Martyn Starnes to leave Argyle (joins Bristol Rovers) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Martyn Starnes to leave Argyle (joins Bristol Rovers)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I have to agree with others though. Zac’s excellence in that department certainly doesn’t qualify him for the CEO’s role. Knowing Zac as I do, he’ll be giggling at the suggestion.

Whilst we’re also on the subject of communication, I’ve noticed that Jamie Yabsley our new Marketing Manager is also very reactive when it comes to answering questions on Socisl Media, which can only be a good thing.

Plus I contacted Rick Cowdery this morning about a friend’s Son’s birthday announcement in April and again I was answered within 10 minutes.

I’m not sure many other clubs are improving at the rate we seem to be.

Same old Argyle? You decide!

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Genuinely surprised by this news.

Martyn has been an excellent figurehead for Argyle these past 4 years or so. Professional, knowledgeable and reliable. You couldn't have asked for any more. I wish him all of the best for the future.

What next? There's probably some scope for the new CEO to look at the technology at the club. Undoubtedly some room for improvement working in parallel with Jamie Yabsley, the new marketing manager and James Greenacre, the top notch commercial manager. Heading up and improving the ticketing arrangements are probably something to be looked at too. Ticketmaster can be improved on, I'm sure.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Aerok":24wy9ous said:

Martyn has been an excellent figurehead for Argyle these past 4 years or so. Professional, knowledgeable and reliable. You couldn't have asked for any more. I wish him all of the best for the future.

What next? There's probably some scope for the new CEO to look at the technology at the club. Undoubtedly some room for improvement working in parallel with Jamie Yabsley, the new marketing manager and James Greenacre, the top notch commercial manager. Heading up and improving the ticketing arrangements are probably something to be looked at too. Ticketmaster can be improved on, I'm sure.
I’m not sure that not responding to emails can be described as professional & reliable!

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Mork":cbjhng68 said:
Aerok":cbjhng68 said:

I’m not sure that not responding to emails can be described as professional & reliable!

Undoubtedly I can't speak for all experiences, but certainly the interaction I've been aware of has been befitting of the role and it's responsibilities.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Doesn’t really offer any explanation for his departure which is weird.

Normally something gets divulgedc retirement, health, new job offer etc as to why the decision had been taken?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Tugboat":nfx9n13i said:
Doesn’t really offer any explanation for his departure which is weird.

Normally something gets divulgedc retirement, health, new job offer etc as to why the decision had been taken?

Maybe it's for family reasons?

Whatever, none of our business.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
WMN covered this story this morning and added a footnote regarding the imminent announcement of the two new directors who have recently been interviewed.

Interesting times.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
In all walks of life people come and go. In my 40 years with one company I had eight MD's for varying reasons and most of them enjoyed their move and were happy they did so, it didn't mean there was anything wrong (far from it) it just meant these people wanted something different than what they were doing.

You never know Martyn might want to leave football and take up renting Yurts or then again he might want to move to another club, he might even want to retire. Who knows? But as Andy says, it's none of our business really.

Good luck to him, he's been a very lucky man, he's been in charge of our great football club.

I hope whatever he's decided to do, he'll enjoy it. Unless of course he becomes the CEO of Milton Keynes.

Jul 6, 2005
Perhaps Martin is returning to Sherborne Town!

Anyway Martin thanks for all you have done and good luck for your future plans whatever they are.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I'll do X Isles job for him - it's Martyn not Martin. :)

Sep 26, 2009
SHERBORNE
Sherborne_Green":18hs5ddm said:
Perhaps Martin is returning to Sherborne Town!

Anyway Martin thanks for all you have done and good luck for your future plans whatever they are.
Reiterate what you say Sherborne Green. Best of luck for the future Martyn.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":5yglel7h said:
In all walks of life people come and go. In my 40 years with one company I had eight MD's for varying reasons and most of them enjoyed their move and were happy they did so, it didn't mean there was anything wrong (far from it) it just meant these people wanted something different than what they were doing.

You never know Martyn might want to leave football and take up renting Yurts or then again he might want to move to another club, he might even want to retire. Who knows? But as Andy says, it's none of our business really.

Good luck to him, he's been a very lucky man, he's been in charge of our great football club.

I hope whatever he's decided to do, he'll enjoy it. Unless of course he becomes the CEO of Milton Keynes.

Or Wycombe?