Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Neilz5419":ihs3su0g said:
LeonTheGreen":ihs3su0g said:
gariboldi":ihs3su0g said:
In truth he isn't top half of Div 1 or Championshio quality. End of. We must get players in who are capable of getting us out of this division.

We can't afford players that are capable of getting us out of this division. One player who can left for Fleetwood. ( I don't blame Argyle for that) people have got to realise we haven't got the finances to compete with play off sides in this division. Blackburn and Wigan are the standard of player you need to get out of league one. Unfortunately we are miles away from spending anything like that. Reality check needed for some.

Shrewsbury haven’t got players like Wigan and Blackburn?

Correct. They haven't. Their fans didn't even expect to be chasing promotion. However Bradford, Scunthorpe and Peterborough are all sides who have spent a fair amount on their squads to be in the position they are in. Bradford for example have signed 3/4 players in the last few days! We just don't have the finances to compete at the top in my opinion.

Fortunately we have a shrewd manager who wasn't exactly working with wad of cash at Ross County so you never know.

Feb 8, 2005
Beyton_Green":1wv7yugj said:
Biggs":1wv7yugj said:
So what about the last 20 games where we’ve been fifth in the form table?

Just imagine what a little bit of investment and ambition could achieve

Just imagine what a little bit of patience could achieve.

We're not ready for anything other than consolidation.

You need to rein your over ambition in a little.

Dec 3, 2005
Seems like Argyle are strengthening other teams.

Sorry to see Jake leave the club - scored some great and important goals for us.

Dec 2, 2010
Clearly Luton weren't prepared to pay £125K in the summer.

Anyway, good luck JJ and hope the move turns out to be a good one.

Mar 23, 2008
Gutted to see it confirmed, hope the move works out for him and has been a good servant for us. Think we will miss his goal threat and pace and amazed he's gone with no replacement, leaves us seriously light up top.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":m4rcy15n said:
macleanie":m4rcy15n said:
Jervis reached double figures in both of his last 2 seasons, regardless of whether he wouldve reached that this season or not... he was a goal scorer. Goals win you games. We have lost one with no replacement as it currently stands.

How people can talk about money and his contract running out as an excuse dumbfounds me. If he's part of our squad, sub or not, he has the ability to score goals. Important goals, that's something has has done and is now missing from the squad. Grant and Ainsworth have not proven they can achieve what Jervis has.

Seriously....When exactly did Jervis prove he is a good forward at league one level?

He hasn’t been near the side since we been playing well. Some of the best football we seen under Adams and he isn’t in the team which says to me we were a better team without him.

Exactly.
Hope none of you guys are business men. 125k for a player who would be off in 3 months for free and is not in the team. What's not to like?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i am disappointed jake has left but this is very good business for a bloke who would walk at the end of the season.well done argyle and much respect to jake. :clap:

Jul 18, 2011
Yes, you’re right there. Adams has sold dozens of players so far. There’s Purrington, Jervis and.....

I’m amazed he has been here so long, look at his career record and the number of clubs he has had so far.

As to goal threat, he has scored 4 from 20 starts this season. The much maligned Grant has 3 from the same number.

Sep 6, 2006
Abbotts Ann Green":3to6sney said:
Yes, you’re right there. Adams has sold dozens of players so far. There’s Purrington, Jervis and.....

I’m amazed he has been here so long, look at his career record and the number of clubs he has had so far.

As to goal threat, he has scored 4 from 20 starts this season. The much maligned Grant has 3 from the same number.

Pity clubs weren't queueing up for Grant too.