January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 35 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

May 29, 2011
Bristol
This is almost certainly meaningless but Garita has posted on his Instagram page that he hopes to be back at Argyle very soon. Probably a non story and probably no better than what we already have.

Nov 22, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":11yrvvn9 said:
Top half finish, crikey?

With Peterborough, Portsmouth, Luton and Sunderland in our next 6 fixtures we will do well to stay out of the bottom four let alone get 12th and above. I'm just being realistic.

Agreed I will 100% support the team at the games and never moan or boo when I'm there but this bizrre belief of some that the squad that has been dancing around the bottom 4 all season are good enough to be in the top half at least need a reality check, if we finish 5th from bottom I will be thrilled

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think what we have will be sufficient to keep us up but think a top half finish is a tall order. I am still to be convinced that Jones and Threlkeld have strengthened us much when both have hardly played any football all season.

Sep 6, 2006
Green Giant":n2r3ia2f said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":n2r3ia2f said:
Top half finish, crikey?

With Peterborough, Portsmouth, Luton and Sunderland in our next 6 fixtures we will do well to stay out of the bottom four let alone get 12th and above. I'm just being realistic.

Agreed I will 100% support the team at the games and never moan or boo when I'm there but this bizrre belief of some that the squad that has been dancing around the bottom 4 all season are good enough to be in the top half at least need a reality check, if we finish 5th from bottom I will be thrilled

Never moan! Blimey you are a saint mate. Our form since October has probably been mid table so I dont think its that impossible. Just needs another 4 game winning run...

Sep 6, 2006
Sidewinder":n5at7lmf said:
This is almost certainly meaningless but Garita has posted on his Instagram page that he hopes to be back at Argyle very soon. Probably a non story and probably no better than what we already have.

My God I hope not. Worse than what we already have!

P

PAFC Galactico

I can’t believe that we have only signed 2 players this window, all I can say is thank god we won those 4 games in a row as this is going to be a long road to the end of the season. Teams around us seem to be strengthening left, right and centre. I’m sure DA knew about Oscar coming back weeks before the window opened so it’s taken a whole month to sign a centre back, well done Argyle.

Oct 31, 2015
Nobby":1c3t9l2l said:
justanotherfan":1c3t9l2l said:
Nobby":1c3t9l2l said:
RSP4 - why are you wetting your pants tonight? Surely just wait 24 hours. If we get a few bodies in tomorrow your gonna look like a bit of a bellend.

Somebody called Nobby calling another poster a bell end, you couldn`t make it up. :twisted:

I enjoy irony :whistle:

Besides, I didn't call him a bellend. I said he might look like one if we get a few bodies in. As it happens, he may end up being right. But we'll see, 3 hours left.

Oh well as I said over to DA now to use the players he has to keep us up.

Still a pathetic window and he offloads some of his summer signings all ready.

DA over to you

Jul 12, 2016
Wouldn't be surprised if Adams was only looking at new players to appease the fans.I cannot believe that nearly all the players he approached turned us down.
Despite our lack of finance and supposedly unattractive location we are still a division one club with a fan base the envy of a lot of clubs. Even Walsall have signed 8 players!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
oldage":13c8yfr8 said:
Wouldn't be surprised if Adams was only looking at new players to appease the fans.I cannot believe that nearly all the players he approached turned us down.
Despite our lack of finance and supposedly unattractive location we are still a division one club with a fan base the envy of a lot of clubs. Even Walsall have signed 8 players!

Walsall's advantage is their Central England location, which allows them to get players, who have no need to live away from their families, if a 90 min drive gets them to the Bescot each day

Mar 16, 2009
London
PMPilgrim":psuf4zi7 said:
Yes. And look how long it takes to bed in new players. We’ve seen it two seasons in a row. Just maybe things are starting to gel and we don’t need more new faces.

Good point. Much better to save and spend in the Summer. We’re not getting relegated and barring a miracle are unlikely to be extending our season either.

Jan 19, 2019
PMPilgrim":faeb8590 said:
Yes. And look how long it takes to bed in new players. We’ve seen it two seasons in a row. Just maybe things are starting to gel and we don’t need more new faces.

If he's a quality player he should slot right in. It's when you get crap players there's issues.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
All I will say is where did signing a shed load of players in the summer get us? Nowhere quickly that's for sure . Hopefully we are in the process of turning the corner and Jones along with Threlkeld are will turn out to be decent additions.

Lest we forget Grant and Ness are almost fit to add competition for places. We have retained the services of Ruben Graham and Freddie in spite of Sunderland and Portsmouth sniffing around.

I promise you I'm no green tint, I like to think I'm a pragmatist and have been a supporter for fifty years, are we good enough with the squad we have to challenge for promotion? No way. Are we good enough to stay up? Absolutely.

Mar 16, 2009
London
oldage":3zelbk0p said:
Don't you mean barring a miracle we're getting relegated.

Being that we’re the most in form team in the league, that’s about as glass-half-empty as it gets.