Ideas for new murals. | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ideas for new murals.

Mar 9, 2011
Hairy J - I wasn’t so bored as to search the net to try to prove a point or run to ATD to have a little snipe of me. Dear me :facepalm: :lol:

Yes, I know there are murals at other stadiums (I’ve seen some myself, The Emirates included) and I know that we aren’t the first to think about having murals. Perhaps a better way of putting it then would be to say, the uniqueness of ours comes in ‘where they are being placed’. Unless you can prove me wrong and find a photo of somewhere that has done this themselves – and I’ll duly apologise :)

A mural is paintwork, I’ll give you that one, used to paint murals myself for my kids (when younger) across the full length of their bedroom walls – ah, that brings back good memories. But what Nikkk and Ian have come up with (paintwork or not) are just as good as a ‘proper’ mural. You’re just being picky tut, tut ;)

Back to the purpose of this thread though ...

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Mac Rickard":4dmcolp6 said:
Hattrick13":4dmcolp6 said:
How about a massive Number 12 and the words "Green Army" next to the number?

or

Could have loads of past Argyle kits and maybe the season they were used?

or

Could have an Argyle XI of the past from all the years from the start til date in a 4-4-2 formation.

or

How about some Argyle songs and their lines.

If you need any help with this NIKKK i'd be glad to help out further with my ideas.

Guessing your part of Forza Nerde? As thats just sad!

Have you made any suggestions or are you just having a go at others who have?

Nov 3, 2011
'skeard
NorfolkGreen":280zzgb6 said:
How about a team photo style mural, with a fan chosen greatest XI in the kits they wore when they played for us, a selected Manager, with Michael Foot and Umbrella Vi at either end and the Plymouth Argyle Football Club name which is at the Mayflower turnstiles in the background?

This gets my vote!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
A big steaming turd mural to remind us of today?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Tugboat":1xc76796 said:
A big steaming turd mural to remind us of today?
What a knob :whistle:

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
How about something to do with the history of the city?

Resurgam in large letters surrounded by iconic images of the Plymouth's history?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
How about an ex-boss and a bit of Sexy Ollie? :greensmile:

October_2413371k2.jpg

Dec 19, 2008
Sue Pollard":2402klie said:
Hairy J - I wasn’t so bored as to search the net to try to prove a point or run to ATD to have a little snipe of me. Dear me :facepalm: :lol:

Yes, I know there are murals at other stadiums (I’ve seen some myself, The Emirates included) and I know that we aren’t the first to think about having murals. Perhaps a better way of putting it then would be to say, the uniqueness of ours comes in ‘where they are being placed’. Unless you can prove me wrong and find a photo of somewhere that has done this themselves – and I’ll duly apologise :)

A mural is paintwork, I’ll give you that one, used to paint murals myself for my kids (when younger) across the full length of their bedroom walls – ah, that brings back good memories. But what Nikkk and Ian have come up with (paintwork or not) are just as good as a ‘proper’ mural. You’re just being picky tut, tut ;)

Back to the purpose of this thread though ...

It's in the link I put at the bottom of my post
http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Fans- ... story.html
Officially unveiled during a friendly match against the Swans, the mural was designed and painted by a supporter Marc Tanner with assistance from Kevin Griffiths, Corey Glover and Cassius Walker-Hunt.

I also stated in my post in took me a few minutes to find those images of murals in football grounds - and are you bored as you've been over to ATD to read the thread over there. Why not register and give me two barrels back?

I personally don't mind them although the Darren Purse one is a little odd but they're being lauded as some amazing thing, a first in football, unique when they simply aren't. It's almost like propaganda on this site when things are bad on the pitch, some "first in football" thing seems to be announced and all the usual suspects come out doing this smiley - :clap:

It's completely weird. At any other club, there would be protests and anger at where we are in the league.

Dec 19, 2008
Ian Holloway probably gave us the best period we have ever had in terms of results and performances and exciting football. Remember exciting football and walking towards the ground feeling as though you were about to watch us win another 3 points? He jumped ship before the NWO came in and destroyed the club - history seems very much to have justified his decision. It's no surprise he's managing at a much higher level than we play in right now. People didn't like Tony Pulis much either; people are odd.