January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 36 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Justin":zyb9f74o said:
oldage":zyb9f74o said:
Don't you mean barring a miracle we're getting relegated.

Being that we’re the most in form team in the league, that’s about as glass-half-empty as it gets.
Agree I think we will finish comfortably mid-table, which would be acceptable having been bottom.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
r4h4al":3veedyi0 said:
Agree I think we will finish comfortably mid-table, which would be acceptable having been bottom.

I think we will struggle an possibly just manage to stay up.

I also think it is unacceptable that we have been bottom, or even in the relegation zone for most of the season.

Having won four on the trot I can now see us losing at least three on the trot if not more.

No points from Wycombe, Posh, and Pompey, and possibly also Bradford.

Jan 19, 2019
We won't go down but we won't get near the play offs either, the gap is too much. Unless we win 90 percent of matches until May.

So back on planet earth Argyle land on midtable obscurity.

Hope Adams learns the lessons of two slow starts and we challenge next year.

Jan 18, 2007
Very underwhelming, but when you have clubs in league one spending four million on a journeyman like Grigg what hope have Argyle got? If I was in a position at Argyle I would be asking questions of the league and the FA about FFP. How are clubs like Pompus and Lootown affording these squads? We are punished because are club is run with financial responsibility, is that fair? Would we have been better of going bust and being in non league? GUTTED. C

Aug 5, 2005
chichestergreen":2lh2sywh said:
Very underwhelming, but when you have clubs in league one spending four million on a journeyman like Grigg what hope have Argyle got? If I was in a position at Argyle I would be asking questions of the league and the FA about FFP. How are clubs like Pompus and Lootown affording these squads? We are punished because are club is run with financial responsibility, is that fair? Would we have been better of going bust and being in non league? GUTTED. C

FFP is there to stop clubs borrowing money on the hope of getting promotion and going bust if they don't. It's to make sure clubs don't spend beyond their means.

However, there is nothing in FFP to stop chairmen gifting money to the club. There is a clause that a club can get as much money as they like as long as it doesn't have to be paid back, even if the benefactor leaves the club.

Apr 21, 2007
What a shocking window! We have let go of more players than we brought in. Peter Grant did well when he was in the team. We have replaced him with someone who has only made 63 career appearances in total. We have left ourselves with only 2 strikers as well. I'm sure we were told that there was money available for the window.

I hope the board aren't just thinking we will be safe and that will do. We still have to play the top 8 teams in the league yet. We have the top 4 to play at home and the next 4 to play away. It won't be easy. The board are taking a massive gamble if they are simply thinking that because we had a good run that we will certainly be safe. Hopefully we will be fine but what a dissappointing transfer window. (Not that I'm surprised)

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
chichestergreen":1oe0h27m said:
True. The FA need to look at Pompy, Luton and Sunderland etc.

Apr 21, 2007
r4h4al":3g2f6eo9 said:
Darrenpafc":3g2f6eo9 said:
We have left ourselves with only 2 strikers as well.
But we have only used 2 strikers all season, so why is that suddenly a problem?

We did have Dyson as well. I know he hasn't played but at least we had him in case he was needed. What happens now if Taylor gets injured again?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Darrenpafc":1cvcbnle said:
r4h4al":1cvcbnle said:
Darrenpafc":1cvcbnle said:

We did have Dyson as well. I know he hasn't played but at least we had him in case he was needed. What happens now if Taylor gets injured again?
Ladapo will have to play every minute? There's also Joel Grant who counts as a CF.

Aug 5, 2005
r4h4al":2fxv6zcp said:
Darrenpafc":2fxv6zcp said:
r4h4al":2fxv6zcp said:
Darrenpafc":2fxv6zcp said:

Ladapo will have to play every minute? There's also Joel Grant who counts as a striker.

Jephcott too. And I believe Fletcher is due back from his loan

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We kept our best players in Lameiras, Carey and Ladapo so in that respect it was a good transfer window.
Also Arsenal didn't recall Macey so he's here for the rest of the season.

In terms of signing players it's been a poor window.
The time to build squads is in the summer but in our case too many average players were signed in the summer so January was a time to rectify the mistakes made in the summer.

Apart from watching and winning matches signing new players is what excites fans but there's been no excitement in this window, although Threlkeld returning was welcome.

I can understand Adams being cautious and not wasting money and the player facilities are not the best at the moment.

I just hope we don't look back in May after being relegated and realise the lack of transfer activity in January cost us a place in League One.

There's always free agents ......

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Alex Fletcher (not out on loan) has scored more goals than Dyson in SWPL etc. Jephcott is also capable of scoring if played as a striker.
That’s how Rashford got his chance by grasping an opportunity when it arose.
They are a year older than when they performed so well against Man City, Burnley and Fulham U23’s last year.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3lwsvlzn said:
We kept our best players in Lameiras, Carey and Ladapo so in that respect it was a good transfer window.
Also Arsenal didn't recall Macey so he's here for the rest of the season.

In terms of signing players it's been a poor window.
The time to build squads is in the summer but in our case too many average players were signed in the summer so January was a time to rectify the mistakes made in the summer.

Apart from watching and winning matches signing new players is what excites fans but there's been no excitement in this window, although Threlkeld returning was welcome.

I can understand Adams being cautious and not wasting money and the player facilities are not the best at the moment.

I just hope we don't look back in May after being relegated and realise the lack of transfer activity in January cost us a place in League One.

There's always free agents ......

This.