Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 53 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2009
Argylegames":2x5r2rzu said:
The biggest thing for me about our new manager, whoever it may be, besides the Chairman's criteria?

That he starts out calling us Argyle and not Plymouth.

Personally l couldn’t care what he calls us if the football is good to watch.

Whether he calls us Argyle or Plymouth. In the grand scheme of things what does it mean?

Managers have called us “Argyle”. Then ditched us.

By using the term “Argyle” it may seem like they are more align with the fans but in my eyes actions speaker volumes over words.

Jul 29, 2010
Cobi Budge":m87bmj15 said:
Not sure where my post is, went to edit it and now it’s gone. What I’m saying X-Isle is why can’t you give the man a chance when he ticks so many boxes? It seems odd.
Please, no really, pretty please highlight where I have said I wouldn't give him a chance...

:tumbleweed:

I refer you back to my early observation about dumb binary thinking... "well if you're not fawning in awe at a living deity then you must be sticking pins in a voodoo doll".

No, no, no, no, no. Despite your best efforts to provide evidence to the contrary Cobi, you ARE better than that.

You don't have to agree with my reservations (and I'm not alone... or at least I wasn't earlier before the 'new manager/player sycophant police' started their rounds) but you have to accept that some people will have reservations and will require ANY new manager to impress them, to prove them wrong.

Flip it on its head. If Ollie is/was appointed I would accept that some people would have massive reservations. I wouldn't agree with those reservations but I would at least respect their right to hold them whilst accepting they wanted the best for Argyle. I wouldn't be 'banging my head' because you had a different opinion to me.

Drop the binary thinking, it's natures way of identifying silly people.

Jul 29, 2010
monkeywrench":3aq79b8q said:
Given you a break? Wow, that sounds like I've been giving you grief at every turn. I can't remember the last time I've openly disagreed with you.

You talk a lot of sense there and i mostly agree with you. The point I was trying to make is that you're making judgements on the guy without knowing what has been said and what he's thinking. And yes, we don't know either way.

On 'paper' he ticks all the boxes. It's something to get excited about. For me anyway. And absolutely we judge any manager on what he delivers.

(Quotes before stripped out)

Yep hands up, you were collateral damage there. I sensed a mob approaching so instinctively drew my trusty fruit knife and went all Tasmanian Devil. I apologise, t'was the gathering mob I was fending off not you specifically.

As we've identified I agree with the vast majority of what you say above. The semantic in me would replace 'making judgements' with 'holding reservations' but apart from that, let me buy you a metaphorical beer.

:stout:

Jul 29, 2010
edengreen":2hzxb7wf said:
Can see Caplan Lavery returning if Lowe comes already released by sheff utd
Caplan?, is he related to Aslan?

He'd be a roaring success.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
X Isle":2wq6shlw said:
monkeywrench":2wq6shlw said:
Given you a break? Wow, that sounds like I've been giving you grief at every turn. I can't remember the last time I've openly disagreed with you.

You talk a lot of sense there and i mostly agree with you. The point I was trying to make is that you're making judgements on the guy without knowing what has been said and what he's thinking. And yes, we don't know either way.

On 'paper' he ticks all the boxes. It's something to get excited about. For me anyway. And absolutely we judge any manager on what he delivers.

(Quotes before stripped out)

Yep hands up, you were collateral damage there. I sensed a mob approaching so instinctively drew my trusty fruit knife and went all Tasmanian Devil. I apologise, t'was the gathering mob I was fending off not you specifically.

As we've identified I agree with the vast majority of what you say above. The semantic in me would replace 'making judgements' with 'holding reservations' but apart from that, let me buy you a metaphorical beer.

:stout:

I'll take the metaphorical beer. My round.

Mar 23, 2008
Metal_Green_Mickey":189ub4hz said:
Argylegames":189ub4hz said:
The biggest thing for me about our new manager, whoever it may be, besides the Chairman's criteria?

Whether he calls us Argyle or Plymouth. In the grand scheme of things what does it mean?

By using the term “Argyle” it may seem like they are more align with the fans but in my eyes actions speaker volumes over words.
I always like it when managers and players call us Argyle or even refer to us, as us! Too many passing through call us Plymouth and they, its important whoever here buys into Argyle. We are a unique club given the geography and perennial unfulfilled potential and large catchment area. Plenty of City's and Uniteds, only one Argyle.

Jun 2, 2016
X Isle":33pjv2k0 said:
Cobi Budge":33pjv2k0 said:
Not sure where my post is, went to edit it and now it’s gone. What I’m saying X-Isle is why can’t you give the man a chance when he ticks so many boxes? It seems odd.
Please, no really, pretty please highlight where I have said I wouldn't give him a chance...

:tumbleweed:

I refer you back to my early observation about dumb binary thinking... "well if you're not fawning in awe at a living deity then you must be sticking pins in a voodoo doll".

No, no, no, no, no. Despite your best efforts to provide evidence to the contrary Cobi, you ARE better than that.

You don't have to agree with my reservations (and I'm not alone... or at least I wasn't earlier before the 'new manager/player sycophant police' started their rounds) but you have to accept that some people will have reservations and will require ANY new manager to impress them, to prove them wrong.

Flip it on its head. If Ollie is/was appointed I would accept that some people would have massive reservations. I wouldn't agree with those reservations but I would at least respect their right to hold them whilst accepting they wanted the best for Argyle. I wouldn't be 'banging my head' because you had a different opinion to me.

Drop the binary thinking, it's natures way of identifying silly people.

Wow. Not only is this punter a world champion in condescension, but he can read Lowe's mind too. Quite something.

Rokerite

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 18, 2019
Metal_Green_Mickey":28eje26x said:
Argylegames":28eje26x said:

Just as long as he doesn't say how proud he is to be coming to The Grecians!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cobi Budge":1kjpnomr said:
Gary_Wills":1kjpnomr said:
Given the relative inexperience, and burden from retention seemingly of pedestrians such as Fox Sawyer and Taylor, it'll likely be a midtable transition guaranteed for at least one season won't it, probably a painful one like Sturrock 1.0's first season.

But far rather this guy Lowe, than the likes of Hollow and some others with a feigned hunger of the "unique" challenge.

Lowe had to overhaul Bury's squad following their relegation to League 2, he still took them up at the first attempt.

Aren’t a few of Bury’s players on over £4K per week?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
JannerinCardiff":1hxotyap said:
Cobi Budge":1hxotyap said:
Gary_Wills":1hxotyap said:
Given the relative inexperience, and burden from retention seemingly of pedestrians such as Fox Sawyer and Taylor, it'll likely be a midtable transition guaranteed for at least one season won't it, probably a painful one like Sturrock 1.0's first season.

But far rather this guy Lowe, than the likes of Hollow and some others with a feigned hunger of the "unique" challenge.

Lowe had to overhaul Bury's squad following their relegation to League 2, he still took them up at the first attempt.

Which of these would you suggest are on that money JiC?

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2018/augu ... 19-season/

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
JannerinCardiff":s5e5w3q7 said:
Cobi Budge":s5e5w3q7 said:
Gary_Wills":s5e5w3q7 said:

Surely not, the club would be in financial problems if that were the situation.

Aug 5, 2016
cheshiregreen":27yque5e said:
JannerinCardiff":27yque5e said:
Cobi Budge":27yque5e said:
Gary_Wills":27yque5e said:

Which of these would you suggest are on that money JiC?

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2018/augu ... 19-season/

Danns, Mayor, Adams, Maynard etc all likely to be high earners. Least of all Jermain Beckford who has played for Leeds and for Everton in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.