Ideas for new murals. | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ideas for new murals.

Mar 7, 2009
The Doctor":313zomx9 said:
How about plan view diagrams showing key goals from our history with crosses for players and lines showing the movement of the ball and the players as the moves unfold (e.g. Mauge's header, Friio's goal v QPR etc). I know exactly the kind of thing I am trying to describe although I'm not sure anyone else will from my description!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/devon/hi/pe ... 901055.stm

Sort of like the 2nd one, Doc?

Nov 12, 2012
Bizzzay1 - I think yours is a fantastic idea and shows that football fans can be united in the love for their clubs and the game - " I think any new designs should be Argyle related would there be room for one mural dedicated to Brighton & Hove Albion - Fans United? A thank you to the fans who supported Argyle in our darkest hour".

Nov 16, 2006
FordGreen":11pxv8io said:
Baby Hair Johnson":11pxv8io said:
Without wishing to pee on anyone's fireworks or, God forbid, hi-jack a thread but is it just me who is dumbfounded that anyone can whip up any enthusiasm about a flipping mural when we are witnessing our club dieing on its arse :mad: fuksake :banghead:
This! :clap:

Yeah, rather than trying to do something positive, why don't we do something much more productive like start a new Fletcher-out thread or something :facepalm:

B

Baby Face Johnson

Green Neil":2n7b0pkq said:
FordGreen":2n7b0pkq said:
Baby Hair Johnson":2n7b0pkq said:
Without wishing to pee on anyone's fireworks or, God forbid, hi-jack a thread but is it just me who is dumbfounded that anyone can whip up any enthusiasm about a flipping mural when we are witnessing our club dieing on its arse :mad: fuksake :banghead:
This! :clap:

Yeah, rather than trying to do something positive, why don't we do something much more productive like start a new Fletcher-out thread or something :facepalm:

Without wanting to start a virtual fight :shh: could you please explain what positive effect painting another mural will have. :think:

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
I really don't understand peoples negative comments on this thread. Yes we are crap at the mo, yes we all wish things would be better on the pitch, and we all have views on the managerial set up at the club.. but Nikkk just wants to put money into our club and brighten the place up at the same time, all he wants are a few ideas on who should be on the pictures etc.

I think Timar, purely because he is a god of a man ;)

Mar 7, 2009
Absolutely nothing bad can come from this initiative (thanks again Nikkk). The club gets money and the stadium gets sorting out

Great idea and perhaps we could do a poll on Pasoti?

I'd like to see this one personally...

friio_sturrock.jpg

My favourite Argyle picture.

L

Lee Jameson

Nik has come up trumps again, I would like to see a mural of the past POY since say 1974!

The winning idea get a free bottle of Champagne?

B

Baby Face Johnson

Right, I may have misunderstood this. Reading Nikkk's original post again, he states this is extra revenue for the club, as he is sponsoring the murals, in which case I am spouting a load of nonsense (although I am still not really sure what is meant by sponsoring a mural). I had assumed he was just paying to have another mural painted which, in my opinion, would have been a waste of time.

Mar 7, 2009
Baby Hair Johnson":1p4wa316 said:
Right, I may have misunderstood this. Reading Nikkk's original post again, he states this is extra revenue for the club, as he is sponsoring the murals, in which case I am spouting a load of nonsense (although I am still not really sure what is meant by sponsoring a mural). I had assumed he was just paying to have another mural painted which, in my opinion, would have been a waste of time.

Correct BHJ, the club get in excess of £1,000 per mural I believe.

B

Baby Face Johnson

pilgrim_pete":1rf4jfdn said:
Baby Hair Johnson":1rf4jfdn said:

Correct BHJ, the club get in excess of £1,000 per mural I believe.

Excellent :clap: Why don't people read threads properly :facepalm:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Players of the year with a reasonable stint at the club would be a good starting point and one of them should cover the Purse mural which was an error of judgement by our benefactor( I assume it was Nikkk's choice) as there are many many far worthier candidates. Not sure what the club makes from this but it is all good additional income. Personally, I would prefer Nikkk to subsidise a striker with a bonus per goal, someone who could hit the back of the net and get us moving in the right direction on the field as that is where it all needs to begin. Murals, flags etc. are all very nice especially for the youngsters but let's see efforts concentrated on sorting out the on field problems first and foremost.