January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 34 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Mar 14, 2009
We needed a defender. We got one. Whether he is better than what we have we will have to wait and see. The fact he apprantely is quick and good in the air, according to Adams, is a good thing. Then l wonder with those attributes and Luton pushing for promotion why won’t Luton wouldn’t want to keep him?

Anyhow, Adams has caused the mess in the first place by the number of players he brings in and doesn’t even give a chance to. We really don’t know how good or bad P Clarke, Ainsworth, Dyson ...(the list goes on) is because he never gave them a real first team opportunity. He rather pick the same players who were getting hammered week in, week out bar one or two changes. So he has wasted a hell of a lot of money.

I’m not disappointed with the window apart from we badly needed a physical, energetic presence in midfield. Oscar inclusion may help but he isn’t the solution.

Anyhow as I see it we stay up Adams keeps his job. We go down then it’s time for a fresh change because after years under him we would be back to where we started on the field, league 2.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d sum up our business in the transfer window as ok. We rebuffed attempts for other clubs to sign our top goalscorer and kept the likes of Carey and Lameiras.

We let go some of our players surplus to requirements and we signed 2 defensive players both of which I think are good enough for this level.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Nobby":3d2cd7jw said:
RSP4 - why are you wetting your pants tonight? Surely just wait 24 hours. If we get a few bodies in tomorrow your gonna look like a bit of a bellend.

Somebody called Nobby calling another poster a bell end, you couldn`t make it up. :twisted:

Apr 1, 2009
JannerinCardiff":2s7rpo20 said:
I’d sum up our business in the transfer window as ok. We rebuffed attempts for other clubs to sign our top goalscorer and kept the likes of Carey and Lameiras.

We let go some of our players surplus to requirements and we signed 2 defensive players both of which I think are good enough for this level.

How much have you seen (in recent times) of Lloyd Jones to make that judgement? I haven't a clue whether he is good enough for this level or not, because I haven't seen him.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
justanotherfan":1ifdtgzt said:
Nobby":1ifdtgzt said:
RSP4 - why are you wetting your pants tonight? Surely just wait 24 hours. If we get a few bodies in tomorrow your gonna look like a bit of a bellend.

Somebody called Nobby calling another poster a bell end, you couldn`t make it up. :twisted:

I enjoy irony :whistle:

Besides, I didn't call him a bellend. I said he might look like one if we get a few bodies in. As it happens, he may end up being right. But we'll see, 3 hours left.

Nov 22, 2006
It's all very well saying we got rid of deadwood but I feel in the final 3rd we are light in numbers as we were at this point last season, what happens if Ladapo Or Taylor or both get injured between now and the end of the season ? It's not out of the question, and Lameiras is in form at the moment but is temperamental and his form could quickly disappear, and Carey hasn't found his form all season :s Joel Grant is an alternative option but I don't see him as an match winner week in week out, Sarcevic and Ness offer help going forward but are both in and out with injuries on a regular basis, Jephcott is still learning the game and will be a good forward player at this level but not yet and Ainsworth no faith in what so ever and quite clearly neither does Adams

So in conclusion we are in a relegation dog fight despite some seem to want to ignore the fact because we won 4 games in a row, and I feel we should have added to our attacking options not depleted them so no I am not satisfied

Jul 12, 2016
Unfortunately ,we, the fans cannot do anything about it. The transfer window is similar to the close season with fans anticipation high only to be dashed when the reality kicks in. We are not an attractive proposition to potential transfer targets.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Green Giant":jdynstb9 said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/january/window-challenges/

The last paragraph confirmation from the club that there will be no more movement today

Well, it's not. Because since his conversation with Wotton we've signed a player. So I really don't know how you've interpreted that to mean confirmation business is done.

Aug 5, 2016
hoovermelon":2pvm6jki said:
Biggs":2pvm6jki said:
Am I the only one who's fairly content with what we have?

We needed quality defensive reinforcement and we got it, along with the emergence (and reemergence) of Canavan, ASB and Edwards.

We're going to stay up, next summer and beyond is where we can really push forward with signings. With a new grandstand to fund and impress new additions.

Utterly disappointing window, which was billed as a key part to our survival hopes

Quality defensive reinforcement?

Jones is arguably no better than what we already have who has played very little football and we can't afford any time for him to get up to speed

And Threlkeld who no doubt is a good player, is not yet really fully match fit and hasn't kicked a ball for us yet since signing

So I would say its been a diabolical window with Adams bleating on about missed targets as fully expected

Diabolical window? Are you for real?

We've kept ALL of our good players. We've turned down bids for our top scorer.

We've signed Threlkeld and Jones, strengthening in defence and midfield.

We've moved Dyson away who hopefully might discover some inspiration (and come back fired up in the summer), and moved Grant on who is evidently surplus to requirements.

What were you expecting, bids for Tom Eaves and Ronan Curtis? We're well on course to stay up this season with this squad, if not secure a top half finish.

Nov 22, 2006
Nobby":cythjp2t said:
Green Giant":cythjp2t said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/january/window-challenges/

The last paragraph confirmation from the club that there will be no more movement today

Well, it's not. Because since his conversation with Wotton we've signed a player. So I really don't know how you've interpreted that to mean confirmation business is done.

well you can expect and wait for another signing if you like but I think the club releasing this story before the window is over because if there is another coming the could of left Adams summing up the transfer window until tomorrow before putting it on official site, is there way of saying no more business to be seen here

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Knibbsworth":3iriotwu said:
hoovermelon":3iriotwu said:
Biggs":3iriotwu said:
Am I the only one who's fairly content with what we have?

We needed quality defensive reinforcement and we got it, along with the emergence (and reemergence) of Canavan, ASB and Edwards.

We're going to stay up, next summer and beyond is where we can really push forward with signings. With a new grandstand to fund and impress new additions.

Utterly disappointing window, which was billed as a key part to our survival hopes

Quality defensive reinforcement?

Jones is arguably no better than what we already have who has played very little football and we can't afford any time for him to get up to speed

And Threlkeld who no doubt is a good player, is not yet really fully match fit and hasn't kicked a ball for us yet since signing

So I would say its been a diabolical window with Adams bleating on about missed targets as fully expected

Diabolical window? Are you for real?

We've kept ALL of our good players. We've turned down bids for our top scorer.

We've signed Threlkeld and Jones, strengthening in defence and midfield.

We've moved Dyson away who hopefully might discover some inspiration (and come back fired up in the summer), and moved Grant on who is evidently surplus to requirements.

What were you expecting, bids for Tom Eaves and Ronan Curtis? We're well on course to stay up this season with this squad, if not secure a top half finish.

Yep I'm for real

If you think signing a player who has not played a single first team game for a team in the same division as we are is going to make us stronger than fair enough

The players we've moved on have freed up wages we could have used on other players but haven't been

I was expecting bids for players who would make us stronger and as Adams says we have missed out on quite a few of these

Even Adams himself has said he's disappointed with the window

An based on the fact that up until 5 games ago we were appalling and its pretty much the same team now, we could return to that form very quickly

On course to stay up?

Other teams have strengthend more than we have

Lets hope your right as it could well Come back to bite us ion the arse

Mar 14, 2009
Top half finish, crikey?

With Peterborough, Portsmouth, Luton and Sunderland in our next 6 fixtures we will do well to stay out of the bottom four let alone get 12th and above. I'm just being realistic.