Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 32 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Metal_Green_Mickey":10hbdcd9 said:
We go from excitement, saying it’s would be great to have him back, to rubbishing him because he never signed.

Personally if your getting more money to play football at an ambitious club then good luck to him.
....or, perhaps, a reckless club that could end up like we did in 2011.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Not disappointed, having seen Pompeys attacking options , I was not overly impressed and if he couldn`t fit into that then it`s obvious why he was sent back and then released.

Jan 27, 2012
Quintrell_Green":1duwzv9o said:
Emu":1duwzv9o said:
gaspargomez":1duwzv9o said:
Why is that Argyle can't compete financially with other clubs in the bottom two divisions when Home Park has some of the largest gates outside the Championship ?[/bi]
ppp
Forget this stuff about Mason not fitting into the formation. Adams obviously wanted him but did not have the playing budget. Yet other clubs in League One and Two can afford him it seems.

You keep banging on with the same old record, but attendances in this day and age are just a small influence on club budgets.

Exactly. This query has been covered many times before

I don’t accept the arguments put forward by some PASOTI posters. From what I have read elsewhere home attendances are a very significant factor in the budgets of League One and Two clubs. It’s not just gate receipts- larger attendances and the size of the catchment mean more sales in general and wider advertising exposure than most clubs in this division. There is a mentality here that any club “up the line” must be bigger and better than Argyle. I just don’t buy that.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":pfd4q4ye said:
Lost track of how many times I've had to say this on here, but we aren't in the 80's or 90's anymore, attendances are no longer the sole indication of a clubs financial clout, it's so outdated to assume that because a club has more fans, it must have more money.
You're going to have to say it a few more times Cobi, because (unbelievably) it is still yet to sink in with "certain" posters.

Mar 8, 2016
we’re not a premier league club where large amounts of money comes in from tv and advertising. We’re a league one club, a struggling league one club. Crowd Attendance is the absolute life blood of revenue for the club. There is a reason Accrington Stanley have the smallest budget, it’s because the have the smallest crowds. So this nonsense people keep spouting that attendance doesn’t affect the budget at this level are wrong. It plays a very big part of the budget. Until we go up a level then attendance means a great deal to the club.

Jan 27, 2012
Dan Ellard":2thxbc0y said:
Cobi Budge":2thxbc0y said:
Lost track of how many times I've had to say this on here, but we aren't in the 80's or 90's anymore, attendances are no longer the sole indication of a clubs financial clout, it's so outdated to assume that because a club has more fans, it must have more money.
You're going to have to say it a few more times Cobi, because (unbelievably) it is still yet to sink in with "certain" posters.

Your thoughts on this have “sunk in” just fine. I just don’t agree with them. And I’m not the only one.

Jul 12, 2016
All I would say to Charlton ,who unsurprisingly are no longer interested, and MK Dons is bigger fools them. Incidentally Cobi not all clubs have a sugar daddy and if we cannot compete with the likes of Accrington with our gates something is wrong.Even allowing for our location I cannot believe we cannot compete financially for free transfer players.

Aug 5, 2016
argyleforever":2iwzlnru said:
A good source tells me Argyle put a bid in for just £1600, (VIA EMAIL!!)
Charlton bid £4000 and Mk Dons Bid £6000..
:/

Eye opening if true. Where is he going then?

Feb 8, 2019
I think it's also worth considering that if we did offer £4k plus for Mason, what would that do to the mind set of the key players in our squad?

I imagine that it would be a real nightmare renegotiating contracts for some of our better players, we wouldn't be able to offer them all what Mason would be on and we'd most likely lose half our squad again.

Perhaps Adams feels. with Ruben and Graham's contracts coming up, that money would be better used keeping the core of the squad together so that next season we can actually start in August and not be playing catch up 4 months down the line.

May 16, 2016
Knibbsworth":1cixwuc8 said:
argyleforever":1cixwuc8 said:

Somewhere he'll be overpaid by the look of it.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Knibbsworth":3jdpbf31 said:
argyleforever":3jdpbf31 said:

I didn't think Charlton put a bid in? It was vetoed wasn't it? If so, this somewhat discredits the source of this information.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
argyleforever":2heimrpv said:

:lol:

If true that would be so Argyle, nothing surprises me with this club.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
argyleforever":1sxsy20u said:

Did the others have theirs delivered by messenger pigeon or written in the sky? Why is by email such a big deal?

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
The-Pilgrim":2dhmma0v said:
argyleforever":2dhmma0v said:

Did the others have theirs delivered by messenger pigeon or written in the sky? Why is by email such a big deal?

Its pretty unprofessional if you ask me