Grandstand - main contractor appointed | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand - main contractor appointed

May 16, 2016
Quizmike":2ke362vc said:
It's worth pointing out to the people elsewhere that don't believe the story as it hasn't been in the Herald that Chris Errington tweeted a few days ago that he is on holiday

One thing I have noticed of late, is that the Herald is a feed of Clickbait chutney, unless, its a James Brent interview or related to the refurb, then it's gospel, forensically examined and discussed !

T

The Grumpy Loyal

If a main contract for the actual Grandstand refurb is all signed - excellent. Every close season day that passes without the actual main development build happening is a huge waste.

Very very odd that such a milestone is not noted at all on the official site, or any of the local papers.

Aug 3, 2017
I’m hoping, Grumpy, they are holding out until they some some offers out there on the table for players. If not I sadly agree, it would be a shame to consider they might miss announcing it because a little excavation has already been done.

Sep 17, 2017
andyr1963":18j84men said:
So the first "phase" of construction does not include changing rooms, a lower terrace, seating, a new roof structure. We have a main contractor, signed and sealed, :scarf: The second phase does include the above. No time lines.
So still plenty to arm the "anti's".
:sigh:

GET ON WITH IT

OMG please really, it’s not that difficult to understand !!!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":2kp6o4gc said:
If a main contract for the actual Grandstand refurb is all signed - excellent. Every close season day that passes without the actual main development build happening is a huge waste.

Very very odd that such a milestone is not noted at all on the official site, or any of the local papers.

Have I missed something, who said the main contract has been signed.

It mentions an 'enabling contract' has been signed. isn't this normal in such circumstances?

Get the thing started, all the preliminary stuff, and then whilst that's being done, the 'main contract' is signed, after the details have been sorted out. What goes where and how many and stuff like that.

This way all the detailed stuff can be agreed upon whilst all the easy stuff, demolition of the far post, taking the roof off seats out etc continues without delaying anything.

I'll ask Esmer, a QS, he'll know.

It's certainly the methodology I've used in the past, and I never ever had any problems with it.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Right. So just to be clear, the main contract to refurb the actual Grandstand hasn’t been signed.

I think from the general tone of the thread, some people thought that it had.

As an aside, is there any meats on bones of exactly why it’s still not signed? Precious close season time being frittered away.

Aug 5, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":19ko3wa1 said:

Why? What is it wasting? The stand won't be ready until August 2019. Are you afraid already that it will overrun?

Do you not think that they should do the other work first before the work on the main stand?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Time to bow out Mike. Grumpy is listening to a pompous 'expert' somewhere I reckon.

A

andyr1963

PilgrimZ1R":tepj1o1v said:
andyr1963":tepj1o1v said:
So the first "phase" of construction does not include changing rooms, a lower terrace, seating, a new roof structure. We have a main contractor, signed and sealed, :scarf: The second phase does include the above. No time lines.

GET ON WITH IT

Er, yes it is. IF Chairman andyr1963 was in charge the main contractor would have been appointed, the start date for the refurb would have been the first Monday after the play off semi final date, prep (Underway at the moment) would lead straight into the refurbishment complete NOT Phase 1 and 2 The whole job in one hit.

Sat here it looks like James Brent has enough money to start the project.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The main contractor HAS been appointed Andy, and appointed a few weeks ago as it happens.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think the plan is to let them change in Central Park like we all had to.

May 3, 2016
Looks like you had missed something, come on your losing it?
We the people rely on you, (I feel a sticker coming on).

:thumbup:

May 8, 2011
andyr1963":x27sqmc3 said:
PilgrimZ1R":x27sqmc3 said:
andyr1963":x27sqmc3 said:

GET ON WITH IT

Er, yes it is. IF Chairman andyr1963 was in charge the main contractor would have been appointed, the start date for the refurb would have been the first Monday after the play off semi final date, prep (Underway at the moment) would lead straight into the refurbishment complete NOT Phase 1 and 2 The whole job in one hit.

Sat here it looks like James Brent has enough money to start the project.

You can’t do the whole job in one hit, as there has to be a lot of demolition works and stripping out of the grandstand before the refurbishment works can start.
The project has always been planned to be in phases, first detailed in the consultation last summer. This is the bit the keyboard experts always seem to conveniently ignore.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
area51":3ttg0139 said:
Looks like you had missed something:

What have I missed?

The main contractor HAS been appointed. You know that, you and I went up to see their work in Worcester on the way to Rochdale.

What I haven't missed is the main contract has been signed. It hasn't, but who said it has? Certainly not the Herald.