Just a question (No agenda) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just a question (No agenda)

May 22, 2006
Dear Chris,

I'm trying to work out the running order for a meeting I'm supposed to be chairing. But I'm having some trouble (no agenda). Please advise.

Dec 6, 2011
Andrew Owen":16kc8hwz said:
Dear Chris,

I'm trying to work out the running order for a meeting I'm supposed to be chairing. But I'm having some trouble (no agenda). Please advise.

Introduce yourself

Some house rules - mobile phones off, exits, toilets, no speaking over each other etc.

Apologies (use the I'm sorry I came joke)

Issues up for debate with an opening statement from relevant person(s) to crystallise matters.

Q&A - use a bit of paper and map a grid of the room to make sure you select a balanced amount of people across the delegates.

Draw it all together.

Thanks and safe journey home

(A few jokes along the way always help)

..... Happy to help haha

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Mr President":19kw8ybz said:
I answered the question in detail but in line with the request - does Ian Newell have an official role at the Club? No.

Hallelujah.

The 'yes' or 'no' was all anyone was asking, I believe.

Thanks Pres. Case closed.

Jul 29, 2010
Ponty":1mw19kzy said:
Mr President":1mw19kzy said:
I was taught a long time ago that a man who starts a sentence with a 'to be honest with you' or 'I'm being honest' is probably telling a lie. This is based on the fact that if somebody is lying they can tend to exaggerate their defence.

So when someone starts a thread and feels the need to state they don't have any agenda it is bound to draw some people to the conclusion that they do.

I answered the question in detail but in line with the request - does Ian Newell have an official role at the Club? No.

Sorted...

Next???

To be honest with you ;-) .....

OK, so we've established he doesn't presently, but can you confirm please if Ian has ever previously held a roll at Home Park, I find it hard to believe he hasn't.

Just asking, no specific gender.

;-)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Gerald Wylie":tdyimdj9 said:
I was taught never to lie. No wonder I don't seem to get anywhere.

you should have been taught to never lie Gerald!

because you were taught never to lie I can only assume that you are not very good at it, ..errm not ever having been taught it sort of thing :oops: (no offender meant!)

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
X Isle":fyec0zkt said:
OK, so we've established he doesn't presently, but can you confirm please if Ian has ever previously held a roll at Home Park.
Quite a few, I should imagine: cheese, ham, sausage...

Am I alone in wondering why it matters so much?

Yours sincerely

Noah Gender-Bender
Brighton
East Thirdsex

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Pogleswoody":25d36m7z said:
Gerald Wylie":25d36m7z said:

because you were taught never to lie I can only assume that you are not very good at it, ..errm not ever having been taught it sort of thing :oops: (no offender meant!)
Erm, since you've "corrected" someone else's English I'm sure you won't mind if I do likewise.

Gerald's sentence is correct: unlike you, he avoided splitting the infinitive.

You interpret his words as meaning that he was never taught to lie (no doubt for comic effect). Who in 21st Century Britain says "I was taught never" when they mean "I was never taught"?!

No, really, it was no trouble. ;)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
MickyD":1xgdidfi said:
Pogleswoody":1xgdidfi said:
Gerald Wylie":1xgdidfi said:

Erm, since you've "corrected" someone else's English I'm sure you won't mind if I do likewise.

Gerald's sentence is correct: unlike you, he avoided splitting the infinitive.

You interpret his words as meaning that he was never taught to lie (no doubt for comic effect). Who in 21st Century Britain says "I was taught never" when they mean "I was never taught"?!

No, really, it was no trouble. ;)

I stand indubitably corrected or i might indubitably stand corrected
i remain sir your MOST obedient servant :nworthy:

(no doubt for comic effect)? darn it, i've been sussed!! :funny: