Grandstand - main contractor appointed | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand - main contractor appointed

A

andyr1963

IJN":1dlubwm9 said:
The main contractor HAS been appointed Andy, and appointed a few weeks ago as it happens.

Having come back and read this again, I did misunderstand, I took the thread title and jumped to the conclusion that the Grandstand itself had the Main Contractor signed and sealed. All the enabling work is underway HOORAY but until the second phase i.e. the Grandstand NOT the Far Post Club or the tent or ticket office contract is signed I will continue to wonder, why?

So has the contract for the refurbishment of the actual Grandstand been signed? Edited to add "Rhetorical"

tonsk

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
andyr1963":1485n7t4 said:
IJN":1485n7t4 said:
The main contractor HAS been appointed Andy, and appointed a few weeks ago as it happens.

Having come back and read this again, I did misunderstand, I took the thread title and jumped to the conclusion that the Grandstand itself had the Main Contractor signed and sealed. All the enabling work is underway HOORAY but until the second phase i.e. the Grandstand NOT the Far Post Club or the tent or ticket office contract is signed I will continue to wonder, why?

So has the contract for the refurbishment of the actual Grandstand been signed? Edited to add "Rhetorical"

Wring group have been appointed to demolish according to their tweet: LINK
Taking the terracing out and most of the stand for a rebuild. Major transformation going on.
And GL Events has been appointed to rebuild it all. LINK
GL events UK has been appointed to carry out a stadia redevelopment at Home Park Stadium, home of Plymouth Argyle FC.

That's as much as we know and are likely to know I would imagine.

I take it to mean that the first phase of redevopment will be done as and when that particular enabling work is complete, allowing Wring to move on to the terrace and Grandstand enabling work before redevopment work can commence there. Just my theory but it sounds right to me.

tonsk

Dec 25, 2005
Mutley
Was perusing the PCC planning applications page and Argyle have submitted an application for conditional discharge of some of the planning conditions, and as part of this, there is a schedule for the works - https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online ... 471321.pdf

Main points are:

Home Park Works (Phase 1)
Start Date: 5 Apr 2018
End Date: 30 Aug 2019

Key Dates:
Main Contract Works: 18 June 2018 - 30 Aug 2019
Prep and Demolition: 18 June 2018 - 1 Mar 2019
New Changing Rooms: 3 Sep 2018 - 1 Feb 2019
Lower Terrace and Seating: 1 Oct 2018 - 1 Feb 2019

There is a lot more detail there, but all positive news and its great that major work start in a few weeks

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
greenmeadie":1ly4vfgo said:
Was perusing the PCC planning applications page and Argyle have submitted an application for conditional discharge of some of the planning conditions, and as part of this, there is a schedule for the works - https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online ... 471321.pdf

Main points are:

Home Park Works (Phase 1)
Start Date: 5 Apr 2018
End Date: 30 Aug 2019

Key Dates:
Main Contract Works: 18 June 2018 - 30 Aug 2019
Prep and Demolition: 18 June 2018 - 1 Mar 2019
New Changing Rooms: 3 Sep 2018 - 1 Feb 2019
Lower Terrace and Seating: 1 Oct 2018 - 1 Feb 2019

There is a lot more detail there, but all positive news and its great that major work start in a few weeks

Good spot!

It's happening!

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Sorry if I’m sounding silly, but are they refurbishing the upper tier in “Phase 1” too, as there is no mention of that in the post above showing the timescales?

Dec 25, 2005
Mutley
The PCC planning portal can be a bit of a pain, so I took a screen shot of the schedule of works

41418250115_e228e3582f_b.jpg

@Leon Horn - Yes, all of the Mayflower is being refurbished. If you look on the image, the Mayflower extension and internal work is scheduled between Jan - Aug 2019.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Leon Horn":5a5gdoj1 said:
Sorry if I’m sounding silly, but are they refurbishing the upper tier in “Phase 1” too, as there is no mention of that in the post above showing the timescales?

The lower bit is being COMPLETELY rebuilt, but the upper tier is receiving new seating, a new roof and realignment of the seating and concourse. So nowhere near as major as the other work, but should still look considerably better than at present.

Not sure how different the concourse will be, but I hope they keep the old No Smoking etc signs. I always love seeing the accumulation of 50-odd years of signage and the different fonts and colours.

(I’m aware this is a very, very niche interest :lol:)

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
greenmeadie":2dj713bi said:
The PCC planning portal can be a bit of a pain, so I took a screen shot of the schedule of works

@Leon Horn - Yes, all of the Mayflower is being refurbished. If you look on the image, the Mayflower extension and internal work is scheduled between Jan - Aug 2019.

Looking at that then, it would appear that we are actually ahead of schedule!

Item #3 - Stage 2 Main Contract Works that was supposed to start on June 18 has already started.

Excellent!

Feb 17, 2017
What will the players use as changing rooms with the new ones not ready until feb 2019

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Neilz5419":1esybyg3 said:
What will the players use as changing rooms with the new ones not ready until feb 2019

Asked the same a few pages ago, I don't think anyone knows as there was no genuine answer.

May 22, 2006
Neilz5419":1voiw9az said:

The players will change by the side of the pitch. It's a drive by the club to attract more ladies to the match, bloody good idea if you ask me.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Andy_S":5apn10zs said:
greenmeadie":5apn10zs said:

Looking at that then, it would appear that we are actually ahead of schedule!

Item #3 - Stage 2 Main Contract Works that was supposed to start on June 18 has already started.

Excellent!

No. Main Contract works haven’t started yet. This is due to a Main Contract not having been signed yet.

Jan 2, 2010
Ham Green":1r3dagpv said:
Neilz5419":1r3dagpv said:

The players will change by the side of the pitch. It's a drive by the club to attract more ladies to the match, bloody good idea if you ask me.

That's what I heard. The home shirt is actually the away shirt. Our alternate strip is referred to as "skins'

Aug 5, 2005
They are changing at home and arriving in their kit.

The away team have to change on their coach