Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 51 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2010
monkeywrench":1suunacd said:
PL2 3DQ":1suunacd said:
Cobi Budge":1suunacd said:
The Herald are now reporting Lowe is set to quit Bury and join Argyle.

Hope it's true!

They've just copied the Sun story.

Lowe woulld also have to uproot his family from Merseyside but he may be forced to head to Devon for more job security.

I'd rather he wasn't 'forced'.

Poor choice of words.
Erm, no. It would only be a poor choice of words if the Sun were on Argyle's payroll and/or were seeking to play down his keenness not to leave Bury.

As it is they are using a word that reflects the situation as they see it, something several of us have also expressed concern about... namely us being his reluctant second choice backstop.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Massive shift in odds.

Now 1/5 with sky bet

I think we have our man.

Feb 15, 2005
It seems everyone can read Ryan Lowe's mind and thought process. He maybe negotiating his salary, his relocation package and he just maybe visiting Plymouth to show his family where they maybe living shortly. A big decision and one he wants to get right, give the bloke a break and of course it might not be him as our new manager.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Incredible how much people on here seem to know about what’s been going on in Ryan Lowe’s mind over the last couple of weeks.

If he comes, then we should make him feel welcome and be 100% behind him.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
X Isle":1ezref34 said:
monkeywrench":1ezref34 said:
PL2 3DQ":1ezref34 said:
Cobi Budge":1ezref34 said:

Hope it's true!

Lowe woulld also have to uproot his family from Merseyside but he may be forced to head to Devon for more job security.

Poor choice of words.
Erm, no. It would only be a poor choice of words if the Sun were on Argyle's payroll and/or were seeking to play down his keenness not to leave Bury.

As it is they are using a word that reflects the situation as they see it, something several of us have also expressed concern about... namely us being his reluctant second choice backstop.

It's the journo's words Smiffy. Give the guy (Lowe) a break. Let's see what he has to say IF he's appointed. No one knows the extent of the discussions between Lowe and the board, or what's going on in Lowe's head.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Cobi Budge":1gu4e020 said:
Incredible how much people on here seem to know about what’s been going on in Ryan Lowe’s mind over the last couple of weeks.

If he comes, then we should make him feel welcome and be 100% behind him.

100% agree

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
If it is Lowe let's judge him on his actions. Sure that is usually the view Smiffy would recommend. :thumbup:

Expect some Bury players to follow.

Mar 23, 2008
Cobi Budge":3gybisa4 said:
Nixon has just tweeted a decision will be made tomorrow.
He also tweeted well over a week ago that Lowe would be announced soon, depending on the traffic on the M5. It must be some tail back?? The point being, i'm sure he's more in the know than most but the evidence would suggest he's not fully in the loop.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Deacster":10ruimlv said:
Cobi Budge":10ruimlv said:
Nixon has just tweeted a decision will be made tomorrow.
He also tweeted well over a week ago that Lowe would be announced soon, depending on the traffic on the M5. It must be some tail back?? The point being, i'm sure he's more in the know than most but the evidence would suggest he's not fully in the loop.

Of course. He's a journalist after all and using a mixture of fact and supposition.

Oct 20, 2015
Bloody hell. Poor Ryan Lowe! He's pilloried on here for taking the time to see if it's necessary to uproot his life and his family 200 miles away in order to make a living. If it were you - wouldn't you take the time to see if your current job was still feasible before you jumped ship and moved to an unfamiliar part of the world? And to have those 'difficult conversations' with your family?

Argyle knew/know his current circumstance. They may offer relocation expenses to help. If Lowe does take the job, he'll tackle it with the same professionalism he's shown at Bury. Just because he's waiting to find out what's happening with his current employer does not mean he won't commit to the Argyle cause.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It 'feels' like this might be happening now... don't want to get too ahead of ourselves but happy if it does.

If it is, and if I was Graham Carey (or any other attacking player), I'd be thinking this is the place to be with Lowe's style of football and use of two no 10s. In a great stadium to play football in, and a great new pitch to play it on.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
X Isle":exrlzfmy said:
monkeywrench":exrlzfmy said:
PL2 3DQ":exrlzfmy said:
Cobi Budge":exrlzfmy said:

Hope it's true!

Poor choice of words.

Their loss and our gain then surely?

Blimey – give the bloke a chance. He’s worked wonders and shown great loyalty to Bury and his family are well settled in the area. So of course he would much prefer they got their act together and he could carry on the work there and not uproot his family. We shouldn’t get all precious about it and feel affronted like some spurned suitor just because that he feels that way. But if the mess at Bury continues then he will have to move on for his own career and his family – albeit reluctantly – but that doesn’t mean he’ll be any less committed to his new challenge does it? To me it shows commitment and loyalty and a desire to finish a job he started. If and when he comes here that characteristic will be just what we want isn’t it? ……. Better that than some ego-driven, media-loving, job-hopping, looking-after-number-one chancer like some I could mention. :whistle:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Biggs":255u8ylk said:
It 'feels' like this might be happening now... don't want to get too ahead of ourselves but happy if it does.

If it is, and if I was Graham Carey (or any other attacking player), I'd be thinking this is the place to be with Lowe's style of football and use of two no 10s. In a great stadium to play football in, and a great new pitch to play it on.

:iagree:

Why are people 'nit picking' over the odd word here or there to try and turn a positive PAFC story into another negative?

Nobody is being 'forced' to take the job. How could he be forced and by who(m)?
He is being 'forced by circumstance and finance' to accept our job and leave a club that is understandably huge in his life to this point.

I would like him here. If he announces tomorrow? Great!
:scarf:
If not? Then we'll move on and get someone else. But I will not slag off Lowe for loving his family and loving another club to such an extent that he gives careful consideration to where and when he goes next.

Come here Ryan, there is a real job here for you and a following that will blow the black pudding out of you!! Bring yoiur family, they may love it! and bring your attack book!! :scarf:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Pogleswoody":2l756wkf said:
Why are people 'nit picking' over the odd word here or there to try and turn a positive PAFC story into another negative?

Nobody is being 'forced' to take the job. How could he be forced and by who(m)?
He is being 'forced by circumstance and finance' to accept our job and leave a club that is understandably huge in his life to this point.

I would like him here. If he announces tomorrow? Great!
:scarf:
If not? Then we'll move on and get someone else. But I will not slag off Lowe for loving his family and loving another club to such an extent that he gives careful consideration to where and when he goes next.

Come here Ryan, there is a real job here for you and a following that will blow the black pudding out of you!! Bring yoiur family, they may love it! and bring your attack book!! :scarf:
EX-ACT-LY !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.