Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
My view is that the longer it takes the more I feel that we’re negotiating with Joe and his agent. No source, just my gut feeling..

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If MK are willing to pay 6k a week then we’re going to struggle.

My guess is we could get to just over half of that figure and we’ve gone in lower, hence the probable delay with us negotiating. Only a hunch but I’d like to think we are Joes preferred club but naturally his agent is trying to get the best deal for him.

Like someone else has said, no news is good news right now. If it was dead in the water we would have heard that by now.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Tugboat":3p86t30j said:
If MK are willing to pay 6k a week then we’re going to struggle.

My guess is we could get to just over half of that figure and we’ve gone in lower, hence the probable delay with us negotiating. Only a hunch but I’d like to think we are Joes preferred club but naturally his agent is trying to get the best deal for him.

Like someone else has said, no news is good news right now. If it was dead in the water we would have heard that by now.

Joe's agent is probably trying to get the best deal for himself....just plain bloodsuckers....sifting away money from the game.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Absolutely absurd that a league two team would pay £6k a week for a player. Would Tisdale offer that much for a player?

I'd hazard that we could probably offer him in the region of £2-3k a week.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Emu":3s9r3vdm said:
Absolutely absurd that a league two team would pay £6k a week for a player. Would Tisdale offer that much for a player?

I'd hazard that we could probably offer him in the region of £2-3k a week.

It’s surely unsustainable for a club that averages 7k a week?

I would think we’ve probably gone in around that figure with slight room for negotiations based on performance related bonus’s and length of contract.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I've been to that bowl and I'm pretty sure they lie about attendances. Take their announcement and half it and you'd be closer.

Mar 8, 2016
To be honest, these figures being thrown about have been pulled straight out of someone’s rear hoop and now are apparently fact. As tugboat said above surely unsustainable for mk dons, just can’t see them offering that amount of money. I certainly hope argyle are not offering anything near 6-7k it’s ridiculous, would prefer to save that budget in retaining Carey and lamires.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Army green":2w6a0wwg said:
To be honest, these figures being thrown about have been pulled straight out of someone’s rear hoop and now are apparently fact. As tugboat said above surely unsustainable for mk dons, just can’t see them offering that amount of money. I certainly hope argyle are not offering anything near 6-7k it’s ridiculous, would prefer to save that budget in retaining Carey and lamires.

Agree with that. Invest in known quality.

Aug 5, 2016
MK Dons have Kieran Agard and I imagine he will be on similar money to what Joe Mason has reportedly been offered.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Knibbsworth":1rr8pqwq said:
Kevin_Dacombe":1rr8pqwq said:
His choice is whether to play 4th division football for a bit more money or a division higher for a bit less but for his hometown club who he supported through his youth. Sounds like a no brainer for me, why the delay?

What if Argyle offered £2,500 a week, but MK Dons offered £4,750?

His heart may want to come back to Plymouth, his head may want to play a better standard, but the majority of players will not turn down higher money contract offers for smaller ones.

I think Mason would like to see Argyle stretch a bit more to get him, and that is what the delay is over. It's negotiations.

I guess it comes down to if he does actually want to play for Argyle / live in Plymouth again at this point in his career. In 8 years time, he will be retired and able to live here if he so wishes.

Using Knibbs wages above as a gauge, if MK Dons offer 2k per week more than us - after tax Joe would be looking at a take home uplift of 1k? 50k per year or 75k over the 18month contract supposedly offered. Not massive really for someone who isn't short of a bob or two (based on Colorado salary if correct). I don't think a 1-2k per week salary variance for someone who has earned what Joe has would be a deal breaker. If we are talking 10k vs 2k then fair enough.

D

deanthegreenmachine

Doesn't bother me at all, were safe and gonna finish mid table, he`s had no game time, and the squad is doing just fine, rather we saved the money to keep the quality and backbone to the side we have , and add next season..

Dec 30, 2011
deanthegreenmachine":17i4e146 said:
Doesn't bother me at all, were safe and gonna finish mid table, he`s had no game time, and the squad is doing just fine, rather we saved the money to keep the quality and backbone to the side we have , and add next season..

safe - a few points clear of bottom 4 ?

As well as we are playing at present, that is due to Adams at last finding something near his best team and having those players available. A few key players out with injury or suspension and we could slip back down again.

Jan 27, 2012
deanthegreenmachine":d52b2xic said:

I take it you are joking ? Only 4 points off a relegation place.

Far from being safe.

Precarious would be a better description. Lose the next game and the table will look a lot different.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’ve got a good feeling about this.

Probably means he won’t sign tbh but I think he needs a club like us more than we need a player like him.