Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight? | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight?

It's about our turn for an odd final day where we win to stay up and deny Hull the play-offs. However, we're Argyle, so I don't see that happening. Lets hope Birmingham loose or draw (and if the draw we only loose by 1 or 2), I think it's our only hope.

Cousin Pavlos

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2021
As it stands, if West Brom were to lose 3-0 against Preston, Hull would need to beat Argyle 9 or ten nil to get in the playoffs....
Would have to play very attacking, throw caution to the wind football to do that... that's when we'd be able to hit them on the break.....
Is this why you cheered the Hull equaliser? Look again at the table - the gap is two points, not three.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It’s only a seven goal swing for Norwich/Hull. I would fully expect Norwich to put other their best 11.

That’s true, they’ll be getting drilled all week that they have to make absolutely sure. Plus they probably know how crap we are, and that swing is possible.

Reactions: SurreyGreen
Dec 17, 2016
Damn. 3-2 Ipswich....
Was just about to say that if it stayed 2-2, that would put Hull 3 points behind Norwich, but Norwich with 7 goal better goal difference. So my suggestion was: if next Saturday Norwich are losing to Brum should Argyle let 8 goals in in quick succession, to provide incentive for Norwich to pull their collective finger out to get a draw with Brum? Just sayin'.....🤔
Just realised that would only work if Norwich beat Brum, not a draw, as with a draw Brum's goal diff would be better than ours and that would relegate us...

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
We’re very lucky to not have the financial jeopardy but this relegation will really hurt. It’s the hope that kills you, we thought it was a new era and things were different.

It will be be a Simon Hallett era whether we get relegated or not.

If we get relegated (even if we don't), we have many things we can use to learn from this experience. We need to change.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
If Ipswich had won tonight they could have been promoted in midweek leaving Leeds and Southampton with nothing to play for, and with the opportunity to rest players next weekend. That's gone now as Leeds' goal difference means they'll still have a chance on the final day for automatic promotion. Norwich would have been more likely to rotate if Southampton and Leeds were rotating, (especially as that would have meant Hull losing tonight and their play-off spot being confirmed). It isn't. Norwich now still need a point, and no-one else is going to be resting, so they're not losing anything on the competition. I'd argue this was a good result for us tonight, apart from the fact Hull now need to thrash us. But I don't see us being thrashed, so I'm hopeful we'll be okay.

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
I can't see any way that Rosenior would allow his team out without a fight. If they lose today he'll send them out next week to prove a point, prove they're good enough to stay on, and he'll be demanding a performance for the fans who have travelled down. I don't see them being flat at all.
Well they certainly won't be flat now. That draw was the worst possible result. Norwich Safe in play offs won't be risking injuries away at Brum and hull need to beat us.

I have now lost all hope. I was hanging in there hoping.

It was a good half a season. Maybe we can bounce straight back

Reactions: Beyton Green
May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Well they certainly won't be flat now. That draw was the worst possible result. Norwich Safe in play offs won't be risking injuries away at Brum and hull need to beat us.

I have now lost all hope. I was hanging in there hoping.

It was a good half a season. Maybe we can bounce straight back
Norwich aren't safe in the play-offs. Seven goal swings have happened on the final day before, and it could happen again. They need to go to Birmingham and get something.

Reactions: Paul green14
Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
It'll be written into Hull folklore, that time they were winning 8-0 on the last day of the season and were ahead of Norwich (who were losing 1-0) on goal difference when Argyle scored to deny them a play off place ... but still got relegated themselves.

Jun 27, 2019
So Norwich now guaranteed a play off spot and Hull need a win - it’ll be a miracle if we stay up.
No they aren't. It might look locked and loaded based on goal difference but Norwich have fought tooth and nail to get into the playoffs, they aren't about to risk giving it up now by fielding a weakened team or laying the beach towels down.

Argyle 0-4 Hull
Birmingham 3-0 Norwich

That's a perfectly possible pair of results. There's absolutely no chance Wagner risks it by doing anything different.

I'm convinced Hull will beat us so it's all on Norwich.