Incoming… (Ryan Broom from Peterborough) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming… (Ryan Broom from Peterborough)

Mar 14, 2009
Argyle lack real pace in the wide areas. This could be solved by slightly tinkering with the team.

However, we needed a creative player in the final third. Let’s hope Broom adds this to our team in terms of end product.

The problem is where does he play in a 3-1-4-2? If you play him instead of Camara you lose the energy and work rate in central midfield. Nobody will shift Mayor from the other CM birth.

If Lowe played a 3-4-3, he could play Houghton and Randell/Camara in central midfield.

Yes you lose a forward but then can play Mayor, Cooper or Broom further forward and slightly off the forward helping giving us width and pace.

Have to see how Broom plays but my concern is the lack of cover in central midfield if both Mayor and Broom play centrally.

Jun 5, 2021
Agreed we need a stiker and I see Lee Novak has been released by Bradford. His fans sing:
"we've got Novak
we've got dirty carpets
we've got Novak"

No problem at Argyle as we have a pan and a broom to sweep them!
Sorry - must do better next time.

• Haha
Reactions: BojanTheGreat

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Hopefully, Ryan Broom will provide the danger from the right side and take some pressure off Danny Mayor on the left.
I am expecting both Danny and Ryan to get their names on the scoreboard this season.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Good positive signing that adds another option/dimension to the team.

If we can follow this up with an old head up top and 2 loan signings I think we are there.

We’ve got Good hardworking players in every position with proper quality in the right places.

Commendable 👏👏

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Broom was impressive against Torquay, he's played in 3 of the 4 pre-season games for Peterborough and he showed today he's match fit.
I like his energy and his strong running, the team can be so slow in moving the ball forward but Broom is direct and fast and today added a new dimension to our attacks.
He played in Mayor's position on the left- - ie: on his wrong foot.

Jun 27, 2019
I wouldn't go as far as "impressive". He had a bright five-minute spell in the first-half when he made space for a fierce shot that went just over, and then did well to get in behind the defence only to send over a poor cross that sailed over two Argyle players at the far post.

The rest of his performance was probably about par for a player who had only met his new teammates a couple of days before - but overall there were one or two encouraging signs.

Strangely, he played in Mayor's role and RL didn't give them any minutes on the pitch together - suggesting Broom is a DM understudy rather than a starter in Camara's position.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
I wouldn't go as far as "impressive". He had a bright five-minute spell in the first-half when he made space for a fierce shot that went just over, and then did well to get in behind the defence only to send over a poor cross that sailed over two Argyle players at the far post.

The rest of his performance was probably about par for a player who had only met his new teammates a couple of days before - but overall there were one or two encouraging signs.

Strangely, he played in Mayor's role and RL didn't give them any minutes on the pitch together - suggesting Broom is a DM understudy rather than a starter in Camara's position.
According to Lowe's post Torquay comments , Broom is going to play on the right of the midfield three or right wing back and we are going to see a lot of him this season, doesn't sound like Lowe sees him as an understudy.

Reactions: WoodsyGreen
Jun 27, 2019
According to Lowe's post Torquay comments , Broom is going to play on the right of the midfield three or right wing back and we are going to see a lot of him this season, doesn't sound like Lowe sees him as an understudy.
Then it's more than a bit odd that he didn't try him out in either position yesterday.

Jan 27, 2012
Broom looks a bit like Scott Parker with a Phil Foden hairdo.

It would be interesting to see Mayor and Broom swap between the right and left sides during games to keep the opposition guessing.

Reactions: Green guile

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Broom looks a bit like Scott Parker with a Phil Foden hairdo.

It would be interesting to see Mayor and Broom swap between the right and left sides during games to keep the opposition guessing.
I suspect they will - provided RL puts both of them on the pitch at the same time.

Jan 27, 2012
The manager had the option to swap George Cooper and Mayor between the left and right sides but never chose to do that, as far as I am aware.