the 1st 2 nil f***ed it up
Carlise away when Jimmy glass scored i never cheered a goal against us but had family who are carlise fans and it ment so much to them

My fave all time

England 4 Holland 1 8 years old euro 96 1st trip to wembley amazing

Ok fave plymouth game

Argyle 2-1 QPR

Friio Goal ahhhh brings a smile to my face everytime i think about it

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
Most enjoyed the 3-0 win over Sheffield Utd on a freezing February night and the great day out to Leicester after Holloway jumped ship. Worst in the last few years were the 1-2 home defeat to Blackpool and the 0-1 FA Cup 1st round defeat to Swindon - I think I fell asleep in the Devonport in the 2nd half - dire stuff.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
leelowndes27":2k68pe6o said:
The worst for me has to be a 2-1 home defeat to Norwich under Williamson (i think). It could have been 22.

Dunno whether we're thinking of the same one, but I remember a 2-1 home defeat to Norwich under Sturrock (mk 2), where as well as their 2 goals they hit the woodwork 3 times, had a perfectly good goal disallowed and a blatant penalty turned down... literally could have been 7!