Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I must admit I'm all in favour of a man bettering himself and understand the money thing. IF he had gone to Charlton for more money, I get that, but Milton Keynes?????? Surely not Joe.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
JannerinCardiff":3nix5wek said:
Pottypilgrim":3nix5wek said:
JannerinCardiff":3nix5wek said:
Why would you want to go to a team in League 2 which has a decent stadium but only 7,000 fans in it that is soulless.?

We’re going places and will be getting really big crowds next year with the new grandstand. We’ll be one of the best supported in L1 next year.

Aahh the innocence of youth. There's only one thing that matters to footballers and it isn't loyalty. It isn't even about playing regularly. Tom Cruise knows what it is.

Cocktails?

A box to stand on? :think:

Apr 16, 2018
I think there is a good chance that he will sign for us, its all gone very quit from within the club just the way Adams likes to do his business, just trying to agree a deal that suits both parties then hopefully announced in the near future.

Aug 5, 2016
Kevin_Dacombe":f4gfjdqz said:
His choice is whether to play 4th division football for a bit more money or a division higher for a bit less but for his hometown club who he supported through his youth. Sounds like a no brainer for me, why the delay?

What if Argyle offered £2,500 a week, but MK Dons offered £4,750?

His heart may want to come back to Plymouth, his head may want to play a better standard, but the majority of players will not turn down higher money contract offers for smaller ones.

I think Mason would like to see Argyle stretch a bit more to get him, and that is what the delay is over. It's negotiations.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Knibbsworth":3gh27w1o said:
Kevin_Dacombe":3gh27w1o said:
His choice is whether to play 4th division football for a bit more money or a division higher for a bit less but for his hometown club who he supported through his youth. Sounds like a no brainer for me, why the delay?

What if Argyle offered £2,500 a week, but MK Dons offered £4,750?

His heart may want to come back to Plymouth, his head may want to play a better standard, but the majority of players will not turn down higher money contract offers for smaller ones.

I think Mason would like to see Argyle stretch a bit more to get him, and that is what the delay is over. It's negotiations.

You'd think he more than most would know that we won't overstretch ourselves for anyone.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Blimey, either way it’s going to be a serious wage drop for him.

Wolves signed him in the Championship on a long contract, I imagine he must have been on at LEAST 15k a week.

May 16, 2016
Biggs":6dltoak9 said:
Blimey, either way it’s going to be a serious wage drop for him.

Wolves signed him in the Championship on a long contract, I imagine he must have been on at LEAST 15k a week.

Us or MK Dons, I'm sure he'd not struggle to feed himself.

Feb 2, 2007
cheshiregreen":33anfb6o said:
Well money could be a deciding factor, but, as Biggs says Mason will take a huge drop in salary.

His salary at Colorado seems to indicate he has been very well paid recently.

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/colora ... ps-in-mls/

Would appear to be in line with high L1 and Championship salaries so out of our league. Probably just waiting out for a panic purchase from an Ipswich or Reading or even Peterborough to maintain the Yankee dollar. Good luck to the lad, but just hope he gets some game time.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ashburton green":2tvdtew6 said:
I think there is a good chance that he will sign for us, its all gone very quit from within the club just the way Adams likes to do his business, just trying to agree a deal that suits both parties then hopefully announced in the near future.

My thoughts are that Joe wanted to sign for Charlton (which I could understand), but that potential deal collapsed.

I wouldn’t be surprised now if negotiations are going on behind the scenes with his agent.

I think this deal is far from dead. I’m sure Joe doesn’t really want to play for MK franchise in a soulless 3/4 empty ground every other week.

He’d be a hero at Argyle if he helped us back to the championship and I feel we’re starting to go places..

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's likely Wolves would have paid up Mason's contract so in effect he has six months worth of basic wages in his back pocket, not including any bonuses.

So does he want to play for a club where he started his career and is fondly thought of or does he want to hawk himself around to the highest bidder?

It's all becoming a distraction when the focus should be on the players who are actually at the club and playing well.
Hopefully it's sorted one way or another within a few days.