Humble pie for doubting Fletch thread. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Humble pie for doubting Fletch thread.

Nov 8, 2010
Two defeats in 14. 7 goals conceded in 14. Says it all. Fletch has turned this club around and proven all his doubters wrong. So I'm only too glad to eat a massive slab of humble pie and congratulate Fletch for an absolutely outstanding run of form. Every position in the team has been strengthened beyond recognition, not just by transfers but also by a marked improvement from players like Berry, who at the start of the season looked like a write-off of a signing. Fletch has got the best out of his players, whilst signing the right personnel for the task in hand.

It was reasonable to doubt the appointment of a 31 year old midfielder, but Brent and others behind the scenes obviously knew he was a good'un. The cynic in me thought this might be a money-oriented appointment. Perhaps finances played a small part in the rationale for the appointment, but any motion that James Brent made the appointment on a carefree whim to save money now seems remarkably fanciful.

We're not safe until it's mathematical, but I'm now enthusiastic about the prospect of League Two next season with Fletch at the helm, and trust him to sign the right players in the Summer. My only niggling doubts are about our strike-force, but the gaffer is learning quick and I'm confidant he'll sort that out, and as long as we keep on defending like this then frankly we don't need to score that many!

Fletch's Green and White Army - sounds good! I've always been behind the team, and never shouted my negative views at matches even when I thought that we desperately needed a change. I think it's important that fans are reasonably critical of goings on at the club which is why I'd never apologise for my views, but I'm only too glad to admit that I know next to fudge all about football and got this one wrong!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

May 22, 2006
I'll step up. In November I quite confidently stated that the writing was on the wall and we'd be down by April. To think that we could be safe by April....well, there are no words. What has happened since then has thrilled, astonished and delighted me.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He's done a job. Ugly at times but he's managed to get the points. Not nearly as convincing as I would have liked but the prove is there in black and white to see that he's pulled us from the pits.

Is he the right man for us next season? Not in my opinion, sadly.

Feb 21, 2011
Shall not be eating any humble pie as i have supported Fletcher on here and in the pub for months, excellent job all but complete it will take a very strange set of results for us to go down now, hope he stays with us and doesn't move on to Bournemouth but given the amount of stick he gets from the keyboard warriors I wouldn't be suprised.

M

marin(er)

He has certainly done a great job and although I have never criticised him I did doubt the appointment but apart from one or two dodgy tactical gafs he has actually been magnificent! Today has been a monumental day for this club and will hopefully forever be seen as the turning point in the clubs fortunes.... And fletch has to be the man who made it happen!

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
I agree with the OP

I thought we needed we needed a new face to come in a sort things out.

I was wrong.

It looks like we should be OK now thanks entirely to Fletch.

Hopefully mathematical in a couple of weeks and we can all relax again.

:clap: Well done Fletch :clap:

Aug 15, 2008
Carl Fletchers team have defied Football logic and have avoided relegation. There, I have said it! The eight point gap is enough now mark my words.
Amazing really when you analyze the season on and off the pitch - amazing.
One very happy green here! Job done, end of story. I feel sorry for the two clubs that will go down but it won't be us , for once.

Nov 8, 2010
Tugboat":3qgip5cf said:
He's done a job. Ugly at times but he's managed to get the points. Not nearly as convincing as I would have liked but the prove is there in black and white to see that he's pulled us from the pits.

Is he the right man for us next season? Not in my opinion, sadly.

Agreed mate, it has been ugly, but 22 points from the last 12 games is automatic promotion form over a quarter of the season and I can't really see what else he could have done to prove himself.

Actually 20 from 12, but still remarkably impressive. Think we'd all settle for 80 points next season!

Aug 10, 2006
don't be stupid to many draws mate he can't change a game ok we won today but look at the stats and if we draw as many games next season we will finish midtable a better manager would turn most of those draws into wins.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
I'd still give him a pre-season, a few new players, and so on....he deserves it.

I was against Fletcher, but he's demonstrated capability. What he hasn't done is failed, and this is why he deserves a fair crack of the whip. He'll know what's required, it's plain for all to see.

Onwards and upwards.

P

pafcstafford

:facepalm:
loyal1970":2zvydg3y said:
don't be stupid to many draws mate he can't change a game ok we won today but look at the stats and if we draw as many games next season we will finish midtable a better manager would turn most of those draws into wins.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
To just add to the stats above.

Form in 2012 P19 W6 D8 L5. As two of those 5 losses came in first two games of year (Torquay and Crewe) we have won six and drawn eight of last 17.

Fantastic effort all things considered.

Looking forward to a last away game party at Morecambe.

Jul 25, 2011
Manchester Green":1xi2gd8b said:
Two defeats in 14. 7 goals conceded in 14. Says it all. Fletch has turned this club around and proven all his doubters wrong. So I'm only too glad to eat a massive slab of humble pie and congratulate Fletch for an absolutely outstanding run of form. Every position in the team has been strengthened beyond recognition, not just by transfers but also by a marked improvement from players like Berry, who at the start of the season looked like a write-off of a signing. Fletch has got the best out of his players, whilst signing the right personnel for the task in hand.

It was reasonable to doubt the appointment of a 31 year old midfielder, but Brent and others behind the scenes obviously knew he was a good'un. The cynic in me thought this might be a money-oriented appointment. Perhaps finances played a small part in the rationale for the appointment, but any motion that James Brent made the appointment on a carefree whim to save money now seems remarkably fanciful.

We're not safe until it's mathematical, but I'm now enthusiastic about the prospect of League Two next season with Fletch at the helm, and trust him to sign the right players in the Summer. My only niggling doubts are about our strike-force, but the gaffer is learning quick and I'm confidant he'll sort that out, and as long as we keep on defending like this then frankly we don't need to score that many!

Fletch's Green and White Army - sounds good! I've always been behind the team, and never shouted my negative views at matches even when I thought that we desperately needed a change. I think it's important that fans are reasonably critical of goings on at the club which is why I'd never apologise for my views, but I'm only too glad to admit that I know next to flip all about football and got this one wrong!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
well I'm more than happy to step up to the plate and admit as the happy OP I got it spot on amid all doubters
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=62632&hilit=+100%25
some very interesting posts on there btw :oops: