Incoming… (Ryan Broom from Peterborough) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming… (Ryan Broom from Peterborough)

Sep 2, 2008
Wilson looks the real deal and far better than what we had, surely that is apparent in pre season?
I have reservations. I certainly think he is a lot better than what we had last season but that wouldn’t be hard to do.

I would also expect him to look comfortable against inferior teams and teams that aren’t really getting out if 2nd gear.

Let’s not forget that he couldn’t even get a regular spot in a team where the manager himself basically said the team was woeful.

I’ll reserve my thoughts on whether he’s the real deal after a couple games against motivated league 1 opposition.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Add another striker to the squad, preferably as others have mentioned, a strong, experienced one and we are probably ready to start the season. We may still be light in numbers but having versatile players like Bolton, Gillesphey, Galloway, Grant , G.Cooper, Edwards and Broom in the squad should give us plenty of in game cover once all the players are fit . Plus we have Randell in particular , Law and Tomlinson ready to step up to the bench when needed and Mitchell , Pursall, Craske , Shirley , Waruih and Rutherford showing plenty of promise during the pre season games . Probably will see a further loan signing or two ,but add a striker and we should be good to go .

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I note that the video interview with Ryan is behind the new paywall on the official website.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
There was an interesting quip between Ryan and Simon about deli Ali in the recent podcast when answering about brendan Galloway. Anyway goals from midfield was mentioned and that he would get them. It shows they recognised the lack of goals from midfield and I consider it shows they were trying to rectify it. Maybe Broom was the answer
Well Mayor aint going to score many goals from midfield from what I have seen in the recent PSF's..so the goals from midfield have got to come from somewhere...maybe Broom as you say is the answer...

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I have reservations. I certainly think he is a lot better than what we had last season but that wouldn’t be hard to do.

I would also expect him to look comfortable against inferior teams and teams that aren’t really getting out if 2nd gear.

Let’s not forget that he couldn’t even get a regular spot in a team where the manager himself basically said the team was woeful.

I’ll reserve my thoughts on whether he’s the real deal after a couple games against motivated league 1 opposition.
Don’t strain yourself.

Aug 10, 2006
looking at some of the goals on youtube he scored for cheltenham look very good the question is will he do the same with our style of football slow methodical build up.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Liking this signing. Now for the loan striker please.

Dec 30, 2011
People get carried away on here about how good new signings are going to be before actually having seen them play. Lets reserve judgement until Broom's played a few times - the same with all our signings. I have a suspicion he's only been brought in as a back-up squad player and isn't going to be able to hold down a regular first team place.

Reactions: ealinggreen

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
People get carried away on here about how good new signings are going to be before actually having seen them play. Lets reserve judgement until Broom's played a few times - the same with all our signings. I have a suspicion he's only been brought in as a back-up squad player and isn't going to be able to hold down a regular first team place.
People get carried away about how good a new signing yeah, but then again some people get carried away about how bad a new signing will be (he's only going to be a back up who can't hold down a place).

Aren't the people who are getting excited also saying that they actually HAVE seen him play and that's why they're excited?

Dec 30, 2011
People get carried away about how good a new signing yeah, but then again some people get carried away about how bad a new signing will be (he's only going to be a back up who can't hold down a place).

Aren't the people who are getting excited also saying that they actually HAVE seen him play and that's why they're excited?
Just a suspicion :). I hope I'm proved wrong.

Feb 9, 2021

I have to agree with your post
He is obviously an exciting player who has done well at lge 2 level , however he was deemed not good enough for both Peterborough who paid money for him and Burton in terms of appearances last season in lge 1. Let's let him settle in and see were it goes. Peterborough are very clever at accessing wether players are league 1 standard with George and now Ryan examples of this and try to offload as early as possible
It's fare to say that George even before his injury struggled in lge 1 and it may be that Ryan may also struggle
Let's encourage all our new signings but also Let's not forget about Danny Joe and Conner(possibly Pan also) who are proven lge1 players and if you believe some of the posters on here have been rubbish pre season, can't pass can't cross can't shoot pass backwards etc
These are the heartbeat of the team don't forget it!

Reactions: Newmansd