Just a question (No agenda) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just a question (No agenda)

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
It's easy to answer really. I know Ian, we got off to a VERY dodgy start. He has perhaps be extremely naiive with some of his internet forays in the past, which is putting it kindly and politely and explains his absence from here. That he has been instrumental in raising huge amounts of cash for PAFC is beyond question and in itself, makes the chap something of a hero, I guess. He would say he was just an ordinary fan doing what he could for his club.
Does he have an official role at PAFC? No. I don't think so. He certainly is friends with the Chairman, President and a number of players. That's as close as it gets. That would explain why he pops up in the DB at each game - thanks and 'kudos' for services rendered perhaps?

Of course, if you ask the same question on ATD.................. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: He is the Devil incarnate.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

When a perfectly reasonable question is asked, that isn't going to shatter the axis on which the earth spins, then when so many people retort with a "what's it got to do with you" manner, then it is perfectly natural that people think it a bit odd.

A) Does IJN have an official capacity at the club? Yes

B) Does IJN have an official capacity at the club? No

C) Does IJN generally mooch around at the club - not in an official capacity, but does get an open-ended invite to the directors box, because he is friendly with the owner and president? Probably

If I were a betting man, I'd go for 'C'.

The surefire way to stop people speculating if is is A or B, is for Ian (via twitter) or the President to simply say yes or no.

Maybe certain people don't want speculation to stop, and actually get off on the attention?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
metroace":31vzgx8b said:
But it does seem that you are unwilling to accept the answer that he is a fan with a talent for fundraising who loves the club and wants to do whatever he can to ensure that the club gets through these hard times.

It is your apparent unwillingness to accept the above that contradicts your subject headline where you say 'No Agenda'.
Well said. What is it to do with anyone else if a fan who has put himself out and gone the extra mile gets an invite into the director's box?

C

cornysteve

I repeated the question because it was one I've wondered about. Thats all. Having no agenda, when clearly many have, I thought that stating I had no agenda might make that clear. My error clearly.

If the answer given was yes/no/mind your own business, I'd have left it alone. The reaction that this has got really says more about those with their knickers in a twist than it does about me. Fair enough, he's just a fan. Doesn't make any difference to how I support Argyle.

Steve

B

bandwagon

marin(er)":1adbwr9a said:
X Isle":1adbwr9a said:
marin(er)":1adbwr9a said:
OMG.... Sums up Pasoti really...

OMG.......we agree on something ;-)

I think you and I could get on you know :D

Jeeze - it's a friggin lu-vin!! I'll take the one in the hula skirt!! :funny: :clap: :shock: :scarf: :facepalm:

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
jespafc":1i4mliuf said:
p.s. as far as I can tell from reading pasoti over the past few months/years Ian N is a bleddy good fan of Argyle and has worked his socks off to help this club. End of.

Copy write infringement........Mr Fletcher's line..... "worked their socks off"..... belongs to whatever the next excuse is for Fletchers failing troops.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The Doctor":4gf9f5sp said:
Okay, the answer may be a simple one as already given but I think this is a fair question, albeit one that the asking of is certainly not without the possibility of being associated with an ulterior motive. Most (all?) other ordinary fans, even ones who have done amazing things for the club, don't routinely get to watch games from the Directors Box or seem to be directly involved on the club's behalf in raising money through sponsorship of murals etc. It does LOOK from the outside that Ian has some kind of official role at Home Park but evidently that isn't the case. Anyway, attacking the person who asked the question seems a bit unfair to me.

Well put Doc. I feel the "protectionist" posts reference IN actually only serve to create an aura of mystery where none should exist. At the end of the day who really cares, and I am sure IN can look after himself should he need to do so.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
IJN??

He can be my wing man anytime.

His role at the Club?? I don't know, serious, but I reckon he's doing a damn site more than most of us.

Dec 6, 2011
I was taught a long time ago that a man who starts a sentence with a 'to be honest with you' or 'I'm being honest' is probably telling a lie. This is based on the fact that if somebody is lying they can tend to exaggerate their defence.

So when someone starts a thread and feels the need to state they don't have any agenda it is bound to draw some people to the conclusion that they do.

I answered the question in detail but in line with the request - does Ian Newell have an official role at the Club? No.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Mr President":37raf438 said:
I was taught a long time ago that a man who starts a sentence with a 'to be honest with you' or 'I'm being honest' is probably telling a lie. This is based on the fact that if somebody is lying they can tend to exaggerate their defence.

So when someone starts a thread and feels the need to state they don't have any agenda it is bound to draw some people to the conclusion that they do.

I answered the question in detail but in line with the request - does Ian Newell have an official role at the Club? No.

Sorted...

Next???

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Ponty":1wcvxw38 said:
Mr President":1wcvxw38 said:

Sorted...

Next???

Does Santa really exist?

Yes or no answers please.

tonsk