Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 31 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

Jun 24, 2008
Doesn't want to play for our club so sounds like the perfect player to avoid. He prefers the money. That's up to him and not worth judging.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Wonder what the reaction will be like if he ever played against us in the future, or even decided to move back to Plymouth when he finished his playing career?

Aug 5, 2016
Pogleswoody":wso0mlmx said:
Knibbsworth":wso0mlmx said:
Pottypilgrim":wso0mlmx said:
Knibbsworth":wso0mlmx said:
Sad news, really thought it was going to happen. He would have been beloved if he'd have come back.

That said I did think he must have had some demands to make the Charlton owner turn Bowyer down.

The owner turned Bowyer down because he already had 3 strikers on the books.

What Football League club hasn't already got three strikers?

Argyle have Ladapo, Taylor, Joel Grant and Alex Fletcher and still wanted Joe Mason.

Errrm the ..... 'out till next season' Joel Grant? I think that's the point!!

I know what the point of signing Joe Mason was. My point was that there isn't a club in the country that doesn't have 'three strikers on the books', referencing ourselves. We've got two out and out forwards with League One experience and above, then we've got a winger with considerable experience of the position and the young rookie Fletcher who I'm assuming we pay a professional wage. Therefore we've got four strikers 'on the books' and still want Mason, who could play attacking midfield or do a job on either wing.

My initial point was that for Charlton's owner to scupper the deal, Mason must have had considerable terms. The point that came back was that they pulled out because they already had three forwards on the books - I reiterate, what club doesn't? We play with one CF the majority of the time and have four players who have played up front alone for Adams.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pogleswoody":2vtwg79p said:
Larry David":2vtwg79p said:
Who is out there that we may be considering I wonder?

It’s not Friday!! ;)

I don't know but .... is he here yet?? :think:

Aug 4, 2011
Knibbsworth":2hhf2h67 said:
Pogleswoody":2hhf2h67 said:
Pottypilgrim":2hhf2h67 said:
Sad news, really thought it was going to happen. He would have been beloved if he'd have come back.

That said I did think he must have had some demands to make the Charlton owner turn Bowyer down.

Argyle have Ladapo, Taylor, Joel Grant and Alex Fletcher and still wanted Joe Mason.

I know what the point of signing Joe Mason was. My point was that there isn't a club in the country that doesn't have 'three strikers on the books', referencing ourselves. We've got two out and out forwards with League One experience and above, then we've got a winger with considerable experience of the position and the young rookie Fletcher who I'm assuming we pay a professional wage.
You assume incorrectly I'm afraid

C

Cult Of Personality

Don't think we the club that is going to go all out for a player we have a budget and going to stick with it. It's sad because Mason is a good player but has lost his way and injuries have taken there toil. It would of been a risk I would of liked the club to take to see if we could get him back to his early career form but alas its not to be. Club moves on plenty more players out there looking for a club

Sep 2, 2008
Knibbsworth":29ueuv2e said:
Pogleswoody":29ueuv2e said:
Pottypilgrim":29ueuv2e said:

I know what the point of signing Joe Mason was. My point was that there isn't a club in the country that doesn't have 'three strikers on the books', referencing ourselves. We've got two out and out forwards with League One experience and above, then we've got a winger with considerable experience of the position and the young rookie Fletcher who I'm assuming we pay a professional wage. Therefore we've got four strikers 'on the books' and still want Mason, who could play attacking midfield or do a job on either wing.

My initial point was that for Charlton's owner to scupper the deal, Mason must have had considerable terms. The point that came back was that they pulled out because they already had three forwards on the books - I reiterate, what club doesn't? We play with one CF the majority of the time and have four players who have played up front alone for Adams.

I only responded as I did because you were assuming that the reason Charltons owner scuppered the deal was because Mason must have made some considerable terms. I was letting you know that according to reports it wasn't because of that. If his demands were excessive then I'm sure the owner would have said as such rather than saying to Bowyer that he rejected Mason because there were already 3 strikers on their books. The owner obviously feels that 3 strikers is enough otherwise I'm sure he would have suggested that Bowyer look for another cheaper option.

May 22, 2006
Pottypilgrim":15l4k6a2 said:
Knibbsworth":15l4k6a2 said:
Pogleswoody":15l4k6a2 said:
Pottypilgrim":15l4k6a2 said:

I only responded as I did because you were assuming that the reason Charltons owner scuppered the deal was because Mason must have made some considerable terms. I was letting you know that according to reports it wasn't because of that. If his demands were excessive then I'm sure the owner would have said as such rather than saying to Bowyer that he rejected Mason because there were already 3 strikers on their books. The owner obviously feels that 3 strikers is enough otherwise I'm sure he would have suggested that Bowyer look for another cheaper option.

The Charlton owner has been trying to get rid of the club for quite a while. Think he is Belgian and owns clubs elsewhere. He never goes to Charlton matches and bought the club as a business investment. He cannot make money from an English club and is hoping to sell the club asap. Probably the last thing he wants to do now is spend more on player wages. That is not necessarily a reflection of any demands from Mason’s agent.

Mar 14, 2009
We go from excitement, saying it’s would be great to have him back, to rubbishing him because he never signed.

Personally if your getting more money to play football at an ambitious club then good luck to him.

May 16, 2016
I do hope I'm not the only one that wasn't too fussed either way this could have gone. Good if it had bought an extra option in the Season run in, but, the Guy hasn't exactly been in demand for a while, but has decided against us, so, there you go. That, I believe is Football.