Incoming… (Ryan Broom from Peterborough) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming… (Ryan Broom from Peterborough)

Jun 27, 2019
Potentially another George Cooper scenario, where we’ll have a option to buy included. He’s still got another year on his deal after this season, so this isn’t there last chance to sell and if he succeeds here, there’s a good chance we buy.
We didn't have an option to buy GC. At the end of his loan he went back to Peterborough and they proceeded to play their games all summer before eventually accepting a much smaller fee than they originally wanted.

Ironically, Peterborough needed to dump Cooper to get back inside the salary cap after signing none other than... Ryan Broom.

Peterborough blinked first on that occasion and it looks like Argyle have played a blinder once again by being patient enough to get their man on a deal that works for them.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Great addition. Very good for Cheltenham. Didn't really push on after moving to Posh last season, but was trying to get into a very good side.
Exactly the type that I've been clamoring for, to slot in as first choice to that right-sided central midfield position.
Another striker and then we're still looking lean but ok going into the season, with a squad of 22.

Reactions: philevs
Sep 6, 2006
Great signing … pleased with this one, and gives us more options on the right side of the pitch … this signing is interesting as it leads me to thinking that George Cooper won’t be tried out at RM given we’ve now 3 players that can play there in Camara, Grant and now Broom.
Why would gc be tried RM? Dont understand

Reactions: monkeywrench
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
We didn't have an option to buy GC. At the end of his loan he went back to Peterborough and they proceeded to play their games all summer before eventually accepting a much smaller fee than they originally wanted.

Ironically, Peterborough needed to dump Cooper to get back inside the salary cap after signing none other than... Ryan Broom.

Peterborough blinked first on that occasion and it looks like Argyle have played a blinder once again by being patient enough to get their man on a deal that works for them.
We did have the option to buy, but it expired in the January window. We clearly felt we could do a better deal at seasons end.

Judging by Twitter, looks like Salford were sniffing round Broom as well.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
No doubt he will brush up his skillset with us & sweep aside his opponents as he looks to clean up in midfield alongside Pan - you could call them little & large (i am talking height wise)

Jun 27, 2019
We've got a right-footer on the left so it would make sense to have a left-footer on the right.

I'm not sure RL would go for it, though. Having DM and GC in the same midfield would be risky even by his standards.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Why wouldn’t he? He’s two footed and can shoot with either foot and would complement Danny Mayor on the left. We all know he’s not the best defensively so I think his best position is in midfield.

Reactions: greensalt

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
He runs into some good positions, and fast. A nice video here. (I failed to post it) but google Ryan Broom and the first video is

Ryan Broom's 2019/20 season goals so far​

Last edited:
Reactions: davie nine