Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight? | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight?

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
Dec 27, 2016
No they aren't. It might look locked and loaded based on goal difference but Norwich have fought tooth and nail to get into the playoffs, they aren't about to risk giving it up now by fielding a weakened team or laying the beach towels down.

Argyle 0-4 Hull
Birmingham 3-0 Norwich

That's a perfectly possible pair of results. There's absolutely no chance Wagner risks it by doing anything different.

I'm convinced Hull will beat us so it's all on Norwich.
And we are relegated…….

Oct 14, 2015
No they aren't. It might look locked and loaded based on goal difference but Norwich have fought tooth and nail to get into the playoffs, they aren't about to risk giving it up now by fielding a weakened team or laying the beach towels down.

Argyle 0-4 Hull
Birmingham 3-0 Norwich

That's a perfectly possible pair of results. There's absolutely no chance Wagner risks it by doing anything different.

I'm convinced Hull will beat us so it's all on Norwich.
That is a situation that could actually happen. Unlikely I grant you but stranger things have happened. Birmingham need to win remember so will go for it from the start so Wagner will take no chances. Maybe Norwich 0-2 up at HT he may make some changes but he’s not going to risk losing his team the play off position they currently have.

Jun 27, 2019
That is a situation that could actually happen. Unlikely I grant you but stranger things have happened. Birmingham need to win remember so will go for it from the start so Wagner will take no chances. Maybe Norwich 0-2 up at HT he may make some changes but he’s not going to risk losing his team the play off position they currently have.
You've just made the point I made. Maybe I didn't explain myself very well but I was saying Norwich will not take it easy against Birmingham because it's just too risky.

Reactions: Welwyn Pilgrim
Jan 9, 2023
We are not crap. Come on .
I'm guessing you haven't seen much of us lately. Only Rotherham look worse, and not by much. We lack any kind of a midfield, and of our championship standard players Whittaker and Hardie are so burned out they look like they're running in treacle.

Someone on a rival forum described us as looking like 11 Michael Caines from Escape to Victory. It's not unfair. Can't knock the effort and it's no criticism of the players. They're just either run into the ground or not good enough in the first place.
All we can hope for is another leicester-esque miracle. Hull looked pretty average when we last played them to be fair.

Reactions: oldage
Dec 17, 2016
As it stands, if West Brom were to lose 3-0 against Preston, Hull would need to beat Argyle 9 or ten nil to get in the playoffs....
Would have to play very attacking, throw caution to the wind football to do that... that's when we'd be able to hit them on the break.....
Got this all wrong...bleddy BBC hadn't updated the table when Hull equalised.....silly me!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Given the poor phone signal at a full Home Park it would be good if the club put the Birmingham score line on the big screen at regular intervals during the Hull game.

Reactions: Emeraldinho and Emu

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
Dec 27, 2016
Ok, I accept the possibility of what you are saying, but let’s be realistic for a moment. Birmingham are at home - the place will be absolutely rocking and Norwich know that unless they lose heavily, they are in the play offs. Contrast that with HP, where Hull will have sold out their allocation, the place will be rocking and we know we have to keep them out for 95mins (at least). We can’t score, our midfield have gone AWOL and if we’re less than 2-0 down at half time, we’ll be doing well. That’s the realistic scenario based on the last 2 performances. I just can’t see how we stay up now - sorry.