Hardie | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hardie

Feb 18, 2016
Jephcott is like sir Tommy he is a poacher and will flourish only with the right service into the box his all round game in my opinion is limited but he is a fine finisher when given he opportunity

Reactions: plymade

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
What about when he plays and doesn't score?

Well there's several games but my point was that when Hardie scores we don't lose.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It could be that Hardieā€™s pace means that the opposition donā€™t press forward as much. He also gives us an outlet to remove some pressure from our defence.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ennis & Jephcott for me. Ennis looks to be getting up to speed and Jephcott is looking a lot sharper.

Reactions: Tugboat
Jan 6, 2004
Garrick seems better from the bench than when he starts - canā€™t drop jephcott when he is in goal scoring form again and Ennis is playing well.

A bench with Houghton Mayor, Garrick and Hardie on it will be one of the best I can remember

Mar 16, 2009
London
Hardie defends from the front better than than any of our forwards in my opinion giving opposition defenders less time to pick a Pass. Looking forward to having him back in the team

Exactly.

If you have quality like Hardie you can stretch the opposition and make it harder for them to attack. That makes it much easier for the team to defend as a unit.

itā€™s no coincidence that weā€™ve conceded so freely without Hardie.

To claim he has no influence on our results other than the goals he scores is foolishly simplistic.

Sep 6, 2006
Exactly.

If you have quality like Hardie you can stretch the opposition and make it harder for them to attack. That makes it much easier for the team to defend as a unit.

itā€™s no coincidence that weā€™ve conceded so freely without Hardie.

To claim he has no influence on our results other than the goals he scores is foolishly simplistic.
Equally foolishly simplistic to suggest our results are so closely related to one average player.

Sep 6, 2006
I wasn't referring to an average player, I was referring to Hardie - one of Argyle's, and League One's, best.

It's a shame your judgement is clouded by a toxic obsession.
It's my opinion - no more a toxic obsession than yours is. This is a player with 1 goal in last 13 and very few last season. Supposedly Championship clubs were queueing up to sign him but apparently there have been no bids. Strange that.

Mar 16, 2009
London
It's my opinion - no more a toxic obsession than yours is. This is a player with 1 goal in last 13 and very few last season. Supposedly Championship clubs were queueing up to sign him but apparently there have been no bids. Strange that.

How can support for one of our best players* to counter exaggerated and continual, unreasonable and slightly
deranged criticism on this forum be considered toxic?

(* - based on stats, based on his reputation among and the opinion of opposing managers, based on our current and previous manager, based on opinion from neutral podcasts and other media, and based on his rare ability to scare the life out of pretty much every defence he's come up against this season , as for example in his most recent appearance vs Championship side Birmingham, which we won and in which we kept a clean sheet, rather than the 9 goals in 3 games we've conceded since )

Reactions: freddie2greens