January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 37 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pretty poor window imo.

Was it effected by our little resurgence? I think so.

Lloyd replacing Grant and Oscar back in a new position won’t change things I’m afraid.

The cards have been dealt, let’s play and see where we finish

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
PL2 3DQ":qvmvqcs1 said:
We kept our best players in Lameiras, Carey and Ladapo so in that respect it was a good transfer window.
Also Arsenal didn't recall Macey so he's here for the rest of the season.

In terms of signing players it's been a poor window.
The time to build squads is in the summer but in our case too many average players were signed in the summer so January was a time to rectify the mistakes made in the summer.

Apart from watching and winning matches signing new players is what excites fans but there's been no excitement in this window, although Threlkeld returning was welcome.

I can understand Adams being cautious and not wasting money and the player facilities are not the best at the moment.

I just hope we don't look back in May after being relegated and realise the lack of transfer activity in January cost us a place in League One.

There's always free agents ......

As always this is all speculation. Yes, it has not been a good window in terms of incomings but as you say, we have held onto a few. Adams clearly missed out on a lot, and has said that. If that’s the case, and that may well not be the clubs fault if others are offering silly money or better located for particular players, i just don’t think Adams is the sort to bring in fillers just to make up the numbers. If players didn’t come because we can’t offer terms that others are doing in order to stay financially prudent, what do we want the club to do? As you say and I agree, I understand the caution. But whatever way you dress it, we have appeared to fail to strengthen.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I see Joe Mason’s contract has been terminated by mutual consent!

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Very pleased to see Carey and Ruben still with us. Agree with others, a risk now if Ladapo and Taylor are both injured, as Fletcher and Grant unfortunately didn’t work out at the end of last season when Taylor was injured. Joe Mason would be the answer, but sadly how on earth could we compete with others on wages.

May 8, 2011
Tynan One Nil":1il23hww said:
Very pleased to see Carey and Ruben still with us. Agree with others, a risk now if Ladapo and Taylor are both injured, as Fletcher and Grant unfortunately didn’t work out at the end of last season when Taylor was injured. Joe Mason would be the answer, but sadly how on earth could we compete with others on wages.

Very true, Argyle spoke to a League 2 player who wages requested would have made him the highest paid player at Argyle, considerably more than all existing players.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
HC Green":2qk15lir said:
Tynan One Nil":2qk15lir said:

Very true, Argyle spoke to a League 2 player who wages requested would have made him the highest paid player at Argyle, considerably more than all existing players.

At least that hopefully shows we are trying to improve on what we’ve got and not get more of the same.

May 21, 2015
signalspast":2rquof9b said:
Could joe mason play for another club though with the two club rule.foe this season

Wonder whether it's ok as he was outside Europe.
I personally would love him to take the pay cut and join us but it wont happen. Other teams with more $$$ will get him.

Apr 9, 2011
Back in the day we were always a team that floated between 2nd & 3rd tier ,but i can't really see us getting back to the championship any time soon. To exist in the Championship nowadays takes far more in the way of finances than we could ever have dreamt of when we were there, or we can muster now. Money more than ever now drives the game & with our budgets it looks like we will float around the middle of lge 1 with maybe the odd flirtation with the play offs. Its sad but IMO its something we are going to have to get used too

Mar 23, 2008
justanotherfan":1nd4k1g2 said:
PL2 3DQ":1nd4k1g2 said:
We kept our best players in Lameiras, Carey and Ladapo so in that respect it was a good transfer window.

The time to build squads is in the summer but in our case too many average players were signed in the summer so January was a time to rectify the mistakes made in the summer.

Apart from watching and winning matches signing new players is what excites fans but there's been no excitement in this window, although Threlkeld returning was welcome.

I can understand Adams being cautious and not wasting money and the player facilities are not the best at the moment.

I just hope we don't look back in May after being relegated and realise the lack of transfer activity in January cost us a place in League One.

This.
I think Edwards coming back to form and Canavan starting to get into his stride has swayed Adams not to do too much. It's a massive risk though, Canavan does seem to pick up frequent injuries and i still think we are very weak at CB. The feeling is that hopefully we can get away with it rather than being positive we can move forwards, so not a great position to be in.

Apr 9, 2011
Deacster":10qrusnv said:
justanotherfan":10qrusnv said:
PL2 3DQ":10qrusnv said:

This.
I think Edwards coming back to form and Canavan starting to get into his stride has swayed Adams not to do too much. It's a massive risk though, Canavan does seem to pick up frequent injuries and i still think we are very weak at CB. The feeling is that hopefully we can get away with it rather than being positive we can move forwards, so not a great position to be in.
Yep agree entirely. Didnt think for a moment Arsenal would recall Macey should think they will be glad to get rid !

Apr 29, 2016
Forest of Dean Green":1e8uq5xm said:
Steve Evans":1e8uq5xm said:
IJN":1e8uq5xm said:
i would love to get joe back here.

Would he? Just to get some game time?

Saw him and chatted at Pompey when he joined them on loan. I was watching the Wolves Twitter account last night wondering whether there was going to be an announcement last night about him going to Argyle but gave up at 11. Would be good for us if we could even get him until the end of the season. He may want to get himself noticed again a bit like Toums did with us.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
philmeboots":1uz5sf7m said:
Forest of Dean Green":1uz5sf7m said:
Steve Evans":1uz5sf7m said:
IJN":1uz5sf7m said:
i would love to get joe back here.

Would he? Just to get some game time?

Saw him and chatted at Pompey when he joined them on loan. I was watching the Wolves Twitter account last night wondering whether there was going to be an announcement last night about him going to Argyle but gave up at 11. Would be good for us if we could even get him until the end of the season. He may want to get himself noticed again a bit like Toums did with us.

Mason has decided against rejoining us.