Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 29 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I love Cooper but I still hope we do sell him - £5m spent on the squad (including a new keeper) is more likely to win us promotion than keeping Cooper, however good he is.
Pros and Cons. If we sell how will this impact team bonding/spirit? Also how many more goals against will we need to compensate for in attack ? Would we really invest in the team, I think it more likely we would invest in infrastructure, which if it increases capacity is not a bad thing, but may be targeted at new training facilities, which would add more asset value.

I would like him to stay at least until the January window.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I love Cooper but I still hope we do sell him - £5m spent on the squad (including a new keeper) is more likely to win us promotion than keeping Cooper, however good he is.

That won’t happen, some mo et will probably get put back into the squad but the full amount won’t

Sep 6, 2006
Pros and Cons. If we sell how will this impact team bonding/spirit? Also how many more goals against will we need to compensate for in attack ? Would we really invest in the team, I think it more likely we would invest in infrastructure, which if it increases capacity is not a bad thing, but may be targeted at new training facilities, which would add more asset value.

I would like him to stay at least until the January window.
Don't understand. Are you suggesting we can't sell any players and every time we do team spirit will be damaged?! Strange.

SMG

Oct 22, 2021

No chance we're gonna go and splash £5m on transfers especially with only 3 weeks to go until kick off.

Best thing for Argyle would be agreeing a deal for next summer early, then the management and recruitment guys can have many months to plan with a bigger budget. Although I imagine most of the money would go in the 'new training facility' pot.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
We won't spend £5m on players that's daft talk for a small club

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Jan 6, 2004
We won't spend £5m on players that's daft talk for a small club
We wouldn't spend it on transfer fees necessarily but I see no reason this fee as an unbudgeted windfall should not be spent on increasing the overall playing budget over the next couple of seasons. I think this would be enough to push us into genuine promotion contenders. Of course if we do it next summer instead for even more cash, all well and good, but a season is a long time, lots can happen...

Reactions: Dan Ellard

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Totally agree with you, keep the money and spend accordingly.
Infrastructure is only so good dependant on your league.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Sep 22, 2003
But what if...
Coops stays and we get promoted. Do we still need the money to improve the squad/infrastructure/training facilities? Or do we want a darned good keeper to defend against improved opposition?
A Coop in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I don't know about coop and his Bush but I personally would prefer him between the sticks if we got promoted but the probability is he will attract more teams to him

• Haha
Reactions: saxman

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I don't know about coop and his Bush but I personally would prefer him between the sticks if we got promoted but the probability is he will attract more teams to him
By which time his value will have doubled or tripled to 15m having been proven a class act young keeper in the championship.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If we receive a good offer (4 or 5 million), then it really is a balancing act for the club. Do we benefit more from keeping him and having him between the sticks next season, or would we benefit more from selling him and using even half of that money to fund 4 or 5 good signings either now or in January? As good as Cooper is I think I lean a bit toward the latter. We don't have the money that a number of other L1 clubs now do, and we aren't likely to anytime in the near future, so developing and selling players on is going to have to be a part of our model if we want to climb.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I tend to go with the latter but I don't think half the proceeds would reach the playing/transfer budget. It is a balancing act for sure.

Reactions: Lancastergreen