Martyn Starnes to leave Argyle (joins Bristol Rovers) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Martyn Starnes to leave Argyle (joins Bristol Rovers)

May 8, 2011
Not sure if he would apply but I think Zac Newton would make an excellent Chief Executive, in the last few months I’ve emailed in on a number of times about Central League, U18 and SWPL fixtures and have got replies back almost immediately and on one occasion the information I asked for was put up on the website about an hour after getting his reply.
Just such a change in professionalism and courtesy compared to recent years.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Female CEO on the way in I wonder? Would certainly fit in with James's future business model.

Dec 19, 2009
IJN":1ksrj93w said:
keyser soze":1ksrj93w said:
IJN":1ksrj93w said:
keyser soze":1ksrj93w said:
and the absolute mess that was the temporary seating.

Is that the same seating that the club decided to supply seating on a non profit basis so we could get more fans in?

That'll be the ones. I doubt the view from the directors box was as bad as anyone who had the misfortune to be sat in them, whether they chose to or not! But that's all water under the bridge, everybody in the disabled stand was compensated for the inconvenience and those in the Mayflower weren't. Okay, I've got an axe to grind on this one but I'll keep paying my money and putting up with the sh1te, I support the team not necessarily the current custodians. Anti Brent sympathies detected, ban imminent! LOL.

My view for that match was one of the worst in the ground, but I know there were a few seats with crap views in the old Mayflower.

You grind away mate, as always anything within the laws of this country are fine on this site.

However, my point was, it's a bit harsh to be hammered for something that gave about 3,000 more people a chance of seeing one of out 'biggest games' don't you think?
Last comment, allowing more one off attendees to get to the game in principle is fine, who knows they might come again, but when this is at the expensive and inconvenience of many life long season ticket holding fans, maybe not. My view is obviously skewed as I was directly affected and it p$ssed me off frankly.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I get that I really do.

Still a cheap shot on Martyn though in my opinion.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

HC Green":31euwumv said:
Not sure if he would apply but I think Zac Newton would make an excellent Chief Executive, in the last few months I’ve emailed in on a number of times about Central League, U18 and SWPL fixtures and have got replies back almost immediately and on one occasion the information I asked for was put up on the website about an hour after getting his reply.

What you've described there HC, is a competent secretary, or admin assistant.

CEO of a professional football club is an extremely niche position. Or it should be.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Martyn Starnes is also listed as a director at Argyle and at Football in the Community Trust and one other company so presumably he will be replaced as a director at those three companies?

Jan 30, 2017
HC Green":3p6iju8w said:

...you want our CEO to be appointed based on their ability to respond to entry-level customer enquiries?

Sep 28, 2003
London
Argyle Nutter":2fkumrj8 said:
Female CEO on the way in I wonder? Would certainly fit in with James's future business model.

Who cares, as long as they're the right person for the job? Brent will appoint the best applicant and I doubt very much gender will come in to it.

May 8, 2011
Green90":3un0k4z1 said:
HC Green":3un0k4z1 said:

...you want our CEO to be appointed based on their ability to respond to entry-level customer enquiries?

Yes because the Chief Executive at Argyle is the head of the non football staff so being good at admin and being fan focused is an important quality.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
HC Green":3nqcr0pw said:

Had a very similar experience with Zac reference the charge that was being applied to season ticket holders moving seats next to tickets they were buying for guests. I had a quick, comprehensive and well considered reply, and note today that the charge has been abolished for 18/19.