Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 58 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Pettgreen":2yf5ynzn said:
Lowe is well thought of from the people within the game. Good catch and if we have him for a couple of seasons to build what been started here then alls good for us.

"Build what been started here" we've been relegated to the bottom tier???

Oct 31, 2015
argobenz":1dqagtxf said:
Pettgreen":1dqagtxf said:
Lowe is well thought of from the people within the game. Good catch and if we have him for a couple of seasons to build what been started here then alls good for us.

"Build what been started here" we've been relegated to the bottom tier???

Some think DA started the building process and we are well down that road.

:crazy:

Don't ask

Jul 6, 2005
Nicky Adams (Bury midfielder) writing in today's Bury Times says that he is in daily contact with Lowe and that he definitely wants to stay at Bury.

Jun 24, 2008
demportdave":22u18oyu said:
Nicky Adams (Bury midfielder) writing in today's Bury Times says that he is in daily contact with Lowe and that he definitely wants to stay at Bury.

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/17659 ... rers-fans/

"Lowey's done absolutely brilliant this season, he's one of the lads and deserves all the success he gets in management, one thing I can say for certain is that he does want to stay at the club and take this group of players forward, but like I say, if you're hands forced then there's nothing he can do."

Well, I'd say don't come if you don't want too. I don't want a half hearted attempt of being Argyle manager. That said, I think it's more in the tone of he's Bury through and through and it would be a tough decision. He goes on to say...

"We all hope he stays we really do, but if he doesn't then it won't be a decision taken lightly."
and
"One thing’s for sure though, whatever he does end up doing, he'll be very successful doing it because he's a top lad and a great manager with plenty to give."

D

Diddyman 1983

Cobi Budge":39ctm3kq said:
Lowe is by far the most exciting name I’ve seen mentioned.

A young, progressive manager who plays exciting, attractive football, is proven at L2 level, who has good connections in the game & has even been complimented on his management style by the likes of Klopp & Benitez.

Genuinely quite astounded that some people think he’d be a such a terrible appointment.

I'm astounded that you're astounded that some people have a different opinion to you and have the audacity to share it on a football forum. Astounding.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
macleanie":g1642xgp said:
demportdave":g1642xgp said:

"Lowey's done absolutely brilliant this season, he's one of the lads and deserves all the success he gets in management, one thing I can say for certain is that he does want to stay at the club and take this group of players forward, but like I say, if you're hands forced then there's nothing he can do."

Well, I'd say don't come if you don't want too. I don't want a half hearted attempt of being Argyle manager. That said, I think it's more in the tone of he's Bury through and through and it would be a tough decision. He goes on to say...

"We all hope he stays we really do, but if he doesn't then it won't be a decision taken lightly."
and
"One thing’s for sure though, whatever he does end up doing, he'll be very successful doing it because he's a top lad and a great manager with plenty to give."

Nicky Adams’s quotes make me want Ryan Lowe as our manager even less. Lowe only wants Bury job, not the Argyle job it’s plainly obvious to me.

Jan 19, 2019
I really dont think its Lowe. It has dragged on far too long.... I am quietly anticipating an appointment that will have people scrambling to Google to look up said appointee.

It is quite blatant that Lowe has been hedging his bets whilst waiting for the Bury problems to be addressed. They haven't been yet - it is still well up in the air.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Someone's asked Alan Nixon whether there will be an announcement today. The reply was 'if terms are agreed'.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
If it is Lowe that gets appointed... even tho I’ve my reservations - He’ll have my full backing.

Jul 29, 2010
JannerinCardiff":iqip0kyf said:
macleanie":iqip0kyf said:
demportdave":iqip0kyf said:

and

Nicky Adams’s quotes make me want Ryan Lowe as our manager even less. Lowe only wants Bury job, not the Argyle job it’s plainly obvious to me.

Yup, it's certainly a concern.

I know it is only a turn of phrase but I also don't like the sound of "he's one of the lads" and "top lad". Erm, that's your manager you're talking about, not one of your drinking buddies.

The professional gap between coaching staff and players is a very good and necessary thing. You can still have a laugh without being 'one of the lads'. It does go some way to explain how he led his 'lads' to promotion in a short space of time... a close knit band of towel flicking jolly japesters against the world. And If it worked for them fo one solitary season then good for them.

But it isn't any kind of long term philosophy and it really won't export or replicate well. If he came here he wouldn't be 'one of the lads' as our existing players wouldn't be 'his lads'. To replicate it he'd either have to become 'one of the lads', (something that could undermine his authority) or import 'his lads' in (something that could lead to a clique forming). Neither is at all desirable.

Derek Adams was perhaps too distant from the playing group, too dour. But he did have a degree of professional detachment that meant there was no doubt who was in charge. That's important.

We don't need to lurch to the opposite extreme where the manager tries to be everyone's bezzie mate. Something in between please, relaxed but authoritative and professional.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Difference here Xisle is that Lowe was promoted from player to player/manager at Bury before taking on just managerial role. Admittedly he brought in new faces but retained a good few from the squad he was part of.

Here he will face a different test, although sure he will go back and bring a few of his preferred players with him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Tough one.

Seems like he’s desperate not to leave which shows decent loyalty credentials but it kind of seems we’re a second best back up option which leaves a sour note on my pallet.

Do we quash the deal in a ‘cut off your nose to spite your face’ scenario or ride it out in the hope we could come good with him in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.