Hardie | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hardie

Oct 31, 2015
Or perhaps we were missing Pan in the same games. Much more significant.
Yea can't argue with that thought. He is massive to us isn't he. Perhaps a back up/alternative for him is the key. I don't see it as Randell currently.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Interesting reading of the top goalscorer stats on the BBC - it shows that Ryan Hardie has by some distance the best shot accuracy of any of all the strikers on the top goalscorer list with 72% shot accuracy (the 2nd best is 64%). Also very interesting that Jephcott is 3rd on that list with 63% and 4th is 59%.

Reactions: Justin
Sep 6, 2006
Interesting reading of the top goalscorer stats on the BBC - it shows that Ryan Hardie has by some distance the best shot accuracy of any of all the strikers on the top goalscorer list with 72% shot accuracy (the 2nd best is 64%). Also very interesting that Jephcott is 3rd on that list with 63% and 4th is 59%.
Means nothing. Another 'football manager' stat. Shoot straight at the keeper regularly and you have great accuracy. The idea is to AVOID the keeper and put it just inside the post.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Means nothing. Another 'football manager' stat. Shoot straight at the keeper regularly and you have great accuracy. The idea is to AVOID the keeper and put it just inside the post.
Ahh ....but if you shoot straight at the keeper with a scuffed, powder-puff shot and you still have a chance of a goal ....... but hit even the most beautiful, searing, curling, dipping athletic zinger wide or high you have zero percent chance of scoring. I remember the great Gerd Muller saying he never had any idea exactly where he was shooting - he just concentrated on getting it on target. Not a bad philosophy I reckon for a striker.

Sep 6, 2006
Ahh ....but if you shoot straight at the keeper with a scuffed, powder-puff shot and you still have a chance of a goal ....... but hit even the most beautiful, searing, curling, dipping athletic zinger wide or high you have zero percent chance of scoring. I remember the great Gerd Muller saying he never had any idea exactly where he was shooting - he just concentrated on getting it on target. Not a bad philosophy I reckon for a striker.
If you hit the keeper 9 times out of 10 or more he will save it. If you aim for just inside the post it may sometimes miss but if on target you score.

Mar 16, 2009
London

Where did J-in-C mention shooting at the keeper? The stat referred to shot accuracy.

Constantly condescending anyone who posts a valid stat merely magnifies how the modern game and its use of data is completely passing you by Clive.

Clever use of data levelled up Baseball, giving less well off teams a chance of competing at the top, and it’s doing the same now in football (The ’Brentford Model’)

Simon Hallett’s a believer. Perhaps one day you will be too?

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Sep 6, 2006
Where did J-in-C mention shooting at the keeper? The stat referred to shot accuracy.

Constantly condescending anyone who posts a valid stat merely magnifies how the modern game and its use of data is completely passing you by Clive.

Clever use of data levelled up Baseball, giving less well off teams a chance of competing at the top, and it’s doing the same now in football (The ’Brentford Model’)

Simon Hallett’s a believer. Perhaps one day you will be too?

Surely you have the ability to understand that shooting on target often means at the keeper do you not? . And where did I say I don't believe in data analysis? So ironic when YOU talk about someone else being condescending. But it has to be intelligent use of data. I am sure the professionals use more sophisticated data than shots on target or comparing Hardie to Kane.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Surely you have the ability to understand that shooting on target often means at the keeper do you not? . And where did I say I don't believe in data analysis? So ironic when YOU talk about someone else being condescending. But it has to be intelligent use of data. I am sure the professionals use more sophisticated data than shots on target or comparing Hardie to Kane.

It's more the point that you don't understand the data, and seem unwilling to ingest it.

And so when you antagonisingly attack anyone who makes a valid point, that happens to be inconsistent with your confused thinking, you end up making yourself look really foolish.

Shot accuracy has nothing to do with how many shots you take.

You might shoot 10 times, get 7 on target and score from all 7. That's 70% accuracy.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Surely we’d prefer a striker that hits the target more than another striker that doesn’t ?

Sep 6, 2006
It's more the point that you don't understand the data, and seem unwilling to ingest it.

And so when you antagonisingly attack anyone who makes a valid point, that happens to be inconsistent with your confused thinking, you end up making yourself look really foolish.

Shot accuracy has nothing to do with how many shots you take.

You might shoot 10 times, get 7 on target and score from all 7. That's 70% accuracy.
I understand the data it's the wrong data. '7 on target and score from all 7' What's the point of that statement? Means nothing. Never happens anyway.
You talk about being 'really foolish' then that I 'antagonisingly attack'. Are you so daft that you can't see how ridiculous that contradiction makes you look? Anyway this is supposed to be a football forum so am out of here now same as I blocked you on Whatsapp as you won't make any more sense in your parallel universe.

Dec 30, 2020
I understand the data it's the wrong data. '7 on target and score from all 7' What's the point of that statement? Means nothing. Never happens anyway.
You talk about being 'really foolish' then that I 'antagonisingly attack'. Are you so daft that you can't see how ridiculous that contradiction makes you look? Anyway this is supposed to be a football forum so am out of here now same as I blocked you on Whatsapp as you won't make any more sense in your parallel universe.
the data was described by the op (possibly inaccurately as there wasn't a link) as 'shooting accuracy' not 'shots on target.'

So it might refer to shots that are not only on target but also well-struck/well-placed as well.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Great to see that Hardie’s on course for 20+ goals for the season, opportunities permitting.

His third goal last night, in particular, oozed class.

Have we ever had 4 interchangeable forwards that complement each other quite so well?

Such a healthy situation, multiple permutations and so tricky for opposition to prepare against.