Just a question (No agenda) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just a question (No agenda)

A

argylefaninwales

does it matter what role he has? in pafc or any group which supports and helps the green army.
why do you ask this question?
ive not talked or met ian or anyone else from this site, any site to do with which supports pafc or anyone from pafc.
but whats wrong with supporting them?? people like ian and chris and many more helped keep pafc alive.

C

cornysteve

Why would anyone keep their head down on t'internet?

I wasn't aware that it was such a sensitive issue.
It must be because all I've heard are politicians answers that dont actually answer anything.
Platitudes for the man himself (no problem with this but they don't answer the question).
Plaintive, 'Why do you want to know?' questions, (I support Argyle, it's an Argyle forum, it's an Argyle question)
And being told to ring the club. I'd always thought this was the place to get an answer for a pafc related question.
For me though, the site admin using my pitiful post count in pretty much the most disingenuous way possible was ridiculous.
They compare this site with North Korea on ATD. Until now, I thought they were joking.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
cornysteve":3tt09m7d said:
It was asked on the mural thread and I repeated it. Rather than hijack that thread, I'll ask here. "What exactly is ian n's role at the club?". I realise that we aren't to discuss those who cannot respond, but I have no axe to grind here. Chris and Nikkk have given comment without answering the question, both of whom have real links to the club. So, would it be possible for someone, shall we say officially linked to the club, to clarify whether or not Ian has an official position/role/title or any link other than simply as a fan to the club.

It's possible that I'm being thick here. Wouldn't be the first time, wont be the last. It is a fairly straight forward question though.

Steve

Ian N is the emperor of PAFC. He will be sending his flying monkeys to collect your taxes on each full moon, and you will have to recite the official Ian N prayer in Albanian at 10.02 am on every fourth Saturday. If you eat frosties he'll steal your wife, and if you show any disdain to Cliff Richard he'll chase you with a 5 foot feather plucked from the back of Michael Parkinson's pet ostrich.

And there was my pointless response to a pointless thread.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
p.s. as far as I can tell from reading pasoti over the past few months/years Ian N is a bleddy good fan of Argyle and has worked his socks off to help this club. End of.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
cornysteve":3sbv56vx said:
It was asked on the mural thread and I repeated it. Rather than hijack that thread, I'll ask here. "What exactly is ian n's role at the club?". I realise that we aren't to discuss those who cannot respond, but I have no axe to grind here. Chris and Nikkk have given comment without answering the question, both of whom have real links to the club. So, would it be possible for someone, shall we say officially linked to the club, to clarify whether or not Ian has an official position/role/title or any link other than simply as a fan to the club.

It's possible that I'm being thick here. Wouldn't be the first time, wont be the last. It is a fairly straight forward question though.Steve
What the hell is going on when a fan can ask a simple question and get so many WW3 answers. He's asking a very simple, non-agenda and honest question. If you were sat in a pub and every so often a chap appeared out of some side door and shouted a number at the barman before disappearing again when you next go to the bar you might say ''what's that bloke doing then ??''
If the whole pub then started screaming abuse at you - you may think ''Woooow what have I asked ??''

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
But it does seem that you are unwilling to accept the answer that he is a fan with a talent for fundraising who loves the club and wants to do whatever he can to ensure that the club gets through these hard times.

It is your apparent unwillingness to accept the above that contradicts your subject headline where you say 'No Agenda'.

N

NorfolkGreen

metroace":2bkphc2d said:
But it does seem that you are unwilling to accept the answer that he is a fan with a talent for fundraising who loves the club and wants to do whatever he can to ensure that the club gets through these hard times.

It is your apparent unwillingness to accept the above that contradicts your subject headline where you say 'No Agenda'.

I think he has accepted that very point, but the question remains unanswered, not really sure why it's such a big deal? Why can't someone just say "he has been given wider access to Home Park in gratitude for the phenomenal fundraising efforts, but doesn't have an official role"? It would answer the question and let us know his efforts have been, correctly, recognised by the club.

We are all too keen to see the wrong in people

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Jesus wept I'm sure Ian Newell is not sat somewhere crying into his pint because someone asked whether he had a role at Argyle.

I imagine he is strong enough not to be mortally offended by what seems a reasonable enough question.

B

bizzay1

I think I can honesly say that the last time I saw Ian at the club his roll was granery, with chedder cheese and finest dry cured honey roast ham with branston pickle oozing out of the sides :lol: :funny: :coat:

B

bandwagon

I did ask this same question about this Nikkk character a few weeks ago - remember I've lived a hundred miles away for 32 years so have no idea of the inner workings of Plymouth in general. My point is I asked a genuine question because all I saw was snippets on here, and I think some thought me to have some agenda, that I honestly didn't. It just so happens I do know Ian from the early 70's through mutual mates, drinking establishments and the terraces, also been a couple of times to that lounge - however I could'nt answer the original question about his affiliation with the club. This is the problem with the internet in general - we all make our own minds up about what we read and see!!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Okay, the answer may be a simple one as already given but I think this is a fair question, albeit one that the asking of is certainly not without the possibility of being associated with an ulterior motive. Most (all?) other ordinary fans, even ones who have done amazing things for the club, don't routinely get to watch games from the Directors Box or seem to be directly involved on the club's behalf in raising money through sponsorship of murals etc. It does LOOK from the outside that Ian has some kind of official role at Home Park but evidently that isn't the case. Anyway, attacking the person who asked the question seems a bit unfair to me.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
It was my fault (if fault is the right word): I asked the question originally on the Mural thread. It was an honest question, I am quite taken aback by the response of some of the more rabid posters on thsi thread. I thought PASOTI was becoming more chilled out.

Norfolk Green's and The Doctor's post above sums it up nicely for me. I dont see why its such a big deal, I just wanted to know who does what in the club I support. We are supposed to be in an era of transparency.

Let me state now (as I know some will be frothing at the mouth as they read this) I have no problem with IJN acting in any role to the club - he has done a lot, and good on him. I actually think he deserves it. OK? Clear enough for some?

What I do have a problem with is any aparent secrecy and the fact that a simple question cannot be asked without the dogs of war being released.

Feb 21, 2011
Ffs who cares the bloke raised/raises cash for Argyle staff fund/ gt's he goes to nearly every match, knows a few players, is mates with the president and gets to sit in the directors box on occasion I really do not see what the point of this thread is.

C

Cult Of Personality

No point puting my post across if going to be cut and made out to be something else

--------------------------------
Accusation removed. Admin.