Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

Apr 1, 2017
Really? I know of a handful of people who probably earn that kind of amount but I don’t have any friends who earn anything remotely of that order. £50k is pretty good going in my sphere of life. What jobs can someone do in Plymouth to earn that kind of money?
How much do you think they earn on construction sites?
Brickies,dryliners and even painters are earning more than 50k!

Sep 2, 2008
So you think the summer transfer window is nearly at an end - maybe you should write into Sky and teal them to knock their last minute 24 hour transfer window show on the head this year its not needed as everyone is nearly done!!

I reckon most teams have barely started their recruitment, there is also a thing called a chain reaction, every scout worthy of the name will have Coopers name on their sheet, it maybe many currently dont need a new No1 or back up keeper, but as we've seen time and time again, one moves and they need replacing.

By the way i hope you are right and we are left to enjoy him for another season, but the cold hard reality is that 23 year olds that excel in League One are sort after by bigger fish sooner rather than later.
Exactly and yet he is still here. You've pretty much just backed up what I've said but you probably can't see that.

Dewsnip has said there has been no interest. If he was going to move this window and he is as special as a lot of people on this forum think he is then surely clubs would have been falling all over themselves to get to him and there certainly would have been some interest.

Someone earlier mentioned 'flawed thinking' and directed it at me. I believe they are correct and that there is some flawed thinking going on but it is most definitely not coming from m direction.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
We are talking about £67k x 15-20 = £1,005,000 - £1,340,000. Most people on a median income will earn that during their working lifetimes and that’s with the ability to accrue pension provision. I can’t see him going bankrupt like David James or Peter Shilton though, too intelligent for that.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Yeah I'm pretty sure none of my friends earn £100k+... unless teachers, postmen and NHS staff have got a serious pay rise.

And it's nice to think someone would be happy earning £2k a week and wouldn't think he needs £20k instead, but I'm not sure that would have happened very often in human history.. let alone football history 😂
Remi Matthews (remember him?) played two games last season, one in the Papa Johns EFL Trophy and one in PL2..... for a nice cool £240,000 for the year.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
I think if he was off it would have happened by now. I am more than happy to keep him. If he repeats his clean sheet tally and sorts out his ability under the high ball/crossing then we will have more than one club in for him next summer.
Same for Pan...I think he's staying and again I'm glad if he does indeed remain a Pilgrim.

Reactions: Paul H

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There’s well over two months of the transfer window left and we’ve only just started pre-season, there are a hell of a lot of moves to come.

Reactions: Penmaster

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
To help clarify the discussion reference GPs salaries:-

The average salary for a GP is currently £98,000 a year according to the latest research.

However, this figure is merely a guide, as GP salaries can vary enormously.

Many less experienced GPs earn just over £60,000 a year, while a handful of the most experienced can earn more than £200,000 by managing several practices and thousands of patients.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
2k was just a random figure I plucked from thin air

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
To help clarify the discussion reference GPs salaries:-

The average salary for a GP is currently £98,000 a year according to the latest research.

However, this figure is merely a guide, as GP salaries can vary enormously.

Many less experienced GPs earn just over £60,000 a year, while a handful of the most experienced can earn more than £200,000 by managing several practices and thousands of patients.
What is a GP?

Derek you must belong to Beacon, are they BAD or what?????

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
What is a GP?

Derek you must belong to Beacon, are they BAD or what?????
Fortunately I`m with Pathfields but Beacon, well BAD doesn`t come close, my friend can wait for up to 5 days whilst a prescription request remains "undetermined". :poop:

Reactions: Poolepilgrim