Just a question (No agenda) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just a question (No agenda)

C

cornysteve

It was asked on the mural thread and I repeated it. Rather than hijack that thread, I'll ask here. "What exactly is ian n's role at the club?". I realise that we aren't to discuss those who cannot respond, but I have no axe to grind here. Chris and Nikkk have given comment without answering the question, both of whom have real links to the club. So, would it be possible for someone, shall we say officially linked to the club, to clarify whether or not Ian has an official position/role/title or any link other than simply as a fan to the club.

It's possible that I'm being thick here. Wouldn't be the first time, wont be the last. It is a fairly straight forward question though.

Steve

B

bizzay1

"So basically a lifelong Argyle fan that people trust helping out."

That is as stated on the other thread, bit of a long title, but simply that I believe

C

cornysteve

It's a political answer though. A lot is said but the essential question isn't answered.

Sep 28, 2011
Poor Ian

He leaves pasoti,carries on fundraising and he still gets questions asked.

What sort of answer are you looking for comysteve?

You've already put "just a question"
So why put (no agenda)?

The Nikkk thread already went off topic before you posted this thread.

M

marin(er)

plymptonpilgreen":3ef9tszs said:
Poor Ian

He leaves pasoti,carries on fundraising and he still gets questions asked.

What sort of answer are you looking for comysteve?

You've already put "just a question"
So why put (no agenda)?

The Nikkk thread already went off topic before you posted this thread.

Steve, be careful.... You are obviously running very close to the Agendamonger line... God help you

Jul 29, 2010
Steve has no form though, big difference.

A simple question can just be a simple question when asked politely and when not preceded by a track record of undermining and platforming on a single issue.

C

cornysteve

Put 'no agenda', because despite very rarely posting, I do read threads and know that there are those who have an agenda.

I'm asking the question because it's a legitimate question. If a random bloke kept popping in directors boxes in Argyle regalia, it would be a valid question: 'Who is he and what is his role at the club?'
I dont care who the question is asked about. Ian has raised shedloads, nobody can dispute that. I dont think any reasonable person could argue that he doesn't deserve recognition from the club.

I posted here because I didn't want the mural thread to go off topic. Even there, I was only repeating the question.

As for the answer I'm looking for, I'd have thought that was blatently obvious: Does Ian Newell have an official role at Plymouth Argyle Football Club, and if he does what is it? I think it's a reasonable question.

I'm questioning nobody in particular. Just wondering what goes on at my/our club.

M

marin(er)

X Isle":1vvbx2ee said:

A simple question can just be a simple question when asked politely and when not preceded by a track record of undermining and platforming on a single issue.

It's good to know you have again taken up,the role of policing me on here... The thing is I have no agenda, never have had and never will have other than supporting, following and loving Argyle when it comes to football. I believe that you have more of an agenda than me...
We're you a bully at school? Maybe you are at work? You can get help you know...

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
marin(er)":3moqu3e5 said:
X Isle":3moqu3e5 said:

It's good to know you have again taken up,the role of policing me on here... The thing is I have no agenda, never have had and never will have other than supporting, following and loving Argyle when it comes to football. I believe that you have more of an agenda than me...
We're you a bully at school? Maybe you are at work? You can get help you know...

You've changed Marin(er), you've gone from agender pusher to comedian in one switch of thread ;)

Jul 29, 2010
If pointing out form makes one a bully then a bully I must be. Not any kind of bully I've heard of mind, no swearing, no violence, no threats and no taking of lunch money, no flushing of heads down the toilet.

You just don't like being reminded of prior wrongness, but then you maintain you were right anyway so I'm not even doing that.

Ho hum, guess I'm not a very good bully then, I can live with that.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
cornysteve":23c8480o said:
Put 'no agenda', because despite very rarely posting, I do read threads and know that there are those who have an agenda.

I'm asking the question because it's a legitimate question. If a random bloke kept popping in directors boxes in Argyle regalia, it would be a valid question: 'Who is he and what is his role at the club?'
I dont care who the question is asked about. Ian has raised shedloads, nobody can dispute that. I dont think any reasonable person could argue that he doesn't deserve recognition from the club.

I posted here because I didn't want the mural thread to go off topic. Even there, I was only repeating the question.

As for the answer I'm looking for, I'd have thought that was blatently obvious: Does Ian Newell have an official role at Plymouth Argyle Football Club, and if he does what is it? I think it's a reasonable question.

I'm questioning nobody in particular. Just wondering what goes on at my/our club.

This is a bit of strange one. You have just nine posts to your name and five are Ian Newell related and you use an alias to ask for legitimacy.
It might be worth contacting the club directly; I'm sure someone at the club could help you out.

C

cornysteve

I did mention that I post very rarely. I promise to be more prolific in future. How many of my 5 posts were tonight and were relevant to the question I asked though.

C

cornysteve

Hells bells, I count five. They were all asking a genuine question. It must be a conspiracy/agenda.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
I'm not sure I really understand your question. Does Ian have a "role" at the club? I don't think he does to be honest. As far as i'm concerned he's just a bloke who took it upon himself to raise a shedload of money to help out the staff of PAFC in their hour of need when most other people were content to just sit back and let matters take their course. Great bloke.

M

marin(er)

cornysteve":1grxgtat said:
Hells bells, I count five. They were all asking a genuine question. It must be a conspiracy/agenda.

I did warn you.... And funnily enough the ones that are jumping all over you are the same old culprits... Keep your head down... I won't contribute anymore, they will cook up some collaboration between us and I'm sure association with me is something you could really do without :shock: