Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Biggs":10cpyvdt said:
God, that would be hard to take.

But that's where we are. I am sure there is a certain non-league club, if not two, that could outbid us easily with our current investment structure. Football in 2019 is all about what the owners are willing to invest (sometimes whether they have it to invest or not)

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
IJN":1nqodlng said:
I've heard Milton Keynes have made a decent offer.
Why make do with concrete cows, when you can come home & see & smell real ones.

Jul 14, 2008
Just went and had a look at the Mk Dons equivalent of Pasoti and it turns out it’s called ‘Sit down or we’ll steal your club’. Classy

Oct 14, 2015
Be disappointed if it is MKD but can’t help thinking this rumour started by someone winding us up cause of who their manager is?

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Kevin_Dacombe":bful0saf said:
His choice is whether to play 4th division football for a bit more money or a division higher for a bit less but for his hometown club who he supported through his youth. Sounds like a no brainer for me, why the delay?

I think it is a little more complicated than that. Surely the critical thing for Mason will be how often he actually gets to play. He might well prefer to drop to League 2 with MK (with a decent chance of League 1 football next season) if he gets straight into the starting line-up and gets to play regularly than to join Argyle in League 1 but have no obvious route into the starting line-up (he might replace Sarcevic but I can't imagine that he would oust Carey or Lameiras).

(I have no idea about the MK squad so it might be that they don't offer an immediate route to the starting line-up either. My point is simply than money, location and level may all count but so to will his perception of how much he will get to play or how easily he will force his way into the team. After all, when he joined Portsmouth he probably thought he would be a regular starter and that didn't work out so well).

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Argyle Nutter":329qtnox said:
IJN":329qtnox said:

Exciting prospect for a 27-year-old :lol:

Maybe show him the new IMAX cinema instead, which actually looks a bit like a cow...

Sep 2, 2008
Think Adams has been very clever in announcing he's offered a deal to Mason. Trying to use everything in his power to get Mason here; even the fans perception of Mason if he elects for another club, especially one in league 2. His agent is going to have to come up with some decent spin if Mason doesn't come here.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Why would you want to go to a team in League 2 which has a decent stadium but only 7,000 fans in it that is soulless.? They are in a slump performance wise at the mo as well, whereas we’re making progress.

We’re going places and will be getting really big crowds next year with the new grandstand. We’ll be one of the best supported in L1 next year.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pottypilgrim":84v9gu1d said:
Think Adams has been very clever in announcing he's offered a deal to Mason. Trying to use everything in his power to get Mason here; even the fans perception of Mason if he elects for another club, especially one in league 2. His agent is going to have to come up with some decent spin if Mason doesn't come here.

Basically if Joe Mason chooses MK franchise over us it about one thing and one thing only. Money. An ugly word.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":32nj5w4l said:
Why would you want to go to a team in League 2 which has a decent stadium but only 7,000 fans in it that is soulless.?

We’re going places and will be getting really big crowds next year with the new grandstand. We’ll be one of the best supported in L1 next year.

Money and / or a desire not to go back to a previous club and / or proximity to friends and / or desire not to spend half his life on the A38 and M5 in a bus.

Sep 2, 2008
JannerinCardiff":uq82yfuz said:
Why would you want to go to a team in League 2 which has a decent stadium but only 7,000 fans in it that is soulless.?

Aahh the innocence of youth. There's only one thing that matters to footballers and it isn't loyalty. It isn't even about playing regularly. Tom Cruise knows what it is.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Biggs":3jhy9xv5 said:
Argyle Nutter":3jhy9xv5 said:
IJN":3jhy9xv5 said:

Exciting prospect for a 27-year-old :lol:

Maybe show him the new IMAX cinema instead, which actually looks a bit like a cow...
Surely you mean a pigs ear not cow.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pottypilgrim":6imtkvhv said:
JannerinCardiff":6imtkvhv said:

Aahh the innocence of youth. There's only one thing that matters to footballers and it isn't loyalty. It isn't even about playing regularly. Tom Cruise knows what it is.

Cocktails?